BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michel Salgado

arbitro

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been happening all season, have kept posting about it but of course, both Evra and Rapheal at Man U are pretty quick, yet I watched Valencia and Nani tracking back to give them protection, its not rocket science but obviously too advanced for Kean!!

One of the real strengths in 95 were Wilcox and Ripley covering the flanks. They covered Berg and LeSaux when the opposition had the ball, and they got forward when we had the ball.

We were a lot fitter then though. ;)

Salgado appears to have a genuine affection for Rovers and perhaps someone should tell him the club's best interests in our present circumstances would be served by him lifting the lid on Steve Kean's "reign" at Ewood. As he has been effectively sacked by Kean and is probably finished as a top-level player he has nothing to lose and Rovers fans would be eternally grateful to him.

Salgado appears to have a genuine affection for Rovers and perhaps someone should tell him the club's best interests in our present circumstances would be served by him lifting the lid on Steve Kean's "reign" at Ewood. As he has been effectively sacked by Kean and is probably finished as a top-level player he has nothing to lose and Rovers fans would be eternally grateful to him.

+1 for that Jim :tu:

Avoid a new contract, which may kick in in 9 games time, despite our desperate situation in defence.

The more I hear and read, the more I'm starting to thing relegation is part of the plan.

But why? And why Rovers?

All those years the Trust hesitated to sell. Could Dan Williams really have done a worse job?

Avoid a new contract, which may kick in in 9 games time, despite our desperate situation in defence.

The more I hear and read, the more I'm starting to thing relegation is part of the plan.

But why? And why Rovers?

All those years the Trust hesitated to sell. Could Dan Williams really have done a worse job?

Can anyone remember the reason why Dan Williams didn't follow up his initial interest?

I don't really understand, if it's 9 games until the clause kicks in why is it an issue now?

That struck me as well, as I'm sure it has many others. What's all that about? It's not as though we have many to choose from back there is it? Utterly bizarre. Almost as though he wants us to lose which is ridiculous but honestly what other explanation is there?? It's a game for experienced old heads, not kids. So he gives him 5 days off?

That struck me as well, as I'm sure it has many others. What's all that about? It's not as though we have many to choose from back there is it? Utterly bizarre. Almost as though he wants us to lose which is ridiculous but honestly what other explanation is there?? It's a game for experienced old heads, not kids. So he gives him 5 days off?

Maybe Kean sees him as a threat to his authority?

I agree entirely Jim. He celebrated more that any other player when we won at Wolves, a fact I remarked on at the time. It seemed that it meant so much to him after all he has achieved in the game. What a shocking way to treat a man who, in football terms, honesty and integrity is polarised from the imposter and the Indians.

Altogeter now "We're having a party when Kean gets the sack, we're having a party when Kean gets the sack"

Repeat ad nauseum.

He cant control the older heads in the team which is why he plumps for kids to play because they will do as told.

He wont play people who he cant control and they get treat with nothing but contempt, look at the way he treat EHD and Kalinic, he totally froze Kalinic away from the team and left EHD standing at the front door and now this to Salgado.

Maybe Kean sees him as a threat to his authority?

He cant control the older heads in the team which is why he plumps for kids to play because they will do as told.

He wont play people who he cant control and they get treat with nothing but contempt, look at the way he treat EHD and Kalinic, he totally froze Kalinic away from the team and left EHD standing at the front door and now this to Salgado.

You might be right, I bet the Under 7's are crapping themselves in case Venky's give him a new role in charge of their team.

I don't really understand, if it's 9 games until the clause kicks in why is it an issue now?

Obvious isn't it ? He's had a bust-up with Kean and so is out of the door.

For Salgado, read E-H Diouf and probably Jensen. No one crosses Kean without suffering.

Guest Rovers4Good

The circus has well and truely come to town on this one and can't understand why he wasn't even part of the squad as in the past few months Kean has been itching to get Salgado back in the team.

I smell a rat but you could say that about all Keans decisions..

Just winds me up when you hear Kean spout out, So many injures, Jason Lowe a natural midfielder filled in at RB.

Well what about the proper RB who won countless trophies for Real Madrid and up until about a fortnight ago was a regular part of your first eleven who now isn't even good enough to be on the bench in a defensive crisis, apparantley.

What about the two defenders you bought in the summer in Anderson and Riberio.

I would love some reporter or journo to ask him that next time he complains about injuries to defenders.

I really don't get the Salgado thing though, if it's true about him needing 9 more games for a contract renewal then bloody play him for 8 more bloody games, why was it okay to play him at the start of the season but not now?

I really don't get the Salgado thing though, if it's true about him needing 9 more games for a contract renewal then bloody play him for 8 more bloody games, why was it okay to play him at the start of the season but not now?

And why play him in midfield against Sunderland? :D

Archived