BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bolton

Steve Kean: 'Very positive 2nd half'; 'injuries taking toll' 'fans can see the lads putting everything on line' 'we'll pick ourselves up'

Steve Kean: "no board meeting due. Owners know position with injuries and we'll all stick together"

Paul Plunkett's Twitter.

(Please don't use that word again) you Steve Kean. (Please don't use that word again) You.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn manager Steve Kean: "We've had some great chances and a decent shout for a penalty so I was happy with our second-half performance. But we gave ourselves a mountain to climb as we didn't start the game properly. All our defenders are out injured but we just have to play through it. The fans come and expect us to get at Bolton and we didn't. But I think they saw a response in the second half. It's not nice to lose any game, irrespective of what the fans are singing. We're feeling it but we've got a good group here and we'll get a side together. Of course I will continue. We'll be positive and climb the table. There is no board meeting due, I spoke to the owners before the game and I am sure we will all stick together."

From BBC.

Fan ###### tastic.

If Kean is not sacked tonight or tomorrow, then it can only mean that there is something very sinister going on. So disappointing that the pundits are all sticking up for Kean.

RIP Rovers. My club is on life support. We either need a miracle or someone to switch off the machine.

Tried to join the protests outside the players entrance but was told by the stewards that head of security had informed to let no one else in. What a joke our club is, this man is seriously risking his health staying in this job. My dad didn't attend tonight in fear of himself viciously attacking Kean and I wouldn't blame him if he did.

IF KEAN IS NOT SACKED TOMORROW I AM PROTESTING AT TRAINING GROUND IF ANY ONE WANTS TO JOIN ME. 3 PLACES LEFT.

Tried to join the protests outside the players entrance but was told by the stewards that head of security had informed to let no one else in. What a joke our club is, this man is seriously risking his health staying in this job. My dad didn't attend tonight in fear of himself viciously attacking Kean and I wouldn't blame him if he did.

IF KEAN IS NOT SACKED TOMORROW I AM PROTESTING AT TRAINING GROUND IF ANY ONE WANTS TO JOIN ME. 3 PLACES LEFT.

I thought Big Sam was good on Sky tonight. No bitterness, proper bloke. If only....

The reason BFS was so quiet is due to the compromise agreement he signed when he was sacked. Its the same reasom why we have not heard anything from John Williams or Tom Finn.

Rover23 Rover23

Time for me to go. Protests getting out of hand.

Good!!! its about time things stepped right up! do you think its correct for rich people (kea, venkys) to think there above others (us supporters) by ignoring the people that put those pound coins in there wallets!? I think its time we stepped up opened there door and MAKE listen!

LT

Andy said on Twitter that Kean says he is 100% sure he will be in charge at the weekend but Andy thinks Differently, read some very strange tweets tonight from people saying they wont use there own money to sack him and Kamy says he wont be sacked yet while others are sure he will.

Gutfeeling says he wont get sacked.

Only explanation that makes sense to me if Kean is not sacked is that Venkys have looked at Rovers afresh and decided that their investment is already lost and there is no point in thowing good money after bad. The plan will be to let the club wither and go bankrupt or be rescued by a buyer. No sacking, no more sigings, no input of money of any sort, the intiation of a steady sale of players to try and recoup the 35 million they intially spent on the club.

As it stands they have made an 8m profit over the summer with the jones transfer. If they can get 10m for Samba, 6m for Hoilett then that means they could get out with a 10m-ish loss if they sold the club for nothing. That would explain why they want to hold on, so they can access the money from player sales before leaving.

The one chink of light is if Venkys are willing to cut and run once they have recouped then a fan takeover could be possible next summer. If we manage to divest some of the other high earners - Robinson, Dann, Givet, Yakubu, Pedersen, Dunn, then we could be self sustaining in the Championship next year with the parachute payments. We hopefully have enough good young players to make us competitive when we drop down.

A question - is there any legal procedure whch the supporters could use to stop Venky's taking money out out of the club in this manner?

edit - just read the LT article and if it is true Pini has been engaged then that is encouraging as surely that is to find a manager.

Only explanation that makes sense to me if Kean is not sacked is that Venkys have looked at Rovers afresh and decided that their investment is already lost and there is no point in thowing good money after bad. The plan will be to let the club wither and go bankrupt or be rescued by a buyer. No sacking, no more sigings, no input of money of any sort, the intiation of a steady sale of players to try and recoup the 35 million they intially spent on the club.

As it stands they have made an 8m profit over the summer with the jones transfer. If they can get 10m for Samba, 6m for Hoilett then that means they could get out with a 10m-ish loss if they sold the club for nothing. That would explain why they want to hold on, so they can access the money from player sales before leaving.

The one chink of light is if Venkys are willing to cut and run once they have recouped then a fan takeover could be possible next summer. If we manage to divest some of the other high earners - Robinson, Dann, Givet, Yakubu, Pedersen, Dunn, then we could be self sustaining in the Championship next year with the parachute payments. We hopefully have enough good young players to make us competitive when we drop down.

A question - is there any legal procedure whch the supporters could use to stop Venky's taking money out out of the club in this manner?

edit - just read the LT article and if it is true Pini has been engaged then that is encouraging as surely that is to find a manager.

As one who's been too depressed by the way the last month's panned out to visit this board [or use my season ticket], I'm not sure what you mean by this, jbn.

A fans' takeover? Which of us, individually or even collectively, has enough funds, even with the Parachute payments, to keep the club going even in Division 2-really.

And, even if it were a realistic prospect for a fans' consortium to run the club, do you honestly think the Venky's would let go of the purse-strings until the first tranche of the parachute payments had come in? I certainly don't.

I fear the club is going to be as comprehensively stuffed as most turkeys will be in the next few days.

if your the guy who helped me to the pavement when i collapsed in the middle of the road after the game, THANKS!!!

i stepped into a hole and my kneed gave way, i was in shock for a bit after!!

if your the guy who helped me to the pavement when i collapsed in the middle of the road after the game, THANKS!!!

i stepped into a hole and my knees gave way, i was in shock for a bit after!!

As one who's been too depressed by the way the last month's panned out to visit this board [or use my season ticket], I'm not sure what you mean by this, jbn.

A fans' takeover? Which of us, individually or even collectively, has enough funds, even with the Parachute payments, to keep the club going even in Division 2-really.

And, even if it were a realistic prospect for a fans' consortium to run the club, do you honestly think the Venky's would let go of the purse-strings until the first tranche of the parachute payments had come in? I certainly don't.

I fear the club is going to be as comprehensively stuffed as most turkeys will be in the next few days.

What about applying the 51% concept like in Germany and Spain? The remaing shares could be sold to whom ever might be so inclined to invest.

I only meant if Venkys were willing to sell the club for a minimised sum then it opens the doors to either a consortium of fans or an individual moderately wealthy fans to take over. A fatal barrier to interested parties is the 30m asking price. If Venkys accept they are out of their depth (they must have realised that by now...?) then it could be a option.

Just - in good old Keano fashion - trying to take the positives....

Well that performance, the first half at least, proves the players have given up as well.

Utterly utterly pathetic (as expected).

Almost an invasion as stewards tried to take banners off fans in the DE after the second goal. They soon gave up when it was kicking off. TAKE NOTE. Banners are now OK (I suggest: Cluck off Venky you ignorant tw%ts).

Bolton were poor in the second but were still a division better than us. They will go down too but with a lot more points than we will have.

So I moved into the JW lower after 89 mins to commend Kean on his management and ask some gold/Myles/Bruno/Emerton related questions. Was joined by 30-40 others. He was getting absolutely no support or back up from the bench and no-one in the dug-out looked him in the eye at the whistle. Even the stewards and police were just happy as long as no-one tw%tted him. I thought by 40+ years I had heard all the insults there are, but learned a few new ones at the end tonight.

Then on to the kerfuffle outside the JW. Were was everyone? There were 300-400 rowdy rebels but everyone else scuttled off. The lad who spat on the Sky cameraman (you know who you are) please don't come to Ewood again. The guy was doing a job and giving us the exposure we want. Only Kean and Mrs Venky deserve that treatment (or worse).

Then I saw it take 2 police vans, a dog van with dogs, around 15 police and 12 stewards just to get Kean away from Ewood. Methinks that tells you all you need to know.

If the Indian scum ever come to Ewood (they won't) even the SAS won't save 'em, (and I don't mean Alan and Chris).

Forza Administraion.

Archived