BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michel Salgado

arbitro

"@GuillemBalague: The Michel Salgado situation (but especially the lack of funds) affects the promise Blackburn did to Raul: they won't go back for him"

It's the Christmas that just keeps giving and giving.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Salgado should refuse to go anywhere - tell em to stuff a transfer and take six months playing in the ressies or whatever, getting paid a handsome wage.

I doubt that will happen, as Michel is far too much of a professional for that... but I'd love him to give them the finger, stay for the next six months and cause mayhem in the press etc.

"@GuillemBalague: No news on Salgado yet. He will train with the team on the 27th. Club wants him 2 go without paying him,he would like some sort of agreement"

If ever there was proof that they aren't going to invest any of their own money.

Just winds me up when you hear Kean spout out, So many injures, Jason Lowe a natural midfielder filled in at RB.

Well what about the proper RB who won countless trophies for Real Madrid and up until about a fortnight ago was a regular part of your first eleven who now isn't even good enough to be on the bench in a defensive crisis, apparantley.

What about the two defenders you bought in the summer in Anderson and Riberio.

I would love some reporter or journo to ask him that next time he complains about injuries to defenders.

I really don't get the Salgado thing though, if it's true about him needing 9 more games for a contract renewal then bloody play him for 8 more bloody games, why was it okay to play him at the start of the season but not now?

Surely someone in the media is bright enough to put two and two together. Aren't they capable of asking well if your injuries are so bad why aren't you playing a VASTLY EXPERIENCE PRO such as Salgado. He claims to be fit so Steve why don't you play him. We've all seen him play and he may be a it slower but he leaves it all out there on the pitch for your team so why did you give him five days off?

MAybe they don't ask these sort of questions because it does not fit in with what THEY the media are trying to do.

This is the main issue that should be ringing alarm bells at Barclays and the PL. We would rather not pay the wages for a first team player and risk relegation, how short of money do you need to be to risk millions in sponsorship and tv money for one players contract?

Fit and Proper - **** off!!!!!

• 1 month later...

The key one was he has tried to discuss taking the clause out of his contract so he could play again, but Venkys are having none of it due to costs (because of match day bonuses presumably)

If that's true, he would do well to tell Andy Cryer...

The key one was he has tried to discuss taking the clause out of his contract so he could play again, but Venkys are having none of it due to costs (because of match day bonuses presumably)

Thanks.We are certainly run on a shoe-string these days. Sigh........

For those without Twitter.....

Gav Reid@gav25067117

@TheRealSalgado Has steve kean spoke to you about Disgusting treatment of you by the owners or has he not mentioned it, ur gonna be missed

Michel Salgado@TheRealSalgado

@gav25067117 I've had and have several chats with Kean but his hands are tied up

-------

Paul Wolstencroftp@Paul01254

@TheRealSalgado a legend treated likr crap. You should offer to play and ask them to scrap the clause in your contract! We NEED experience!!

@Paul01254 I don't care about the clause

------

John Booth@B00they

@TheRealSalgado hope you get to play at least one more time, so we can all give you a propper send off that you deserve!

@B00they I wish I had one minute

John Booth@B00they

@TheRealSalgado i also hope whats happend this season hasn't tainted your view of blackburn rovers. good luck for the future and thanks

@B00they never mate. My time in Rovers has been outstanding. I said before nobody is gonna ruin it.

------

To all Rovers fans. Most of you are asking me about Venkys. My situation is frustrating and they know it but I won't create problems as I think the club need all our support in such a difficult situation. Relegation is not a possibility for such a great club People change but club remains and I don't want to talk about people when we need to stick together

Babak Golriz@BabakGolriz

@TheRealSalgado Michel why don't you come to an agreement to forsake the extension clause if it means you can take part in games again?

@BabakGolriz they don't want an agreement. They just want to save money

------

Joe Cullen@Joe_Cullen_

@TheRealSalgado Yes. I think we all know. The owners really don't have a clue. Are the players working for Kean?

@Joe_Cullen_ players are doing amazing due the situation mate

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

@TheRealSalgado hi michel. We are all sorry about the way you have been frozen out. Could you follow me so I can send you a message. Cheers

@CryerRovers hi Andrew. No problem about some words to Rovers fans

• Backroom

Beyond disgusting how he's been treat, absolute legend and a model pro.

Also cant do enough for fans some young kids get arrogant and think they are big time, this guy is a bonafide legend and was always they guy to stay at events longest signing autographs for kids etc

If it's true that he's offered to scrap his clause (assuming he didn't ask for a pay off on it) then now I agree his treatment has been disgraceful. If there's still money that could be paid to him if he plays, he could agree to waive that too, but we're definitely into 'he shouldn't have to' territory. How bad a state are we in that we can't afford appearance fees? All our players get appearance bonuses surely...so how worse can it be to let Michel have his if he's deemed good enough to play (incidentally I don't think he is anymore, except in a major injury crisis, so I consider it a bit academic, but still worrying)

There will still be some people who back Venkys even after this.

People were blaming Salgado as though he was greedy for wanting the clause. I want them and Venkys to be further embarrassed.

Our worst defensive crisis in years, in the midst of a relegation battle and we don't want to PAY player who are already at the club. Why the HELL we are paying the likes of Bruno and Anderson if we don't have any money is beyond a joke.

Shame we can't have one of Brownie's "An audience with..." so we can thank him personally cos you can be damn sure the club won't. Disgusting.

Bluebruce. Salgado could still do a job for us, with his experience and quality. However, it would require a proper manager to do so. Kean would rather leave Michel exposed at full back in pursuit of those 3 goals we need to score in order to win a game. Three goals to win a game! It's completely unrealistic and it's why we are where we are.

I've posted before but one goal less per game and we would be in a very healthy league position. Properly using a vastly experienced defender could surely have helped.

One of the few players in the game who deserves the legend tag.

People back venkys? I can't remember the last time I saw someone who did. I think some people seem to mistake agreeing with a specific issue for supporting venkys in general, which is unfair on those fans. Just because venkys are evidently abundantly incompetent doesn't mean they never get anything right ever. Each decision should be judged on its own merits, rather than on the basis of the 95-99 percent of calls they've got wrong.

For my part, I wasn't blaming Salgado, it's up to him whether he wants to keep clauses he has contractually agreed, but I did say if he is so keen to play he can ask for the clause to be removed because he isn't worth another year on his wage. It appears from this, that he did ask, which shows great commitment, but there's no cause for myself or others to feel 'embarassed' just because we didn't know about this.

Astonished though that, when we are presumably already paying him about 40k a week to do nothing, we can't stretch to appearance fees for him to be an active player when needed. That's a bigger waste of money than anything else.

Sorry stu but I just disagree. For all his experience, it is his pace which exposes him most, not our cavalier approach. No point changing our system to accomodate a player on the wane, despite how great he once was. If we cover the fullbacks more, that system will result in less goals anyway. So conceding one less a game won't cut it anymore. Whichever flank Hoilett plays we will lack cover, and he is vital for our attacks.

Sorry stu but I just disagree. For all his experience, it is his pace which exposes him most, not our cavalier approach. No point changing our system to accomodate a player on the wane, despite how great he once was. If we cover the fullbacks more, that system will result in less goals anyway. So conceding one less a game won't cut it anymore. Whichever flank Hoilett plays we will lack cover, and he is vital for our attacks.

He is not the player he once was but his EXPERIENCE is vital in a situation like this, lets fast forward to the last home game of the season (Wigan), Rovers need to win to stay up, it'll be a high pressure game, in those games people like Nelsen, Salgado and Roberts are vital, yes it is good to have good upcoming players but with that you need EXPERIENCE and KNOW HOW, you need players who have experienced tough situations in the past. Wolves away was a prime example, we won that game because our experienced players delivered in that high pressure situation.

The way Salgado and the other players who have left have been treated by Venky's is shockingly bad, it lacks class and is disrespectful to players who given so much to the club.

Archived