SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michel Salgado

arbitro

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Not long to go now till his contract's up. Wonder if he might be 'encouraged' to reveal a few tales from the inside - anyone on here know him and might see if he'd do an interview or maybe a podcast?

I think Glenn (Pegden) asked him on twitter, and he said he would do!

Couldn't agree more. Amazing how he can stay so humble after all he has achieved in the game. I've met a good few Real Madrid fans in Spain over the years and they couldn't speak highly enough of him. One of the few great attacking full backs in recent memory who were equally capable at defending. A great player doesn't always constitute a great manager but his punditry skills demonstrate clearly his extensive knowledge of the game.

This is a quote from Steve McManaman about him - "He was constantly fighting, barging and moaning in training, which is unusual because our training was very laid-back. He really got into it because he wanted to succeed. A top lad." - I've heard a few times now that he was the best trainer at Blackburn. What a legend.

His legs might have gone a bit but a real manager would have protected him enough, and his reading of the game and tackling ability usually made up for his lack of pace. Also agree we should have tested him out under Kean in a defensive midfield role.

Heard the same myself, my dream team management setup would be Salgado and Schuster, just get a feeling that sort of combination would be immense.

• Backroom

Michel has had some sharp words for Venky's on twitter this evening.

Trying to read news about Rovers for the next year but everything looks an even bigger mess
Liam Jones ‏@LiamJones94

@TheRealSalgado when are you goin to tell the fans about or situation Michel?

Michel Salgado ‏@TheRealSalgado

@LiamJones94 I must find out a lot of things

one month gone and they haven't even worked for the next season. Not even a reaction from the club
their lack of pride pisses me off. A historical club relegated and not even a proud reaction after one month
Since December I'm not a part of the club and even now I'm trying to find an explanation. I've never seen this in 19 years career

The way these cretins who are so called running the show at Rovers nowadays treat people is a total disgrace and the responsibility for this rests with the owners (whoever they may be)and continues down the chain to the lowest who despite his claims is Steve Kean.I am totally embarrassed by the way Michel Salgado,Ryan Nelson,Gael Givet and others have been treated but particularly Salgado who is a great ambassador for the sport and a proven champion.

The disgust I have for the so called owners and so called "Managers" of a club I have supported since I was 12 years old (I'm now 73)increases every day and I can only hope that all the suspicions we have of the dealings a Ewood will soon be shown publicly and proved to be true.

I can't wait for this bunch of rabble to get out of this club.

Jim

Hopefully Glenn can get Salgado to do a Podcast. What a credit Salgado has been since he signed for the club. Top player, top attitiude and now one of the few people who looks like he is prepared to break the wall of silence. Keith Andrews is actually one of the only others who has got stuck in to the new regime. Fair play to him!

I would love it if Salgado spilled a few beans on podcast,god these are desperate times for Rovers that we've been reduced to just pinning our hopes on the slightest chance of seeing justice done.

Being as Sky like their interviews with anybody remotely famous sport wise,would anybody be able to persuade Salgado to arrange an interview with sky (through his agent) so he can tell the world how poorly he's been treated? Just a thought.. :blink:

Being as Sky like their interviews with anybody remotely famous sport wise,would anybody be able to persuade Salgado to arrange an interview with sky (through his agent) so he can tell the world how poorly he's been treated? Just a thought.. :blink:

And who would pose the questions? Jim White?

I don't expect a media outlet like Sky, who courageously shamelessly promoted Jerome Anderson's version of events, to give us any airtime at all in support of the fans' views.

Bring on the podcast or get someone like Blackburn or Winters or Barclay to do a proper right up.

We need some big hitters like Salgado to create some momentum in favour of a league investigation. If we are destined to be the next Luton, let's get it over with, and preferably whilst they are still here. If we wait until after they are gone they can always blame the next regime. IIRC, didn't they try to besmirch the previous regime for "irregularities" not long after taking over? Or did I dream that?

• Backroom

And who would pose the questions? Jim White?

I don't expect a media outlet like Sky, who courageously shamelessly promoted Jerome Anderson's version of events, to give us any airtime at all in support of the fans' views.

Bring on the podcast or get someone like Blackburn or Winters or Barclay to do a proper right up.

We need some big hitters like Salgado to create some momentum in favour of a league investigation. If we are destined to be the next Luton, let's get it over with, and preferably whilst they are still here. If we wait until after they are gone they can always blame the next regime. IIRC, didn't they try to besmirch the previous regime for "irregularities" not long after taking over? Or did I dream that?

Couldn't agree more. Sky and SEM are very, very close. Where do you think the deadline day "drama" info comes from? Sky have no interest in airing anti-Kean/JA/Kentaro/SEM stories, so forget them.

IIRC, didn't they try to besmirch the previous regime for "irregularities" not long after taking over? Or did I dream that?

No you didn't dream it Stuart. Although I can't quite remember how it was "announced", not on Rovers.co.uk i'd wager, possibly from The Ministry of Misinformation - The Daily Mirror?

Even if he doesn't spill beans, Salgado is an absolute legend.

Michel Salgado is a real legend, true proffessional and a 100% player - a proper person with more respect in his little finger than Kean, Anderson, Venkys and Agnew combined will ever have!

• Backroom

Given that Salgado is a regular pundit (especially on SkySports coverage of spanish games), I'm surprised his viewpoint hasn't already been sought out by Sky.

Given that Salgado is a regular pundit (especially on SkySports coverage of spanish games), I'm surprised his viewpoint hasn't already been sought out by Sky.

Salgado's viewpoint would be contrary to the agreed upon narrative, so best to keep him covering the Spanish games and leaving it at that.

They'd rather do a special with Kean at the training ground, wearing his baseball cap like a div kid.

If he spoke out and got these people out of our club he would perhaps become a club legend. Would love to see some of the key players in our demise get life bans from the game and crippling fines.

Mate, they're all piissing in the same pot....take tonight on ITV Euro highlights...its obvious to everyone that hodgson has fecked it up with not taking Rio etc....none of the panelists...southgate, martinez and strachan would speak up. Never know when you'll need a Job.

Archived