BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bolton

Couldn't post till this morning, was too angry last night. That has now been replaced by a complete feeling of detachment.

Absolute shambles of a performance (though Yak's finish was superb - THAT is how to finish 1-1 Roberts)

Couldn't give a monkeys if the press are sorry/supportive of Kean - It's not their club - They've never liked us anyway. We are Rovers, no one likes us we don't care.

Even Hughes can't save us now, though I don't for a minute expect Kean to go today. Fizzy pop here we come. Let's hope it's a venkys free zone by next September.

At least there will be some cracking local games next year - Hope PNE get back up.

Merry Christmas :xmas:

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With sincere apologies to the Times newspaper and the Ashes Urn.

"In affectionate remembrance of Blackburn Rovers which died at Ewood Park on 20th December 2011. Deeply lamented by a large circle of sorrowing friends and acquaintances. RIP. NB. The body will be cremated and the ashes taken to Hartlepool, MK Dons and Scunthorpe".

Guest Rovers4Good

That has got to be one of the worst performances by Rovers that i've ever seen and we lack passion, fight, fitness but most of all we lack guidance and that speaks volumes.

We are a sinking ship and the manager has to go today!!!!!!!!!

After going to the Rovers since Ronnie Clayton played with his brother Ken in mid-field, this is as bad a season as 61 after the Cup Final debacle: 66 after the big Relegation; and 70/71 after the descent to the old 3rd Division. In Jack's days we still had hope,determination and commitment.

Now we only have a void. I and many others were wrong on Venky's and the modernising of the Club to be an International player.

We are left with detritus strewn around our feet...and no signs of any progress. "CHAMPIONSHIP rather than CHAMPIONS LEAGUE" should be the Banner across the front of the Riverside in disgust and shame.

The match was futile,worthless,just a symbol of how far we have disintegrated and now lost all integrity.

As a humble supporter we now need to unite and not divide.The season is totally lost....and you feel that February to May will be as weak-kneed and humiliating as last night's first half performance.

We must assume the worst....Venkys will not sack Kean and we will need to revolt against their Investment and start again next season.

We are a very proud Town Team who have always 'punched' well above our weight. And we will always do that....we true and loyal supporters are the soul of the Club and everything else is just a passing moment. Keep the Faith please.

I'm as gutted as anyone about yesterday but is anyone actually surprised. With clueless owners running the club like a circus and a terrible manager, you are going to get relegated. Look at Newcastle when they got relegated. That team was good enough to stay up but Ashley turned it into a circus.

Our efforts need to be channeled into making sure off the field issues are sorted by the time next season comes so that we can get promoted at the first attempt. This has to start with a new manager and then build from there.

Where do you start?

After Saturday's game it was obvious Kean was going to suffer from abuse from the fans and it didn't take long, the match hadnt even started and I could hear it echoing around the ground.

We were slow to get started, in the first half we were second to the majority of balls. Dunn looks past it, at times Nzonzi doesn't look interested. I'm not all that convinced with Formica and Simon. Formica seemed to be playing too deep. Hoillett looks as if he's just biding his time before the offers for him come in January all be it nice bit of skill for Yakubu's goal.

Defensively we are terrible. Not kept a clean sheet all season, so how do you expect to give ourselves a chance of winning? Lowe and Pedersen are out of place, Petrov had a field day and put some decent balls into the middle, if that had been a better attacking force we probably would have been battered.

Bolton's first goal i believe every Blackburn player apart from two were in the penalty area yet still we failed to clear it. The second wasn't much better. I'll keep off the anti-Kean, protests and demonstrations etc for the other topics.

Not good enough, not just this game but the last twelve months and that's what the majority of the public are forgetting. As for Coyle, his record isn't much better than Kean's. Coyle is a fairly honest bloke, Kean isn't.

We are bottom of the league because we deserve to be, the truth might hurt but thats the way it is. Rock bottom and only West Brom have performed the great escape,

Arte Et Labore

Jerome Anderson is in my opinion the main culprit here! He has lined his pockets at the expense of a small mill town football club that the national media has no time for!

How on earth had Venkys heard of Steve Kean? They hadn't! How could SK turn down the job? He couldn't!

Out agents fees have quadrupled, we have signed his son (never makes the bench), we have signed some lad from Brazil who cannot make the bench - we are helping JM become even richer!!

The game last night was awful! The atmosphere was awful! The feeling of death was prevelant around the stadium!

To finish me off Kean came out and said he is very positive we will get out of it!! I think he needs sectioning under the mental health act!

Jerome Anderson is in my opinion the main culprit here! He has lined his pockets at the expense of a small mill town football club that the national media has no time for!

How on earth had Venkys heard of Steve Kean? They hadn't! How could SK turn down the job? He couldn't!

Out agents fees have quadrupled, we have signed his son (never makes the bench), we have signed some lad from Brazil who cannot make the bench - we are helping JM become even richer!!

The game last night was awful! The atmosphere was awful! The feeling of death was prevelant around the stadium!

To finish me off Kean came out and said he is very positive we will get out of it!! I think he needs sectioning under the mental health act!

As a humble supporter we now need to unite and not divide.The season is totally lost....and you feel that February to May will be as weak-kneed and humiliating as last night's first half performance.

We must assume the worst....Venkys will not sack Kean and we will need to revolt against their Investment and start again next season.

We are a very proud Town Team who have always 'punched' well above our weight. And we will always do that....we true and loyal supporters are the soul of the Club and everything else is just a passing moment. Keep the Faith please.

fantastic post, mhead.

IMO this is the poorest (premier league squad) rovers have ever had.

i thought 98-99 was the worst squad.. but actually this current lot is far inferior.

no leaders.. no tacklers.. lightweight players (in both heart and strength).

things look worse than bleak. im devastated.

The stewards trying to take that banner in the DE nearly sparked a serious incident. Sure, there were the usual chants and a banner was unfurled, but we just went 2-0 down to the bottom club in the league, what did they expect?

When they pulled at the banner, full marks to those that passed it backwards but the stewards' intervention was poorly timed and many kicked off, rushing down the front. The last thing we need is for rioting to break out on live TV, and I honestly think we were a whisker away from that happening.

I left at half time, won't be rushing back.

When the steward grabbed at me and my banner, I've never heard Rovers fans react like that In my time as a supporter. Like you say, It almost started a riot and just shows how badly the club is run at the moment. I'd like to that all the Rovers fans who rushed over to back me up... It's much appreciated.

When the steward grabbed at me and my banner, I've never heard Rovers fans react like that In my time as a supporter. Like you say, It almost started a riot and just shows how badly the club is run at the moment. I'd like to that all the Rovers fans who rushed over to back me up... It's much appreciated.

Well done for standing your ground mate. I saw the incident unfold, that steward nearly caused a riot and I've been told that the police had specifically told stewards not to try anything like that as it would cause trouble. From my seat that steward didn't look to be one of the Rovers stewards with a floors2go coat on it. Was he from notlob?

Anyways its was good to see everyone unite and stand their ground and pass that banner back.

Totally Spot on Vintage.

I'm certain all of us can deal with relegation no problem been there before.But we cannot deal with the GROTESQUE manner in which we are being relegated......Greedy opportunists with their snouts in the money trough with no genuine concern for the club.

Jerome Anderson.

Myles Anderson.

Steve Kean.

Jason Roberts.

The vast majority of the national media pandering to the above ###### because it would be in their interest to do so.

It's only little Blackburn after all no one will notice,they shouldn't be in the Premiership.

Steve Kean will still be dining in Piccolinos next week,Myles Anderson will still be turning up at Brockhall in his helicopter with Jason Roberts sat by the side........and Jerome Andersons phone will be ringing in Steve Keans pocket 24/7...........GROTESQUE.

Because we were doing brilliant before the injuries weren't we :rolleyes:

Were there any demonstrations last night? All I could hear last night on Radio 5 were the Bolton fans! Did the JW Upper wake up (the biggest test of all!)?

This a joke? There's never been anything like it. It was one step away from pure anarchy last night.

Because we were doing brilliant before the injuries weren't we :rolleyes:

This a joke? There's never been anything like it. It was one step away from pure anarchy last night.

Sorry Booth, I was listening last night and the Rovers fans were muted compared to the Bolton fans.....I shall put this down to the positioning of the mics.

I was also unable to follow the whole of this thread as I could only manage a quick look whilst on rout to west Cumbria this morning.

I'm here in peace.

A poor game from 2 sides that looked bereft of any confidence - honestly looked more like League 1 than Premier League at times.

You've got Coyle telling you Keans a good manager when his own record isn't all that (lest we forget big Sam had Bolton regularly between 10th and 7th) and football fans from around the country, who know nothing, abusing Blackburn fans - the same fans whose passion was the only emotion on display from anybody in Blue and White last night. I'd love to see how they would react after 12 months of complete mismanagement of their clubs. Coyle then comes out with further carp about 'PL classic' and 'what you would expect from the best league in the world' (I'm assuming he hasn't seen the Bundesliga etc). It was awful with very little quality on show (except for your goal - I expect Hoilett will be gone by the second week in January)

Sure I've had a giggle at your expense, you have to, but, if I separate my club allegiance from my love of the game, then what has happened to your club is criminal and, assuming you get relegated, promotion won't be a walk in the park.

Up to last night I honestly thought you had the quality that would ultimately see you just outside the bottom 3. Now I just can't see you having a cat in hells chance.

I'm here in peace.

A poor game from 2 sides that looked bereft of any confidence - honestly looked more like League 1 than Premier League at times.

You've got Coyle telling you Keans a good manager when his own record isn't all that (lest we forget big Sam had Bolton regularly between 10th and 7th) and football fans from around the country, who know nothing, abusing Blackburn fans - the same fans whose passion was the only emotion on display from anybody in Blue and White last night. I'd love to see how they would react after 12 months of complete mismanagement of their clubs. Coyle then comes out with further carp about 'PL classic' and 'what you would expect from the best league in the world' (I'm assuming he hasn't seen the Bundesliga etc). It was awful with very little quality on show (except for your goal - I expect Hoilett will be gone by the second week in January)

Sure I've had a giggle at your expense, you have to, but, if I separate my club allegiance from my love of the game, then what has happened to your club is criminal and, assuming you get relegated, promotion won't be a walk in the park.

Up to last night I honestly thought you had the quality that would ultimately see you just outside the bottom 3. Now I just can't see you having a cat in hells chance.

+1 to you Longsider.

I'm here in peace.

You sumed it up well Longsiders, even the reference to the "giggle" did not wind me up. see you boys next season then :(

I'm here in peace.

Good summing up .........

I missed the first half as I was at KGH for a prize giving night. Its the first absence I have had at ewood in the past 2 years. I thought it was going bad when a couple of mobiles went off in the audience at 8.15 and the look of anguish on one of the recipients face. As the event finished and I passed the times pub I caught the second goal. I had doubts about going for the second half but went anyway and must have passed 40-50 people leaving the ground early. The protests after the match from all sides of the ground were the most vocal and widespread i have seen within ewood and I have been going since the the mid sixties.

Great goal by the yak but if we are second best to the basement club and a probable fire sale in January we will be lucky to end the season with 30 points.

Archived