BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michel Salgado

arbitro

Salgado has been appointed Director of Football for Dubai Sports City and has been speaking out about his time here under Venky's. The man's a legend and seems to genuinely care about us even after the despicable way he was treated!

http://www.sport360.com/football/crazy-venkys-salgado-blows-lid-blackburn-malaise

What a legend!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple words, well spoken, voicing everything that fans have known to be true over the past 2 years.

Shame that other players who have left cannot say the same without talking round the subject with mealy-mouthed platitudes.

For a foreigner who played virtually a handful of games for the club his loyalty and determination to get the fans voices heard has been somewhat overwhelming,

Especially for a player who plied his trade at arguably the biggest club in world football for 10 years still finds the time to bang the Rovers drum!

I salute you Michel, I wish you could have had the dignified exit you and your career deserved.

Hopefully see you back at Ewood in some capacity in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Legend.

Venkys have been upset by the continuing bad publicity they have received following a disappointing season on the field and a series of events off the field.

It is understood that they were concerned recently about severe criticism of Venkys by Michel Salgado in the press in Dubai, where the former Rovers defender was being unveiled as director of football at Dubai Sports Citys academy.

The poultry giants have business interests in the Middle East.

Legend indeed.

I wonder why Salgado is virtually on his own in coming out and criticising them. As a guess he's either the only one who refused to sign a disclosure agreement or the only one who is willing to put up with a possible stigma attached to in his future in football by publicly criticising his former employers.

Either way its obviously not an easy thing for him to be doing or else all, or at least most, of those bumped off by Venkys would be. He's a man of loyalty and principle, and as rog of the rovers says to a club who were basically a footnote in his career. If I ever meet him I'm buying him a drink, even if he has enough money on him to buy the bar. Good on the Darwen End for continuing to sing his name during matches.

Legend indeed.

I wonder why Salgado is virtually on his own in coming out and criticising them. As a guess he's either the only one who refused to sign a disclosure agreement or the only one who is willing to put up with a possible stigma attached to in his future in football by publicly criticising his former employers.

Either way its obviously not an easy thing for him to be doing or else all, or at least most, of those bumped off by Venkys would be. He's a man of loyalty and principle, and as rog of the rovers says to a club who were basically a footnote in his career. If I ever meet him I'm buying him a drink, even if he has enough money on him to buy the bar. Good on the Darwen End for continuing to sing his name during matches.

Fully agree, decent football man with decent principals and a love of the game and its true supporters. As you say credit to the Darwen lads and occasionally the BBE for remembering him.

Would be nice if other former players got a mention sometimes other than just Tugay. Scotty Sellars, Derek Faz, Garner, Shearer, Keeley, Nelsen, Friedal, Flowers, Atko, etc all gave their best for the club week in / week out.

Fully agree, decent football man with decent principals and a love of the game and its true supporters. As you say credit to the Darwen lads and occasionally the BBE for remembering him.

Would be nice if other former players got a mention sometimes other than just Tugay. Scotty Sellars, Derek Faz, Garner, Shearer, Keeley, Nelsen, Friedal, Flowers, Atko, etc all gave their best for the club week in / week out.

Yeah, to be honest on occasion there is a run through the legends, tends to only happen at away matches though. In the Beehive at Bolton away this season Shearer, Duff, Garner, Jansen etc all got a song.

Salgado is a true legend.

Most johnny foreigners would have forgotten about Rovers as soon as they left.

He seems to genuinely care about the club and the fans.

Hero.

this is true.. and what is amazing is that he was here for like what 1 or 2 years, and he is still trying desperately to fight in our corner and rid us of the plague that is Venkys and their goons. Well done Michel Salgado.. I cant say the same about Samba and Hoilett though

• Backroom

You can tell Salgado gained a deep affection for our club despite the short time he was here. If more footballers followed his example, there would be far less of a disconnect between the team and the fans.

Legend indeed.

I suspect its more because he actually cares

Salgado is in a unique position in comparison to everyone else who has been involved at the club during Venky's reign. He is above the people who's names have been mentioned in the goings on at Ewood. Salgado has been at the very very top of the game for donkies years, he's won everything, if he says it's a shambles none of the involved will be listened to as Salgado not only bought the T-shirt, he made it, designed it and modeled it. The others opinions and colleagues are no-bodies in comparison. When he talks people will listen and there's not a thing the others can do. No stigma will be attached to him it will be attached to them, he's walked into a multi million pound job even after crtitising them previously and openly.

The man was a footballing legend long before Rovers and thank duck he was!!!

Archived