BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anti-Protest Thread

Until the protests are directed at Mrs D. I would be surprised if venkys do anything.

I cannot understand why the pune9 are getting slated. Only they know the circumstances they were in whilst over there. But it is clearly evident that they were not permitted to see or speak to Mrs D.

Yet she is the one who pulls the strings.

She is the one who HID HERSELF FROM SUPPORTERS IN PUNE.

Just like not so bright spark , stirs the fans up and hides like a coward!!!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny you should ask ... one of the 'yellow-bellies' turned-up in the seat in front on Saturday ... needless to say he didn't come back for the second half.

lol, this sounds all to familiar especially that yellow bellies comment, were you the fella that had a arguement coming out the Riverside after the Swansea match?

Until the protests are directed at Mrs D. I would be surprised if venkys do anything.

I cannot understand why the pune9 are getting slated. Only they know the circumstances they were in whilst over there. But it is clearly evident that they were not permitted to see or speak to Mrs D.

Yet she is the one who pulls the strings.

She is the one who HID HERSELF FROM SUPPORTERS IN PUNE.

Pune 9 are not getting slated--just one.

• Backroom

I cannot understand why the pune9 are getting slated. Only they know the circumstances they were in whilst over there.

In fairness that may have been part of the problem, looking back we should maybe have done things differently on return.

I maintain that whilst we were there we did everything right but as Ste B said we should have sat down with an Andy Cryer or Bayes or similar when we got back.

Anyway that is pretty irellevent to the point at hand, Spark was the same in his thoughts pre Pune.

Edit: as 47er said this hadn't turned into a Pune 9 bashing just a criticism of the points made in the thread and the tone of them

Bob's got it right-----doing the same thing over and over again, like supporting Kean and Venkys and expecting things to get better is a pretty good definition of insanity.

Loved the bit about the team coach at Wigan------someone hurled abuse at Kean and it so put off the team that they were crap!

We're crap every week---that's why we're next to bottom and most likely bottom in a matter of hours.

Of all the fans to send to Pune to impress Venkys, to think someone chose this moron.

Please sit near Abbey.

Pots and kettles..to think you're now the arbiter of what makes a moron is actually quite frightening. A moron because he doesn't agree with you..do me a favour.

For me it's quite simple (and I start from the belief that Kean has to go before anyone suggests otherwise.)

Essentially..what's more important tonight 3 points for us or bashing Kean during the game. Ask yourself that question and then do what you have to do.

I'll be praying for the 3 points..

• Backroom

Essentially..what's more important tonight 3 points for us or bashing Kean during the game. Ask yourself that question and then do what you have to do.

I genuinely don't know anymore

He's a 'moron' because of his attitude, not his opinions- this thread was started just to wind folk up before a big game.

I think people on here are already wound up tighter than a spring don't you Matty?

Essentially his point was about getting behind the team tonight wasn't it or did I mis-read his original post?

I genuinely don't know anymore

It's a real conundrum isn't it Tom.

The ideal scenario for me is to get the 3 points then dump him and get someone new in. The new fella can then start without any great epectations considering we've got Manure & Liverpool next. Anything from those two will be well and truly a bonus.

You're falling into the trap Yeti.

No he isn't he just wants his team to win.

Tonight.it is essential Rovers get 3pts. I believe Kean is gone - no matter the result tonight. I suggest any new manager needs s fighting chance when they replace Kean. A win tonight keeps.us in touch.

Anybody on here who wants Rovers to lose tonight. Must be a dingle pretending to be a rover. After all, that is what they want as well.

Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein 

THAT WASN'T THE ONLY THING HE GOT WRONG WAS IT?

I have deliberately avoided this forum for the last couple of months, but felt I needed to express the following opinion. 

NOT FOR LONG ENOUGH!

Tonight.it is essential Rovers get 3pts. I believe Kean is gone - no matter the result tonight. I suggest any new manager needs s fighting chance when they replace Kean. A win tonight keeps.us in touch.

Anybody on here who wants Rovers to lose tonight. Must be a dingle pretending to be a rover. After all, that is what they want as well.

No, the Dingles want Rovers to win tonight, last thing they want is Kean sacked before he has finished the job.

In fairness that may have been part of the problem, looking back we should maybe have done things differently on return.

I maintain that whilst we were there we did everything right but as Ste B said we should have sat down with an Andy Cryer or Bayes or similar when we got back.

Anyway that is pretty irellevent to the point at hand, Spark was the same in his thoughts pre Pune.

Edit: as 47er said this hadn't turned into a Pune 9 bashing just a criticism of the points made in the thread and the tone of them

Never too late Tom. Are there really any bridges to burn?

You think Kean is gone whatever the result, but what if a win gives Kean the opportunity to manipulate the owners into giving him more time? He is the direct link to the owners not the so called executives at Ewood, they make decisions based on what he tells them.

The way I see it is a defeat is more likely to see him sacked than a win. Rovers lose tonight and Kean goes then Rovers might survive. If Rovers win tonight Kean gets the owners to back him for another 3-4 games and Rovers are going down. It has been clearly proven that he can’t put a decent run of results together so you can rule any possibility that a victory tonight will start a turn around in form.

On the thread itself if Ewood Spark wants to back Rovers entirely and yes that includes the manager then go ahead. I think he’s clearly misguided but he’s entitled to his viewpoint.

He's falling into the same trap as you Pafell. There is no link between protests and results.

Spot on Den.

to get rid of Kean, we have to get rid of Venky's.

to get rid of Venky's, I believe only relegation will suffice.

Is relegation a price worth paying? I believe so, as we will get relegated under these people eventually, might as well go down now and get it over with.

They are stubborn, stupid, lying, unwilling to change, suspect, arrogant, impulsive, clumsy, paralysed by the unknown, uncaring and lack the resources to support this club properly.

The only problem is, who will come after them?

But all this is a moot point anyway, we're going down, it's virtually nailed-on to be this season. Clearly the owners do not listen to the protests and are happy to fiddle while Ewood burns.

As I say, they're bad for this club, and relegation is the very bitter pill we have to swallow to be free of them.

Rovers win tonight, he will NOT get sacked. He'll get the Liverpool and Man U away games, which we'll lose but he'll spin as "we weren't expecting to get anything there anyway". Then we're into January, and he'll tell the owners he can turn it round with his new signings and that there's no point changing manager during a transfer window - which they'll believe. Then it's February and we'll likely be a couple of weeks from being down mathematically.

Or ..... we lose tonight, Kean's position is indefensible and he gets sacked. New manager gets plenty time, and a transfer window to sort things out.

And you think "Anybody on here who wants Rovers to lose tonight. Must be a dingle pretending to be a rover." ??!!??! Yeah, cos that'll be why Steve Kean is pretty close to getting the Freedom Of Burnley. The mind boggles that some of our "fans" are so short sighted. Incredible.

You think Kean is gone whatever the result, but what if a win gives Kean the opportunity to manipulate the owners into giving him more time? He is the direct link to the owners not the so called executives at Ewood, they make decisions based on what he tells them.

The way I see it is a defeat is more likely to see him sacked than a win. Rovers lose tonight and Kean goes then Rovers might survive. If Rovers win tonight Kean gets the owners to back him for another 3-4 games and Rovers are going down. It has been clearly proven that he can’t put a decent run of results together so you can rule any possibility that a victory tonight will start a turn around in form.

On the thread itself if Ewood Spark wants to back Rovers entirely and yes that includes the manager then go ahead. I think he’s clearly misguided but he’s entitled to his viewpoint.

Spot on Den.

So you all be happy to throw away 3pts and a win over bolton, just to get rid of kean. If people are happy with that, I suggest you go and support another tteam

If Rovers win tonight and it keeps kean in his job. We take.the win and the.points with relief. Then move on to the next match. The points are more important at then who sits in the managers chair.

I want both.venkys.and kean.out. But I want 3pts morr than that.

Wow ... chinese whispers at their best. I mentioned that I (and others around me) caused a protester to move and its made to sound like some armed struggle or shouting match. Perhaps I should have made it clearer in my third post .... he was made to feel uncomfortable because he was on his own when he tried to instigate his negative tirade ... we drowned him out with support for the TEAM.

Reading through the replies just now I see that 47'er and Abbey still share the same wit ... by that I don't mean that they have the same comedic outlook on events ... no ... they appear to literally share a wit, as in have half each.

Anyway ... I've made my point even though some have tried to twist it into something it's not. Thanks to PAFELL for 'getting the point'. For those who think that the atmosphere has no affect on the players ... you are just plain wrong.

I'll sum up what I was trying to say in one bullet point with the hope it cannot be mis-represented.

PROTESTING DURING THE GAME HELPS THE OPPOSITION.

See you all in another couple of months.

So you all be happy to throw away 3pts and a win over bolton, just to get rid of kean. If people are happy with that, I suggest you go and support another tteam

If Rovers win tonight and it keeps kean in his job. We take.the win and the.points with relief. Then move on to the next match. The points are more important at then who sits in the managers chair.

I want both.venkys.and kean.out. But I want 3pts morr than that.

I'd rather support a Rovers that sacrifice tonight, sack Kean and as a result have a better chance of staying in the Premier League - as would most people with any sense.

If you'd rather sit in your happy little bubble, 3 points in hand, and then stumble on to the next match with the same hopeless incompetent as manager who is GUARANTEED TO TAKE US DOWN then I fear you're truly beyond help.

Un-f*****g-believable that a fellow human being can be so downright numb and shortsighted. :wacko:

Wow ... chinese whispers at their best. I mentioned that I (and others around me) caused a protester to move and its made to sound like some armed struggle or shouting match. Perhaps I should have made it clearer in my third post .... he was made to feel uncomfortable because he was on his own when he tried to instigate his negative tirade ... we drowned him out with support for the TEAM.

Reading through the replies just now I see that 47'er and Abbey still share the same wit ... by that I don't mean that they have the same comedic outlook on events ... no ... they appear to literally share a wit, as in have half each.

Anyway ... I've made my point even though some have tried to twist it into something it's not. Thanks to PAFELL for 'getting the point'. For those who think that the atmosphere has no affect on the players ... you are just plain wrong.

I'll sum up what I was trying to say in one bullet point with the hope it cannot be mis-represented.

PROTESTING DURING THE GAME HELPS THE OPPOSITION.

See you all in another couple of months.

Excellent, hopefully by then we'll be making a fight of staying up under a manager that has united the fans.

Least we can say we've done our bit.

And what if we lose and they don't sack Kean? Look at these muppets' record over the last 12 months and tell me that's impossible?

We need 3 points and as far as I can tell, nobody here can say with absolute 100% certainty that the Ewood atmosphere has no bearing on the players. A West Brom player was merrily chirping after Saturday how brilliant that was for them. Moreover, it is absolutely evident that what the fans thinks has absolutely no bearing on the owners decision making at all. Otherwise, he'd have been gone already.

So with all that in mind, what is getting on his back during the game achieving? Is it going to get them to change their minds? Will it guarantee he is sacked? Will it intimidate the opposition? The answer to all these questions is NO, so whilst there is even a 0.1% chance it reduces the effectiveness of an already demoralised team I would be minded to not take the risk.

I say that having supported the plane, chanted Kean out at home games and having no problem in of itself, the reaction to the Yak giving Kean a high five. However, the time for these protests has been and gone. They haven't worked, he's still here and if we don't win tonight our Premiership survival is utterly finished.

Think of the bigger picture and put catharsis to one side for 90 mins. That's all it is now.

Archived