BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michel Salgado

arbitro

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good player up until this season when his legs completely gave out and his ability could no longer compensate, leading to his reckless play.

Based on his wages and his age/deteriorating ability it's definitely time to move him on, however the problem is that there's nobody we have on the books to replace him with and I don't trust the current regime to replace him adequately based on their track record.

I would have loved to have kept him around for his leadership as a senior player, perhaps in a coaching role, and particularly with the current management team we have in place, however there's clearly no chance of that happening.

Best of luck to him, I imagine he'll go to the Middle East or that Russian/Ukrainian team that keeps snapping past heroes up.

• Backroom

I'm gutted for him in a way, imagine such a fantastic career coming to end in the relegation zone at Rovers being told he's not needed by Steve Kean.

Absolutely brilliant guy as well, went out of his way to help someone out when we were in Pune, it's funny some young lads seem to think they are Billy Big Time as soon as they get a contract and have a right attitude on them, then there's this guy who has won the champions league and countless trophies at Madrid and can't do enough to help people, one signing session at the shop in town he stayed around 4 hours, long after the others left and wouldn't leave till everyone who came had got an autograph.

All the best Michel!

I'm gutted for him in a way, imagine such a fantastic career coming to end in the relegation zone at Rovers being told he's not needed by Steve Kean.

Absolutely brilliant guy as well, went out of his way to help someone out when we were in Pune, it's funny some young lads seem to think they are Billy Big Time as soon as they get a contract and have a right attitude on them, then there's this guy who has won the champions league and countless trophies at Madrid and can't do enough to help people, one signing session at the shop in town he stayed around 4 hours, long after the others left and wouldn't leave till everyone who came had got an autograph.

All the best Michel!

I'm not faulting his attitude but his ability as a Premier League fullback. In my opinion he hasn't been a good signing, he took too long to find his feet and now it's over. He may be a great bloke I don't know, I'm not looking for a son-in-law. We would of been better off signing a younger, cheaper English player. I remember remarking at the time that there was a good young right back at Sheffield United, I'd seen him play against the Dingles in the play-off final, best player on the pitch for me. The same player is on the verge of the England team now.

For the last time:

He is too old!!!

Maybe too old to play week in week out in the prem league but not too old to take over as manager from the nutter we have! He has done it at all levels and can attract good players. He has the intelegenge the ability to make a very good YOUNG manager. We are dead this year, Venky's have left it too late; so we may as well build!

Bet Kentuky fried chicken arn't shaking in their shoes?

• Backroom

I'm not faulting his attitude but his ability as a Premier League fullback. In my opinion he hasn't been a good signing, he took too long to find his feet and now it's over. He may be a great bloke I don't know, I'm not looking for a son-in-law. We would of been better off signing a younger, cheaper English player. I remember remarking at the time that there was a good young right back at Sheffield United, I'd seen him play against the Dingles in the play-off final, best player on the pitch for me. The same player is on the verge of the England team now.

Oh I'm not doubting he is past it now I should have added that.

Just sad for him its ended this way, in the same way I didn't like Tugay not going out on his own terms.

• Backroom

Top fella is Salgado, you have to wonder whether Kean's training methods have caused him to slow down so dramatically. It's imperative for a player of his age to be in the right training regime - Allardyce would have known exactly what Salgado needed, but Kean? I doubt it.

Disappointing for Salgado's spell with us to end this way.

i thought salgado was lagging behind even when big sam was in charge. Telling him that he is not in the future plans for this club should be a no brainer but in our situation we have no other player in that position so its actually a horrible idea telling him that he is not wanted at this moment.

Feel sorry for the guy, getting the boot in January. I thought he'd someone we could have kept at the club, possibly in a coaching capacity, to help the likes of Ramm, Henley etc in their development.

Wish him all the best for whatever he does next.

Why? Who? Spill it....

Kean of course, the treatment of Salgado irrespective of his legs have gone (which is crap) is disgusting, cos looking at the rest of the team all of em can't run and that's down to the pathetic training. so stop the scapegoat crap, Kean cant train a fooking hamster to run never mind a football team. Is Kean going to give Dunn the heave ho cos he can't run either, could mention a few others but its not the point, get rid of Anderson, riberio and some of the other jokers he brought in and we can pay the man, Utter tosh.

This isnt for footballing reasons, just a hunch. Based on the display on Saturday every single one of our players lehs have gone poor pre season along with tactics that state must run round like headless chickens

• Backroom

It wasn't so long ago that Kean was bemoaning not having Salgado available because of injury...

Oh don't worry come February when Kean is still here and we don't sign a right back he'll mention that we lost Salgado

The real Salgado story is coming out tonight.

He's not injured at all. SSN is reporting that he's very unhappy at Rovers because he's been left out of tomorrow's squad due to a contract clause (in other words they have to pay him extra or give him another contract if he makes any more appearances).

He says: "The owners and the manager are not letting me help Rovers to stay in the league. I am fit to play but I have been given five days off instead."

What a frigging mess, but let's hope he has the balls to come out and tell a few home truths. It's not like he's got anything to lose...

He's not injured at all. SSN is reporting that he's very unhappy at Rovers because he's been left out of tomorrow's squad due to a contract clause (in other words they have to pay him extra or give him another contract if he makes any more appearances).

He says: "The owners and the manager are not letting me help Rovers to stay in the league. I am fit to play but I have been given five days off instead."

What a frigging mess, but let's hope he has the balls to come out and tell a few home truths. It's not like he's got anything to lose...

Salgado really doesnt deserve that kind of poor treatment. Lets hope, as you say, that this will finally be a player who comes out and says a few things about how the players REALLY feel about Steve Kean, like you say it doesnt really seem like he's got anything to lose!

If that's true then it's the biggest insult to a footballing legend ever.

Those who expect decent signings in January need to wake up, the owners clearly haven't enough money or aren't willing to spend it.

'Leasing' players spring to mind. Asset Stripping sounds more and more likely.

Archived