BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michel Salgado

arbitro

Don't talk daft! The bloke has got a living to make. I don't see many people slagging of Nelsen or Roberts for the pro Venky's tripe they dished out. David Dunn may be dancing with the devil, but he put in more effort against Spurs than any other lame duck in our starting line up. It's the billy big boots performances from N'Zonzi, Olsson and Hoilett who'd I'd be more concerned about.

He can side with who he likes as far as i'm concerned. He may be past his sell by date, but he gives more for the shirt than anyone else in that excuse for a football team.

Me thinking that is one of the main reasons we are going down .....

He really shouldn't be playing(finished) but he is the only real footballer, we have on the books ...Doesn't say much for the rest though , does it ?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Dunn could have been an asset this season like he was under sam if played behind the striker, Kean keeps playing him cm where he is useless and has no effect. This is down to Kean bringing in poor players in an important role that needed filling in Petrovic. He also brought in THREE players for behind thhe striker role, Rochina, formica and Simon, 2 of which he repetedly playing in the wing and 1 just cant get a sniff.

We could have had back up to the cm role in lowe because since salgado was getting no cover in the right back position and didnt have the legs to do the stupid amount of running that was being asked of him, we needed cover....Anderson & Ribero.

So all in all Ive just explaind what we know Kean is and did Cock up.

I think Dunn could have been an asset this season like he was under sam if played behind the striker, Kean keeps playing him cm where he is useless and has no effect. This is down to Kean bringing in poor players in an important role that needed filling in Petrovic. He also brought in THREE players for behind thhe striker role, Rochina, formica and Simon, 2 of which he repetedly playing in the wing and 1 just cant get a sniff.

We could have had back up to the cm role in lowe because since salgado was getting no cover in the right back position and didnt have the legs to do the stupid amount of running that was being asked of him, we needed cover....Anderson & Ribero.

So all in all Ive just explaind what we know Kean is and did Cock up.

Actually agree with you for a change Burn, I have been ranting about it since last season.. personally reckon most of our players would of had better seasons under proper management, you only need look at the fact goodwillie has been played on the wing so often and four other players are played out of position on a regular basis.. Goodwillie alone simply beggers belief as he has none of the required skills to play out wide.

One thing I have noted though and this goes for most players who have played in the DM role, Kean gives them orders to push forward and move out of position from the usual DM type role (seen the same with Nzonzi, Lowe and even the game Dunn played the more defensive role) they all step forward. As such I am reserving judgement on Petrovic until we get a proper manager (well if we ever get one while he is still here).

You also didn't mention we already had jnr there for the behind the striker role, personally prefer him in that position than out wide (his crossing is pretty dang eratic at best).

• Backroom

I'm guessing this is from today's Soccer AM, 'our best trainer' no longer plays - says it all doesn't it.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid826190965001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAAnV5Z0~,xyoxShbYDLGtIGLx8PLaSB_p70v9TgGQ&bctid=1622490021001

Robbo for future manager is a good shout. The guy is always yelling at his defence (and rightly so, with our pathetic shower-o-######) for the smallest of defensive lapses. Robbo could be a good-un!

Actually agree with you for a change Burn, I have been ranting about it since last season.. personally reckon most of our players would of had better seasons under proper management, you only need look at the fact goodwillie has been played on the wing so often and four other players are played out of position on a regular basis.. Goodwillie alone simply beggers belief as he has none of the required skills to play out wide.

One thing I have noted though and this goes for most players who have played in the DM role, Kean gives them orders to push forward and move out of position from the usual DM type role (seen the same with Nzonzi, Lowe and even the game Dunn played the more defensive role) they all step forward. As such I am reserving judgement on Petrovic until we get a proper manager (well if we ever get one while he is still here).

You also didn't mention we already had jnr there for the behind the striker role, personally prefer him in that position than out wide (his crossing is pretty dang eratic at best).

Yeah I could have mentioned more but stopped myself im sick of asking myself the same questions about the club everyday, im still hoping this has just been a very long nightmare and monday I will wake up to Big Sam doing his one arm windmill celebration after salgado scores his second goal for the club against wigan that secures are european place :blink:

I agree with you about the dm, it would be nice if it was a tactic but the man just doesnt know what he is doing I have just read the article where he claims he will be here next season no matter of the divison we are in, sent shivers down my spine.

Yes Dunny's having a sly pop....he hates the manager

I think Kean lost the dressing room completly around the Cardiff game. Ive suspected most of the players would have been doing their upmost to find a new club if he was still here if we survived or not.

There is zero communication or interation between him and the players.

Yes Dunny's having a sly pop....he hates the manager

Hmm...wouldnt be so sure on that one.

They attend coaching sessions together, get along like best buddies up at Brockhall and would any manager (even one of Kean's inability) be playing the useless Dunn if it wasn't for friendships and buying loyalty?

Salgado not going to Ewood tonight - TheRealSalgado: I haven't been part of the club for the last 5 months and I won't be welcome in such a big night for the club

TheRealSalgado: I'm really flattered with the way you've treated me in just 2 years and a half playing for this club,forget about last 5 months as I was out

Have enjoyed 2 beautiful years and a half. Now at my 36 I have to say I'll never regret the decision I've done when Big Sam made that offer

He deserves a great amount of respect. He seems to care about the fans and is full of gratitude. Considering what he has done in the game, he comes across relatively humble and a decent bloke. We needed players like him and Nelsen at the club, maybe not for playing, but for their wisdom and experience. Still, couldn't have anyone who might actually command more respect than Coco.

He told me via Twitter that he would have brought Rochina on for creativity last night.

Make him our manager! He talks sense!

He'd be a good gamble as a coach I imagine. Though we've burnt our bridges.

He deserves a great amount of respect. He seems to care about the fans and is full of gratitude. Considering what he has done in the game, he comes across relatively humble and a decent bloke. We needed players like him and Nelsen at the club, maybe not for playing, but for their wisdom and experience.

Exactly.

He's an outstanding professional, a class act and comes across as a wonderful fella.

Dunn doesn't give it enough IMO, often he jumps into tackles he's never going to win so it looks like he's making an effort but in reality it's the lazy option, ends up booked and puts the team in trouble.

I don't think he plays for the shirt anymore than the rest even if he is a Rover.

To be fair I think the years and injuries have caught up with him, he's a few yards off the pace now.

• 4 weeks later...

We have had some amazing people at Rovers over the last decade, the likes of Nelsen, Savage, Friedel, Tugay and Salgado are all without a doubt names to remember not only for their heart on the pitch, the blue and white but all proper ambassadors to the game of football. Salgado for me is one of the most honest, intelligent, eloquent and down to earth individuals of the last few generations of footballers for me without a doubt he will become a brilliant coach/manager in the years to come.

We have had some amazing people at Rovers over the last decade, the likes of Nelsen, Savage, Friedel, Tugay and Salgado are all without a doubt names to remember not only for their heart on the pitch, the blue and white but all proper ambassadors to the game of football. Salgado for me is one of the most honest, intelligent, eloquent and down to earth individuals of the last few generations of footballers for me without a doubt he will become a brilliant coach/manager in the years to come.

Couldn't agree more. Amazing how he can stay so humble after all he has achieved in the game. I've met a good few Real Madrid fans in Spain over the years and they couldn't speak highly enough of him. One of the few great attacking full backs in recent memory who were equally capable at defending. A great player doesn't always constitute a great manager but his punditry skills demonstrate clearly his extensive knowledge of the game.

This is a quote from Steve McManaman about him - "He was constantly fighting, barging and moaning in training, which is unusual because our training was very laid-back. He really got into it because he wanted to succeed. A top lad." - I've heard a few times now that he was the best trainer at Blackburn. What a legend.

His legs might have gone a bit but a real manager would have protected him enough, and his reading of the game and tackling ability usually made up for his lack of pace. Also agree we should have tested him out under Kean in a defensive midfield role.

Archived