BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anti-Protest Thread

The protests were mistimed and went on for longer than they should have. Now it's impossible to assess the effects they have had on the team, but they surely haven't been positive ones.

They should have been natural, instead they've become a concerted effort to undermine the owners and the manager. People think that booing Kean is separate from booing the players, but it's really not. Kean's performance as a manager is tied into the players' performances. If we lose, they all take the blame. It's an unfortunate fact. We had admirable games against Spurs and Chelsea but protests and booing continued. We should have been applauding the players for their efforts and getting behind them 100%, not being more concerned about our hatred for Kean.

I find it ludicrous that people are now claiming that no one is making fans boo and protest now, and therefore they are now natural. No one has to! Seeds have already been planted. Completely inappropriate protests at the wrong times and untrue damaging rumours have caused that. I wonder how many of the protesters actually believe that Kean is part of the Scottish mafia involved in some elaborate scheme to screw over the club?

A complete mess has been created and Venky's don't get off scot free here either because they let it descend to this point. Frankly, I'm not sure what one could have done to avoid the situation other than to cave in to the fans' demands straight away and sack Kean. The big mistakes had been made a long time before though. Now we've reached a point where the mess is unsalvageable. The only possible solution for everyone involved is if Venky's put huge money into the club, into a new manager and better players in January, but I suspect that they will not be happy about being held to ransom.

You're right, it could be the fans fault :rolleyes:

How clueless can a person be?

Am I right in saying you've only ever been to Ewood once in your entire life? So you will have no idea what the atmosphere was like at the weekend. The crowd got behind the team and the team were absolutely awful. Then when we went a goal down and and continued to be terrible, the crowd started getting restless. Anti-Kean chants began, then we got a goal back. The crowd got behind the team again. And we got beat.

There was me thinking it was the destruction of our club by a bunch of amateurs? According to Miker it could be the fans.

If this ever happens again, don't worry we will all just smile and clap our hands as the club self destructs.

NO MATTER WHAT THE FANS DO IT MAKES NOT ONE JOT OF DIFFERENCE - WISE UP!

It is not a riff. It is a debate on the protests. I want Rovers to win. Others, so it appears want them to lose.

Just do NOT understand a football supporter wanting their team to lose. Yet I want Rovers to win and thats called.having a tiff.

I believe kean is gone, NO MATTER THE RESULT TONIGHT. So a win is more.important to me.

You aren't half misguided about what to get all hot and bothered about. Who cares what people think, it doesn't matter. Someone willing their own team to lose is not going to make the team lose. That is unless you believe in spoon bending and mind over matter.

What does matter is that our club is being destroyed by a bunch of neglectful morons who insist on keeping an idiot in charge. Focus your anger on that eh?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The protests were mistimed and went on for longer than they should have. Now it's impossible to assess the effects they have had on the team, but they surely haven't been positive ones.

They should have been natural, instead they've become a concerted effort to undermine the owners and the manager. People think that booing Kean is separate from booing the players, but it's really not. Kean's performance as a manager is tied into the players' performances. If we lose, they all take the blame. It's an unfortunate fact. We had admirable games against Spurs and Chelsea but protests and booing continued. We should have been applauding the players for their efforts and getting behind them 100%, not being more concerned about our hatred for Kean.

I find it ludicrous that people are now claiming that no one is making fans boo and protest now, and therefore they are now natural. No one has to! Seeds have already been planted. Completely inappropriate protests at the wrong times and untrue damaging rumours have caused that. I wonder how many of the protesters actually believe that Kean is part of the Scottish mafia involved in some elaborate scheme to screw over the club?

A complete mess has been created and Venky's don't get off scot free here either because they let it descend to this point. Frankly, I'm not sure what one could have done to avoid the situation other than to cave in to the fans' demands straight away and sack Kean. The big mistakes had been made a long time before though. Now we've reached a point where the mess is unsalvageable. The only possible solution for everyone involved is if Venky's put huge money into the club, into a new manager and better players in January, but I suspect that they will not be happy about being held to ransom.

You really don't get it do you.

We need the points, whoever.the manager.is. We do.not want to be cut further adrift that se are now.

Here is a question for you. WHAT.IF WE LOSE AND THEY STILL DO NOT SACK KEAN?

Then we protest longer and louder next game. And the next. And the next. Until he's gone. As long as it takes.

I'll put it as simply as I can for you if it helps; Steve Kean = Relegation. No matter what happens tonight. Therefore for most fans with the club's best interests at heart, removing Kean is the number one priority.

Sitting idly by, blindly cheering 3 points tonight and going home in a nice little dreamworld is not the way to keep us up.

Then we protest longer and louder next game. And the next. And the next. Until he's gone. As long as it takes.

I'll put it as simply as I can for you if it helps; Steve Kean = Relegation. No matter what happens tonight. Therefore for most fans with the club's best interests at heart, removing Kean is the number one priority.

Sitting idly by, blindly cheering 3 points tonight and going home in a nice little dreamworld is not the way to keep us up.

Correct , my protest is not going to the game ....I ahve demonstrated and shouted against Kean and I started during the Blackpool game last season ,to me the best way is for season ticket holders to stop going untill this idiot has been removed ..

Correct , my protest is not going to the game ....I ahve demonstrated and shouted against Kean and I started during the Blackpool game last season ,to me the best way is for season ticket holders to stop going untill this idiot has been removed ..

Well if we lose tonight and he doesn't get sacked that's me done. After 30 years a season ticket holder, my Dad on Ewood since 1952 at under 1 year of age, my Nan working there for 30 plus years, my Grandad going since the late 20's and my Great Grandad being there in the latter days of the 19th century - that's it until Kean's gone for my family. Thanks Venky's.

Ah thats right you did.

Sorry, didn't mean to do you a disservice that genuinely slipped my mind

No problem Tom. I just wanted to make the point that we did talk to the media but at the time they were not terribly interested in what we had to say. I suspect that it would be different if we had come back from Pune today.

To be honest the way I see it is this is the most pointless thread ever. There are no organised protests for this game as there doesn't need to be.

If we go 1-0 down coco is going to have a good 70-80% of the home fans throwing abuse at him regardless. As you pro Kean/Venkys lot kept on telling us when the majority were silent, the majority don't visit this website, therefore by posting wind up messages like this achieves nothing other than to get peoples backs up.

A question to the Anti protest brigade, at what point do you decide that it is time for protest? 3-0 down, 8-0 down? at what point will you stop sitting on your hands or worse attacking fellow supporters for doing something and start joining in yourselves?

No one knows if whether we win or lose this will or won't be Keans last gaame, we can only hope it is

Its has gone way beyond just "backing the team" the whole things a sorry mess.

If we win today he will probably stay and it will probably mean we are relegated.

If we lose and he stays It will push me over the edge I will probably turn my back on rovers and football all together.

This is not entertaining & ibe run out of passion or pride this is just f***ing sh** and ive almost had enough!

p.s

Cheers Kean and Venkys for everything. 12 MONTHS! HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO MESS IT ALL UP IN UNDER 12 MONTHS?? ... oh I remember sack everyone at the club who had any control or power then leave its battered body well alone to fend for itself!!

Thats it im ringing childline!

VENKYS = MORONS!

ewood spark is another thicky fan, cant be arsed reading this whole thread as its the usual drivel written by halfwit, im a rovers fan so we must back the team no matter what, ninconpoop!!

Without wishing to be rude,if you're going to denigrate another poster for being a 'thicky' and a 'halfwit' you really should check out your own spelling and grammar first.

You're right, it could be the fans fault :rolleyes:

How clueless can a person be?

Am I right in saying you've only ever been to Ewood once in your entire life? So you will have no idea what the atmosphere was like at the weekend. The crowd got behind the team and the team were absolutely awful. Then when we went a goal down and and continued to be terrible, the crowd started getting restless. Anti-Kean chants began, then we got a goal back. The crowd got behind the team again. And we got beat.

There was me thinking it was the destruction of our club by a bunch of amateurs? According to Miker it could be the fans.

If this ever happens again, don't worry we will all just smile and clap our hands as the club self destructs.

NO MATTER WHAT THE FANS DO IT MAKES NOT ONE JOT OF DIFFERENCE - WISE UP!

You aren't half misguided about what to get all hot and bothered about. Who cares what people think, it doesn't matter. Someone willing their own team to lose is not going to make the team lose. That is unless you believe in spoon bending and mind over matter.

What does matter is that our club is being destroyed by a bunch of neglectful morons who insist on keeping an idiot in charge. Focus your anger on that eh?

I want the team to win and I am miss guided. Give me strength.

Correct. Mrs D is digging her heals in because of the protests. She will not allow herself to be forced. Same as.with bank.

Sadly people cannot see this.

At 2-0 down after 30 minutes all bets were off with the crowd unfortunately. I don't think anyone in their worst nightmares expected that start. Amazingly the clown is getting some praise in the media for "turning things around at half time amidst the hostility". Such is the fickle way of the world.

Let's just hope he really does get the boot now.

I want the team to win and I am miss guided. Give me strength.

Firstly I said you were misguided, I wasn't questioning your gender.

Secondly, reading your posts you wouldn't think the team winning was your main objective. You seem more concerned about trying to alter the hearts and minds of fellow fans, which is totally and utterly pointless.

When are you going to learn that people are going to vent their frustrations while this manager and these owners are destroying our club? Do you think you on a message board is going to alter anything when you've got the shambles that went on at the weekend and tonight happening.

The problem is the manager and the owners NOT the fans :angry:

can't believe how many was still backing Kean at 2-0 and giving those grief for showing discontent, No doubt they will be back watching Liverpool next season, Plastic supporters

You can't have a go at people for expressing an opinion. As it happens I agree that he should be sacked, but just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they aren't 'proper' supporters.

can't believe how many was still backing Kean at 2-0 and giving those grief for showing discontent, No doubt they will be back watching Liverpool next season, Plastic supporters

Says he who does not slate others for their opinion. I do not know anybody still supporting kean

You can't have a go at people for expressing an opinion. As it happens I agree that he should be sacked, but just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they aren't 'proper' supporters.

In this instance i'd say you're wrong. Any PROPER Rovers fan deserves better than Kean, if they think differently then I'd say the have complete disregard for the very man who built this club. WE ALL DESERVE BETTER.

KEAN OUT.

In this instance i'd say you're wrong. Any PROPER Rovers fan deserves better than Kean, if they think differently then I'd say the have complete disregard for the very man who built this club. WE ALL DESERVE BETTER.

KEAN OUT.

Guess we'll have to disagree then. Point remains that if you buy a ticket you have every right to express your opinion whether for or against Kean. There's enough chaos going on at the moment without in-fighting amongst the fans.

Even the fans who don't want in-game protests are unlikely to want to see us bottom of the league. It's just unnecessary to slag off fans who disagree with you - isn't the point of this website to enable debate?

Kean out though, obviously.

Even the fans who don't want in-game protests are unlikely to want to see us bottom of the league. It's just unnecessary to slag off fans who disagree with you - isn't the point of this website to enable debate?

A debate requires a disagreement of some kind no?

Im so disillusioned with it all I personally think Kean has a job for life but if I could guarantee he would be sacked if we lost and replaced by someone vaguely normal think Id swap my ticket for one in Bolton fans and cheer them on. Sadly no such guarantee and win/lose/draw he will be in a job come May and come August we will be in the championship.

If rumours are true Keans job is all down to Barclays bank. No 10m from Pune as originally arranged = no club = no job to lose = no messageboard and therefore no silly bugger from Darwen with a faded tan coming on with the sole intention of winding everybody up. :rolleyes:

The protests have done good though cos the press and media are now full of 'what's going on at Blackburn' topics. Graham Taylor on Five live was criticising the Venkeymob and urging the Premier League to review foreign ownership. Problem is it's all too little too late. The time to get the gloves off was last March and I'm certain that if we had been a media darling club they would have been.

Archived