BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michel Salgado

arbitro

"A source close to Salgado said: “Michel felt he could have helped the team, but he was told before Christmas that he could not play. He was prepared to rip up his contract and agree to leave in the summer, but they said no."

From that Mirror article.

The club most definitely received the offer to rip up the contract and still froze him out.

This is pure venal vindictiveness against Salgado.

Just Kean playing with a long head by getting rid of Sam's men from within the squad. From the original public dissenters of the new regime Nelsen's gone, Samba's gone, Phil Jones's gone, EHD's gone, Bert's gone. All of whom could be classed as leaving under very suspicious circumstances. The only other two that I can think of are Robbo who got his knuckles rapped in December and Dunny who we can all safely assume through the promise of a coaching role has gone over to the dark side.

The treatment of our senior and respected players matches the treatment of the Manager and the senior staff since the Slumdogs trapped up and is reason enough not to renew ST's without performances being taken into account.

View the past 18 months and we've had our very own Night of the Long Knives (http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/GERnight.htm) we've seen any dissent from within the supporters vilified and quashed, we've seen intimidation by body searching, we've seen countless lies, we've seen control over the press and media, we've seen the official BRFC site manipulated and censored beyond belief, we've seen web sites like this threatened with legal action (I'm led to believe that I have been the subject of a police enquiry over comments that I have made on here that must have ruffled a few feathers somewhere in Europe), we've seen never ending propaganda issues and control exerted over the press and media .... Lets be honest BRFC is being run by a bunch of bloody Nazi's. Think about it.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had a text off a mate ,******* tom finn and salgado have a meeting with a journo for the end of the season .To spill the beans************

no idea if true again but another rumour to the packed mill.

had a text off a mate ,******* tom finn and salgado have a meeting with a journo for the end of the season .To spill the beans************

It wouldn't suprise me if it was true, it looks like Salgado has been desperate to release info for a while if you go by his twitter comments

If I had the chance to take a gamble, i'd have Salgado as manager backed up with a proven backroom team of his choice rather than the useless jock that we currently have to suffer.

If I had the chance to take a gamble, i'd have Salgado as manager backed up with a proven backroom team of his choice rather than the useless jock that we currently have to suffer.

Been thinking that if Kean had been fired after Spurs, why not throw Salgado in there until the end of the season? If he wanted it on a full-time basis, then... oh wait, Venky's own us. Never mind.

He tweeted something the other day about not being silenced, like seemingly we have paid others to do.

He has money and a career littered with history. I asked him the other day if he'd be writing a book (not on this, but the whole of his career with this having a chapter) and he said he'd think about it. If he does, I'll be first in line to get it, have him sign it and read it.

When it comes to Barca or Real, I'm Barca, but he's arguably the greatest RB Real have ever had, and you've got to respect that, regardless of his time at Blackburn. How he could be treat this way by ANYONE is beyond me. He's a genuine legend of the game.

He has money and a career littered with history. I asked him the other day if he'd be writing a book (not on this, but the whole of his career with this having a chapter) and he said he'd think about it. If he does, I'll be first in line to get it, have him sign it and read it.

When it comes to Barca or Real, I'm Barca, but he's arguably the greatest RB Real have ever had, and you've got to respect that, regardless of his time at Blackburn. How he could be treat this way by ANYONE is beyond me. He's a genuine legend of the game.

To be fair not many of the people who work in / play football are paupers, so it's quite sad to see them take hush money and leave the fans hanging. This doesn't seem to be the case with Salgado though which shows what a top guy he really is, he goes out of his way to answer questions when he's on twitter from anyone. How could you treat a guy in the manner he has been by the club is beyond me.

To be fair not many of the people who work in / play football are paupers, so it's quite sad to see them take hush money and leave the fans hanging. This doesn't seem to be the case with Salgado though which shows what a top guy he really is, he goes out of his way to answer questions when he's on twitter from anyone. How could you treat a guy in the manner he has been by the club is beyond me.

He was a prominent figure in their advert too, along with Nelly and Dunny. Of the three, Dunn is the only one to remain, and is arguably the one we least needed to actually be in the XI this season.

Crazy not to have Salgado's fire and experience available to us at the sharp end of the season.

Exactly Philip, here is a man who offered to rip up his contract extension to help the club, but that was refused by all accounts ;) Kean hold your head in shame, feathering your own nest has backfired wouldn't you say :tu:

Thing is just having Salgado around would benefit the team. His knowlege and experience is immense, I believe he even offered to waive the clause in his contract that said he was eligable for a new one should he play so many games. I suspect that the powers that be at the club objected to his refusal to say yes to everything. You have to remember he loved the Ribble Valley and wanted to bring his family up here. The man may not have been able tooffer as much on the playing side week inweek out but Im convinced he would have still been spot on to have behind the scenes just like Nelsen playing the occasional bit part. Part of the reason Salgado was a great player is that he appears to be a great man, I have no illusions that Salgado the man will become a top manager/coach one day.

There could be something in this “tell all” story, I read a Rovers blog by Mike Delap yesterday where he interviewed a reporter called Martin Blackburn from the Sun. The reporter claims he was talking to a very senior Rovers player outside Brockhall the other day about the Rovers’ situation and the player in question turned around, pointed at the Rovers badge above the entrance and said “it’s a (Please don't use that word again)**g embarrassment” he would not name the player but the reporter did say when the season has finished all will be revealed.

• Backroom

I know the ill fated trip to Pune is an irellevence but guess who the Indian fans were literally screaming for, guess who spent ages signing autographs and doing interviews for tv.

Also someone at rovers said every time they have done an autograph event at the store in town Michel would be the last to leave and wouldn't go until everyone got an autograph

Top top pro in a time when some kids play a game and think they are billy big banana, he has done it all yet remains humble and willing.

• Backroom

There is an argument to be made for Salgado not playing - the change in regime appeared to negatively impact him as a player and he was a liability multiple times before he stopped playing.

However, to completely exile him from the club at a time when his experience could massively benefit the lads is absolute madness.

That would be one of the best solutions to the current problems.

Michel has forgotten more in the last 7 days than Kean will ever know about football.

Archived