BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michel Salgado

arbitro

Has anybody else heard a story about Michel Salgado asking for a transfer? The word is that he is close to triggering a clause in his contract which will see him offered a new deal once he completes so many appearances. He is unhappy that he is being excluded from the squad and he belives that it is so the clause won't come into effect. Therefore he is rumoured to have asked for a transfer. Amother bit of gossip is that three other players have also asked for transfers - does anybody have any more information on this?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robinson, Givet, Samba and Salgado.

We can all argue about their individual abilities but, for me, when these guys are on the pitch, they are the ones who outwardly seem to care most passionately about BRFC and the fans. Hope it's not true.

• Backroom

If I was a professional footballer of any repute I'd be embarrassed to have to call Steve Kean my manager or admit I played for a team owned by Venky's... so if anybody has handed in a transfer request I wouldn't blame them.

In saying that, Salgado's legs are gone and he's a liability whenever he plays right back for us. Did well when he first joined us but his time has passed, so if he did leave it wouldn't be too concerning. Robbo, Samba and Hoilett would be more worrying.

We can all argue about their individual abilities but, for me, when these guys are on the pitch, they are the ones who outwardly seem to care most passionately about BRFC and the fans. Hope it's not true.

They all have character, they form the heart of the team. Without them we would go down for sure.

Absolute legend and a great fella by all accounts, but he's had his day.

If only we had the next Denis Irwin in the wings...

Agree - an excellent signing who has just gone a season too far.

Would be a top guy to have on the coaching staff though, under the wings of a proper manager

Even if it is true, all we have to do is say no to their transfer request.

They're all under contract. Tough ######.

I'd gamble that he would be a far, far, better manager than Stevie Blunder from Cumbernauld and a million times more decent than the scumbag from jock land.

Yeah...he probably would actually..not a bad call that.

Ive always thought he could do a decent job sitting in front of the defence in a five. Cant argue hes a player...maybe a Tugay role....

Based on what? There is no correlation between being a good manager and being a good player. They are totally separate.

For me his biggest attribute would be his mental toughness, coupled with the experience of playing at the top and winning at the top. - now this is what sorts the men from the boys. (Souness,Daglish,Hughes,Ferguson) Leaders of men unlike wee Stevie !

You get those that talk a good game like wee Stevie and then there are those that just go out and do it and win more times than they lose.

Question who would command more respect in the professional world wee Stevie or Michel Salgado ?

I continue to maintain that he looks exposed because he too often is. His pace is not there as it was but he has no protection when playing thus left 2 on 1 far too often. He could still do a job for me and must be a worthy squad addition. As to the rumours, who the **** knows?

Archived