BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michel Salgado

arbitro

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And when the beans have been spilt,then what,no one is interested in BRFC.

Anderson has had the whole situation sewn up and watertight from day one.

Probably true but I imagine when Steven Nzonzi speaks noone cares or listens, when Michel Salgado speaks many people in football listen.

Tugay and his staff....with Salgado & Dunn as coaches? Sure that would sit well with some fans.

David Dunn is a good-time Charlie who has shamelessly sucked up to the wretched Raos for his forty pieces of silver. I couldn't give a toss if I never saw him in a Rovers shirt again.

I have a hunch he round tell the owners to do IF they actually bothered to ask him.

I dont think he would have anything to do with our club , whilst they are here, again for us even if Balaji Venkytash and Desai had an apology arse kissing session in the centre circle at the Wigan Game after Salgado had a night on the beer and had some of Darwen Streets finest cusine the night before.

David Dunn is a good-time Charlie who has shamelessly sucked up to the wretched Raos for his forty pieces of silver. I couldn't give a toss if I never saw him in a Rovers shirt again.

It's surprising just how many supporters seem to have seen through Dunn.

Not a popular figure at all around where I sit.

• Backroom

After he came out with crap like this earlier in the season:

Dunn leapt to the defence of his manager and revealed his disappointment at the behaviour of the Ewood Park faithful.

'It was disappointing,' he said. 'If you had asked the fans before the season would they have taken four points from Fulham and Newcastle away and Arsenal and Manchester City at home, many would say yes.

'Going further back, if we had converted our two penalties against Everton we would be sat 11th or 12th with probably not much being said.

'The booing and the jeering doesn't help anyone. From a players' point of view, we see the hard work the manager and the staff do so it is disappointing to see the reaction.

'I am hoping it is just a minority. I heard the guys that are leading the protest on the radio and it is poor. To be leading protests is poor.'

I'm not surprised he isn't a popular figure. He's been complicit in Kean's horror-show since day one - I think he's the only one of the senior players not to have some kind of fall out with Kean? Well, possibly MGP as well, but Pedersen wouldn't say boo to a goose so he doesn't count.

Don't talk daft! The bloke has got a living to make. I don't see many people slagging of Nelsen or Roberts for the pro Venky's tripe they dished out. David Dunn may be dancing with the devil, but he put in more effort against Spurs than any other lame duck in our starting line up. It's the billy big boots performances from N'Zonzi, Olsson and Hoilett who'd I'd be more concerned about.

After he came out with crap like this earlier in the season:

Dunn leapt to the defence of his manager and revealed his disappointment at the behaviour of the Ewood Park faithful.

'It was disappointing,' he said. 'If you had asked the fans before the season would they have taken four points from Fulham and Newcastle away and Arsenal and Manchester City at home, many would say yes.

'Going further back, if we had converted our two penalties against Everton we would be sat 11th or 12th with probably not much being said.

'The booing and the jeering doesn't help anyone. From a players' point of view, we see the hard work the manager and the staff do so it is disappointing to see the reaction.

'I am hoping it is just a minority. I heard the guys that are leading the protest on the radio and it is poor. To be leading protests is poor.'

I'm not surprised he isn't a popular figure. He's been complicit in Kean's horror-show since day one - I think he's the only one of the senior players not to have some kind of fall out with Kean? Well, possibly MGP as well, but Pedersen wouldn't say boo to a goose so he doesn't count.

He can side with who he likes as far as i'm concerned. He may be past his sell by date, but he gives more for the shirt than anyone else in that excuse for a football team.

• Backroom

he gives more for the shirt than anyone else in that excuse for a football team.

Other than Givet that may be true, but it's hardly something to be proud of when you look at the sorry excuses for foorballers he plays with.

Other than Givet that may be true, but it's hardly something to be proud of when you look at the sorry excuses for foorballers he plays with.

...and Robbo?

Robbo's piled on the timber somewhat lately and is far from his best form.

Most of the players are unfit, we've shipped loads of late goals thats cost us dearly.

Big Sam was one for sport science as was Hughsey. Coco probably cant understand science, afterall he was just a bib and cone man before the Venkys rolled in.

• Backroom

Dunn doesn't give it enough IMO, often he jumps into tackles he's never going to win so it looks like he's making an effort but in reality it's the lazy option, ends up booked and puts the team in trouble.

I don't think he plays for the shirt anymore than the rest even if he is a Rover.

Dunn doesn't give it enough IMO, often he jumps into tackles he's never going to win so it looks like he's making an effort but in reality it's the lazy option, ends up booked and puts the team in trouble.

I don't think he plays for the shirt anymore than the rest even if he is a Rover.

Completely agree with this.

Dunn gets an easy ride because 'he's a Rover' but he has cost us points with his lack of fitness, poor positional play and failure to get back when he's given the ball away.

Slow, overweight and well past it. His weekly desperate lunge at an opposition player is both embarrassing and dangerous.

Yeah, Dunn the man who would give blood for the shirt and loves to go on binges locally and up in Edinburgh a few days before crucial matches.

Kean, when Sam was here, started giving Dunn coaching lessons to enable him to get his badges - since then, as we know, Dunn has a new contract along with coaching responsibilities which he will do more of next season.

Dunn never fit enough for me plus clearly is close with Kean because they are both chancers.

Robbo's piled on the timber somewhat lately and is far from his best form.

Robbo was excellent for the first half of last season. He was still very good towards the end of last season. Started this season with extra weight on, something which he had LOST during his last pre-season with Sam. He has been poor this season and Id say only 2-3 worse keepers than him in this league right now. Stats back this up. His main weakness is he dives/jumps a millisecond too late.

• Backroom

Robbo was excellent for the first half of last season. He was still very good towards the end of last season. Started this season with extra weight on, something which he had LOST during his last pre-season with Sam. He has been poor this season and Id say only 2-3 worse keepers than him in this league right now. Stats back this up. His main weakness is he dives/jumps a millisecond too late.

Aye, I was a big fan of his last season. This season has been very different. Although, playing for an awful manager and having the second worst defence in Europe in front of you probably doesn't help to motivate.

I'm guessing this is from today's Soccer AM, 'our best trainer' no longer plays - says it all doesn't it.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid826190965001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAAnV5Z0~,xyoxShbYDLGtIGLx8PLaSB_p70v9TgGQ&bctid=1622490021001

Wouldn't you just love to know when that was filmed because if it was any time since the beginning of

Jan, I would definitely say the Salgado comment was a dig at Steve Brent. Can anyone ask him?

Wouldn't you just love to know when that was filmed because if it was any time since the beginning of

Jan, I would definitely say the Salgado comment was a dig at Steve Brent. Can anyone ask him?

Dunn does mention Marcus Olsson, so it would have had to be filmed anytime post Jan transfer window, not sure but they might film them a couple of weeks before transmission

Dunn does mention Marcus Olsson, so it would have had to be filmed anytime post Jan transfer window, not sure but they might film them a couple of weeks before transmission

So can I just check that I'm coming to the correct conclusions... since Jan, Salgado's not been allowed to train with the main squad. Then some time since the last transfer window and possibly as recently as a few weeks ago, Dunny let's himself be filmed for a program that still has quite high viewing figures calling Salgado the 'best trainer in the club'. In fact, he elaborates quite a bit on this. Surely this is Dunny having a pop at his boss?

Archived