BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anti-Protest Thread

can't believe how many was still backing Kean at 2-0 and giving those grief for showing discontent, No doubt they will be back watching Liverpool next season, Plastic supporters

I think what Glen meant was that those who were giving others grief for expressing their opinion are "plastic supporters". Not just anyone who has a different view/preferred to vent their spleen after the game. He'll correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's clowns like Ewood Spark that are the reason this club is in the position it's in.

You are having a laugh right? I thought it was all Venky's fault.

Ewood Spark was just disagreeing with the best course of action yesterday. He's entitled to his opinion and clearly had the best interests of the club at heart, whether he was wrong or right. We've got a lot more hope of getting rid of the muppets that have brought the club to it's knees if we save that kind of attitude for the owners, thanks very much.

Ewood Spark was just disagreeing with the best course of action yesterday. He's entitled to his opinion and clearly had the best interests of the club at heart, whether he was wrong or right. We've got a lot more hope of getting rid of the muppets that have brought the club to it's knees if we save that kind of attitude for the owners, thanks very much.

You do remember Ewood Spark insulting more than a few posters? He went far beyond expressing an opinion. He's earned a fair bit of stick.

Not having a laugh at all, I find nothing about this whole situation funny whatsoever.

That's my opinion and by your own admission i'm entitled to it, thanks very much.

You do remember Ewood Spark insulting more than a few posters? He went far beyond expressing an opinion. He's earned a fair bit of stick.

I skimmed the thread yesterday apart from chucking in my own 2p so I based my comment on the original post, which in of itself, is not unreasonable. If there's been previous I may have missed it.

But to suggest that it's another Rovers fan's fault that we're in this situation is incredulous and frankly, an attitude we don't need.

Kean's still here and to be honest, I expect him to still be here on Boxing day. Venky's simply do not care one iota about what we think. That's not to say we should suddenly do nothing but there's a fair argument to be made that directing the fans anger at Kean ad infinitum is letting them off the hook.

A conversation perhaps for a less emotive day mind.

Suprised this thread hasn't been locked. Its beyond doubt that we are up Sh!t creek and action needs to be taken.

Which begs the question if you're not going to protest, what are you going to do. Doing nothing is NOT an option.

TO VENKYS, OUR OWNERS IN ABSENTIA.

YOUR SILENCE IS UNACCEPTABLE TODAY.

WE ARE IN CRISIS. YOU NEED TO TAKE ACTION, YOU NEED TO SHOW LEADERSHIP.

IS KEANS POSITION SAFE? IF SO, WHY. IF NOT MAKE YOUR MOVE.

ITS INCONCEIVABLE YOU HAVE NOT PLANNED FOR THIS POSSIBILITY, GIVEN RECENT EVENTS.

IF YOU HAVE ANY HONOUR OR RESPECT

FOR THIS CLUB AND ITS SUPPORTERS YOU WILL STAND UP AND BE COUNTED AND STOP COWERING IN YOUR HIDING PLACE.

Arte et Labore.

I skimmed the thread yesterday apart from chucking in my own 2p so I based my comment on the original post, which in of itself, is not unreasonable. If there's been previous I may have missed it.

But to suggest that it's another Rovers fan's fault that we're in this situation is incredulous and frankly, an attitude we don't need.

Kean's still here and to be honest, I expect him to still be here on Boxing day. Venky's simply do not care one iota about what we think. That's not to say we should suddenly do nothing but there's a fair argument to be made that directing the fans anger at Kean ad infinitum is letting them off the hook.

A conversation perhaps for a less emotive day mind.

Seems to be the anti protestors/Kean apologists who are blaming the fans to me.

Seems to be the anti protestors/Kean apologists who are blaming the fans to me.

I am neither anti-protest nor a Kean apologist which should be apparent from my posts. Feel free to link to any that you feel contradict that statement and I'll clarify accordingly. I have never and will never blame fans either.

What I have done is contended that in some respects the protests, of which I've been broadly supportive, have been counter-productive since the Yakubu incident. Nothing more, nothing less. Venky's clearly aren't listening to what the fans think and aren't showing any signs of starting to. They have however, shown signs of being reactive to media pressure. Most recently when they were forced to deny Nick Harris' claims in the Daily Mail and after Kean's daft remarks post-Cardiff.

However, even today some of the media reporting still has an angle of Kean's never been supported, "disgraceful" Blackburn fans etc. I am not for one minute saying any of that is accurate, quite the opposite.

What would be a lot more helpful to our aims would be said misinformed media asking questions of Venky's as to why the hell he still has a job given his record rather than debating the merits of the atmosphere at Ewood Park and/or whether the clown deserves any sympathy. Yes they should be doing that anyway but they aren't, at least not enough.

It's worthy of a discussion, is it not, about what we can do to change that? The protests have achieved a great deal in terms of media exposure but arguably are not putting Venky's under pressure because it's being soaked up by Kean. I was merely contending prior to the Bolton game that isolating that debate so that it becomes a non-factor may actually help us get shot of him. Removing his/apologists ability to criticise the protests/atmosphere would lead them to ask the proper questions and unite the fans.

At 2-0 down to the bottom of the table team, the vitriol becomes such an over-riding factor and there's nothing anyone else can do about that. Maybe the sheer extent of it will force Venky's into action but that cannot be a guarantee.

Painting fans who want to debate the effectiveness of the protests as apologists or suggesting they are actually the problem gets us where exactly? Saying it's EwoodSpark's fault we're in this mess would suggest that were he to do something differently, everything would be fine! Think about that for a second. It's daft!

I hope that's clear enough.

The original poster is one of the Pune 9, is he not. And it seems like the bribe hasn't worn off him as it has from some of the others. At the time I said their pathetic utterances on returning were very much like Neville Chamberlain's piece of paper just before the outbreak of WW2. And yet again I was right.

What a shock. But if you take people who would be impressed by wealth to talk to wealthy people, you get what was got- hot air and absolutely nothing else.

The original poster is one of the Pune 9, is he not. And it seems like the bribe hasn't worn off him as it has from some of the others. At the time I said their pathetic utterances on returning were very much like Neville Chamberlain's piece of paper just before the outbreak of WW2. And yet again I was right.

What a shock. But if you take people who would be impressed by wealth to talk to wealthy people, you get what was got- hot air and absolutely nothing else.

I love you, Jan. Post more often, dagnammit.

Brilliant Jan...spot on insightful comment.

Pity I can no longer + your post else I would. Nice to see you back Jan.

Archived