BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michel Salgado

arbitro

Gotta wonder what the pre match interviews will be like. Press are bound to question Kean about Salgado's comments. Will Kean contradict a football legend? Should be a real squirmer! Salgado could be the issue that gets the press investigating deeper.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those of you who has seen it, is it a video-interview with Salgado, this?

Kean will probably lie or spin it if he is confronted with this tomorrow.

I wish we werent playing Bolton, we really need three points tomorrow, but we REALLY need Kean out even more! :(

Think we should show the manager that we prefer Salgado over him....lots of chants for Salagado tomorrow lads!

Irrespective of his legs going, he's a top pro who always gives 100% and doesnt deserve to be cast to one side.

Would +1 this post if the button was there.

Salgado has been an excellent pro throughout his career and is a legend who does not deserve to be treated like this.

Regardless of his performances this season (where he hasnt recieved much help from other players to be fair) he was outstanding under Sam & has earned the respect of Rovers fans.

Renditions of : "He came from Real Madrid - He didnt cost a quid - Salgado - Salgado" wouldnt go a miss against Bolton.

The players may know that the fans arent against them, but instead are against Kean & the Venkys, but it would be good to show the rest of the football world this with the game being live on SKY. :xmas:

Instead of letting Salgado go, perhaps an option would be to release Riberio, Anderson and Blackman from their contracts thus freeing up wages, or would this upset the owner/ owners?. Although He's getting on he's still a damn sight more useful than the three of them put together.

Honestly think this has more to do with Salgado not being part of the Scam that's going on at Ewood nowadays.

Who gave him the new contract in the first place (and allegedly made some money for himself as part of the deal)? I think there is an element here of the imposter seeing Salgado as a threat to his own position. If the imposter was to be sacked one of the possibilities would be to put somebody like Salgado into an interim managerial role. I have known this before when experienced players have been moved on as an under pressure manager clings on to his job.

Watch your back Nelly.

This could be the straw that breaks the camels back for some of the players, I sincerley hope so and some more break ranks and tell the media what is really happening.

Someone like Salgado would be perfect to help the manager. I imagine he is well respected and liked by the squad(most likely more than the spin doctor Kean). His experience is second to non and he should be kept on in some capacity to help the club. Salgado probably knows what Venky's and agent Kean are up to and won't put up with his bullshit. "let's be positive lads, we are playing a team below us this week(for a change!) we are on the verge on an unbeaten run!"

I'd shove him in midfield, he might not be mobile, but can't be any less mobile than Dunny and at least give us a bit of bite. That's what we need right now, some fight and controlled aggression. Make a real scrap of it and make teams scared that they are going to come off the pitch black

and blue(fairly of course). Just like Hughes did when he came. Not going to happen though is it?

This has been handled badly I know but put the club in a position were it has to offer him a new contract ! You must be joking !

Did I not read a page back that the contract becomes valid after ANOTHER 9 GAMES not tonight, we need as much experience out there as possible. when will it end.

The treatment of Salgado by Desai, Kean and the Brothers Grimm tells us all we need to know about the moral compass of our owners. Basically, it would appear from this decision that money is the bottom line and the club's welfare is of secondary importance. We have a major injury crisis and the fact that Salgado may be able to make a contribution is clearly not as important as saving money. No wonder supporters are walking away from the club in droves. The club's reputation is in the gutter. If a player of Salgado's stature can be treated in this way one really does fear for the jobs of those working at Ewood Park and Brockhall.

Absolutely shocking treatment of one of the greats of modern football - his connections should be being used to the benfit of the club yet instead we have alienated him and no doubt more than a few others in the playing squad with this little beauty.

Yes his legs have gone and yes he shouldnt get a new contract - but what a joke we have become. Who do Kean and Venky's think they are treating someone of Salgado's stature like this? Kean even tried telling us he is injured at the weekend the muppet!!!

We have only got one fit first team defender for tonight (I am deliberately not counting Hanley) and yet Salgado has been given 5 days off?

Surely the rest of the players will be fuming about this? It's no wonder the fight seems to have drained away from most of them under these clowns

Doesnt say much for our finances either

Really really stupid decision to ban him from playing tonight, Rovers have big injury problems in defence and we need Michel's experience tonight. He shown his age tonight but he is a model professional and we need his big gamne experience. That should take precedance over any financial consideration but sadly at the circus that Rovers have become, on the field issues seem to be a secondary consideration.

Also makes a mockery of the manager claiming that he was injured.

We are second bottom with a shocking defensive record and are playing the bottom team in a must win game. Kean plays 2 midfielders at full back in the middle of an injury crisis while a fit Salgado is left out of the team.

Unbelievable, I give up!!!

Archived