BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michel Salgado

arbitro

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a guy. The only one in a ocean of absolute madness and hostility, who seems to know and feel what we are going through and is prepared to speak out. When Kean goes, he needs a job.

With some of the support he's given us you'd think he'd been at the club all of his career, he has all the money and fame in the world from his Madrid days yet still takes the time to try and support the fans of a club that treated him like ######, I was a big fan before but the guy really is a great person.

It's s crying shame the way Salgado was pushed out by Kean,ok it took him a few months to find his legs under Sam's football ways,but was a joy to watch untill the imposter took over,whose non tactics left him totaly exposed.If and when the imposter does get sacked i hope Michel gets some kind of role at the rovers,a true legend.

Top guy and a true gentleman., thats all I can say about him. Had some weaknesses on the pitch with us (pace mainly) but in terms of passion, commitment, bottle, leadership and loyalty he was an absolute star considering the club he'd come from and the late stage of his career he was at.

Pace was his main weakness - however with his good range of passing and keen football brain I was always surprised they never tried him as a defensive central midfield player

Exactly the kind of man to oversee the football side of the club. Wont happen under Venky's though.

Indeed.

I think we were genuinely privileged to have had him at our club.

I think he'll do a fantastic job for whatever club he ends up at; he's articulate, passionate, genuinely in touch with fans' feelings, and will command respect from everyone around him. I love the quote from Steve McManaman: "a genuine psychopath, even in training"

What a legend. Loved him already but those tweets are great (they are genuinely his, right?. I'm not on Twitter so just wondering....)

Yeh definitely his, it's a verified account.

Will have to try and follow him to see if he gets any answers from people. People are far more likely to answer his questions than mine lol.

Edit: Just checked again and it's actually not verified but I'm sure he used to exchange tweets with Jason Roberts, Robbie Savage etc on there.

It would be a strange angle for a parody account to take anyway, a parody account would be much more likely to be slating the fans and or the owners etc, not being positive towards people lol.

I had Salgado put on the back of my last Rovers shirt. There are some players that just ooze class and he is one. I'd love to see him at the club in some coaching capacity in the future, just like Tugay. Legends both and I feel privileged to have seen them both play for the club I love.

His tweets:

Michel Salgado@TheRealSalgado

That was the only way to turn things around. New era for Blackburn and just looking forward to it

It will be amazing to see Rovers fans back against Wolves. You can never lose that historical atmosphere

I'll be there as soon as possible

Top man!

Salgado is the real deal.. I wish he would fall into a joint exp manager/new manager combo for Venkys when the dust has settled.. the guy has a brain, respect and plenty of brawn. Imo forget the likes of Sherwood and shearer.. the likes of Salgado, Brad, Nelsen and Tugay are the true rovers living legends.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Norbert

I wonder if that's a first step towards management or a director's role in Real Madrid. They often have ex-players as Sporting Directors or whatever.

Archived