BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anti-Protest Thread

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what if we lose and they don't sack Kean? Look at these muppets' record over the last 12 months and tell me that's impossible?

We need 3 points and as far as I can tell, nobody here can say with absolute 100% certainty that the Ewood atmosphere has no bearing on the players. A West Brom player was merrily chirping after Saturday how brilliant that was for them. Moreover, it is absolutely evident that what the fans thinks has absolutely no bearing on the owners decision making at all. Otherwise, he'd have been gone already.

So with all that in mind, what is getting on his back during the game achieving? Is it going to get them to change their minds? Will it guarantee he is sacked? Will it intimidate the opposition? The answer to all these questions is NO, so whilst there is even a 0.1% chance it reduces the effectiveness of an already demoralised team I would be minded to not take the risk.

I say that having supported the plane, chanted Kean out at home games and having no problem in of itself, the reaction to the Yak giving Kean a high five. However, the time for these protests has been and gone. They haven't worked, he's still here and if we don't win tonight our Premiership survival is utterly finished.

Think of the bigger picture and put catharsis to one side for 90 mins. That's all it is now.

And what if we do nothing, still lose and Kean spins the silence to the owners as a sign that the fans are all behind him?

Thinking of the bigger picture is EXACTLY what we are doing! Winning tonight makes absolutely no difference to our chances of survival as long as Kean is manager, which if we DO win he will be for the forseeable future, make no mistake.

The only chance we have of staying up is if Kean goes - therefore shouldn't we do our utmost to get the message across that he isn't wanted and hope they see the light?

I'd rather support a Rovers that sacrifice tonight, sack Kean and as a result have a better chance of staying in the Premier League - as would most people with any sense.

If you'd rather sit in your happy little bubble, 3 points in hand, and then stumble on to the next match with the same hopeless incompetent as manager who is GUARANTEED TO TAKE US DOWN then I fear you're truly beyond help.

Un-f*****g-believable that a fellow human being can be so downright numb and shortsighted. :wacko:

So your quite happy to have 3pts less. Even though every.point is needed.

You must be s dingle to think.like that.

You seem to get in a right tizz every week Paffell, but there's nowt you can do about it, folk will do what they see fit tonight.

ps Do you think Burnley fans want us to lose tonight? Knowing a defeat could see Kean out the door? or do they want us to win, so he can stay on- big picture, their bitter rivals are relegated.

Check Clarets Mad and you will see it's the latter.

It’s a bonkers situation Burnley fans want Rovers to win to keep Kean in a job and some Rovers fans want Rovers to lose to get Kean out and therefore a better chance of staying up.

I’m so disillusioned with it all I personally think Kean has a job for life but if I could guarantee he would be sacked if we lost and replaced by someone vaguely normal think I’d swap my ticket for one in Bolton fans and cheer them on. Sadly no such guarantee and win/lose/draw he will be in a job come May and come August we will be in the championship.

Our chances of survival are directly linked with how long Kean is in a job.

So your quite happy to have 3pts less. Even though every.point is needed.

You must be s dingle to think.like that.

Answer this then.

Assuming Kean was nailed-on, guaranteed to be sacked if we lost, would you still want us to win?

You trembling yet?

He's not a trembler. Ewood Spark is a groveler. Roll back the clock a couple of hundred years and he'd doubtless be doffing his cap in the hopes "m'lord" would toss him a coin.

He's a 'moron' because of his attitude, not his opinions- this thread was started just to wind folk up before a big game.

And he probably thinks he's clever.

And what if we do nothing, still lose and Kean spins the silence to the owners as a sign that the fans are all behind him?

Thinking of the bigger picture is EXACTLY what we are doing! Winning tonight makes absolutely no difference to our chances of survival as long as Kean is manager, which if we DO win he will be for the forseeable future, make no mistake.

The only chance we have of staying up is if Kean goes - therefore shouldn't we do our utmost to get the message across that he isn't wanted and hope they see the light?

How can you be absolutely sure that if we do win he stays and if we don't he goes? The truth is, you've absolutely no idea whether that's the case or not. I shall repeat the question, what if we don't win and he still stays? Can you tell me that's an impossibility?

I'm quite sure there were fans saying exactly the same thing before West Brom. Yet, he's still here. The anti-Kean sentiment has been prevalent for months, yet he's still here.

What if he's spinning the line to Venky's that it's the fans fault the team aren't winning? If they are gullible enough to believe the converse, gullible enough to appoint him in the first place, they are gullible enough to believe that.

What's more likely out of these two options?

a) A poisonous atmosphere at the game will embolden the opposition

B) Venky's will ALL OF A SUDDEN start listening to the fans and "see the light" after 12 months and get rid.

They can both be true, I'm asking what's more likely? Be honest?

You seem to get in a right tizz every week Paffell, but there's nowt you can do about it, folk will do what they see fit tonight.

ps Do you think Burnley fans want us to lose tonight? Knowing a defeat could see Kean out the door? or do they want us to win, so he can stay on- big picture, their bitter rivals are relegated.

Frankly, Matty I don't give a toss what the dingles think and neither should you.

How can you be absolutely sure that if we do win he stays and if we don't he goes? The truth is, you've absolutely no idea whether that's the case or not. I shall repeat the question, what if we don't win and he still stays? Can you tell me that's an impossibility?

I'm quite sure there were fans saying exactly the same thing before West Brom. Yet, he's still here. The anti-Kean sentiment has been prevalent for months, yet he's still here.

What if he's spinning the line to Venky's that it's the fans fault the team aren't winning? If they are gullible enough to believe the converse, gullible enough to appoint him in the first place, they are gullible enough to believe that.

What's more likely out of these two options?

a) A poisonous atmosphere at the game will embolden the opposition

B) Venky's will ALL OF A SUDDEN start listening to the fans and "see the light" after 12 months and get rid.

They can both be true, I'm asking what's more likely? Be honest?

If we don't win and he stays, we're down. If we DO win, and he stays, we're down. If we don't win and he goes, there's hope we might stay up. Me, I'm happy to pursue option 3 until there's categorically no chance of it happening. While there is, Kean's getting both barrels - no prisoners.

If Kean moans to them that the 'poisonous atmosphere' is causing the defeats, the surely Venky's are going to look to remove the root cause if the atmosphere i.e. Kean himself?

So you'd rather blindly support the team, take the 3 points and HOPE everything turns out OK. No doubt you'll be the first one moaning when we get relegated about the fans not doing enough.

Personally I'd rather at least attempt to do something to affect a positive change for the club.

As for your multiple choice, I'm hopeful that (a.) will lead to (b.). Because doing nothing and sitting there meekly clapping the players will achieve nothing in the long term other than certain Championship football.

You never know, Venky's might surprise us and do the right thing. But that won't happen as a result of a compliant crowd and a win tonight.

If Kean moans to them that the 'poisonous atmosphere' is causing the defeats, the surely Venky's are going to look to remove the root cause if the atmosphere i.e. Kean himself?.

Given what's happened to date, it wouldn't surprised me if stewards were given an instruction to remove and ban anyone vocally dissenting.

Really good post by Deftangel. This is definitely the dilemma. If we lose we have no guarantees that Kean will be off, only "me dad's dog's dentist says" and a few tantalising tweets from Kamy and Cryer (based on rumours they've heard).

Three points is three points. Get enough of them and you stay up. Basic Maths.

However, on balance, given his record, Kean will take us down anyway so tonight matters little in the great scheme of things.

Look at it this way. Assume we are already relegated. Can Kean bring us back up? Will the club/Venkys be able to sustain relegation without stripping the club bare of all talent. Because we do have talent. It's easy to overlook it given the lack of confidence and ideas. The right man could do something with that, and a transfer window.

disclaimer: this post conveniently ignores conspiracy theories of asset stripping and any other skulduggery.

In fairness that may have been part of the problem, looking back we should maybe have done things differently on return.

I maintain that whilst we were there we did everything right but as Ste B said we should have sat down with an Andy Cryer or Bayes or similar when we got back.

I did Tom. Or at least I had a phone conversation with Andy Cryer when we got back and published our statement. I'm afraid that he didn't print much at the time beyond the statement but we had a good chat at which I tried to get over what had happened.

Ewood Spark... let's just say, when we go down, I hope you take a long, hard look in the mirror. The people protesting can at least say that they tried to save our club, whilst you tried to stop them. People like you make me sick.

The protests were mistimed and went on for longer than they should have. Now it's impossible to assess the effects they have had on the team, but they surely haven't been positive ones.

They should have been natural, instead they've become a concerted effort to undermine the owners and the manager. People think that booing Kean is separate from booing the players, but it's really not. Kean's performance as a manager is tied into the players' performances. If we lose, they all take the blame. It's an unfortunate fact. We had admirable games against Spurs and Chelsea but protests and booing continued. We should have been applauding the players for their efforts and getting behind them 100%, not being more concerned about our hatred for Kean.

I find it ludicrous that people are now claiming that no one is making fans boo and protest now, and therefore they are now natural. No one has to! Seeds have already been planted. Completely inappropriate protests at the wrong times and untrue damaging rumours have caused that. I wonder how many of the protesters actually believe that Kean is part of the Scottish mafia involved in some elaborate scheme to screw over the club?

A complete mess has been created and Venky's don't get off scot free here either because they let it descend to this point. Frankly, I'm not sure what one could have done to avoid the situation other than to cave in to the fans' demands straight away and sack Kean. The big mistakes had been made a long time before though. Now we've reached a point where the mess is unsalvageable. The only possible solution for everyone involved is if Venky's put huge money into the club, into a new manager and better players in January, but I suspect that they will not be happy about being held to ransom.

Not having that miker, what is going on now has nothing to do with the organised protests, 'seeds had been planted', nonsense.

You musn't know much about football crowds and how they react to events, fans have been calling for managers heads since year dot, the difference here being that a manager at any other club with such a poor record, who is receiving such venom from the crowd would have been long since removed .

• Backroom

I did Tom. Or at least I had a phone conversation with Andy Cryer when we got back and published our statement. I'm afraid that he didn't print much at the time beyond the statement but we had a good chat at which I tried to get over what had happened.

Ah thats right you did.

Sorry, didn't mean to do you a disservice that genuinely slipped my mind

The protests were mistimed and went on for longer than they should have. Now it's impossible to assess the effects they have had on the team, but they surely haven't been positive ones.

They should have been natural, instead they've become a concerted effort to undermine the owners and the manager. People think that booing Kean is separate from booing the players, but it's really not. Kean's performance as a manager is tied into the players' performances. If we lose, they all take the blame. It's an unfortunate fact. We had admirable games against Spurs and Chelsea but protests and booing continued. We should have been applauding the players for their efforts and getting behind them 100%, not being more concerned about our hatred for Kean.

I find it ludicrous that people are now claiming that no one is making fans boo and protest now, and therefore they are now natural. No one has to! Seeds have already been planted. Completely inappropriate protests at the wrong times and untrue damaging rumours have caused that. I wonder how many of the protesters actually believe that Kean is part of the Scottish mafia involved in some elaborate scheme to screw over the club?

A complete mess has been created and Venky's don't get off scot free here either because they let it descend to this point. Frankly, I'm not sure what one could have done to avoid the situation other than to cave in to the fans' demands straight away and sack Kean. The big mistakes had been made a long time before though. Now we've reached a point where the mess is unsalvageable. The only possible solution for everyone involved is if Venky's put huge money into the club, into a new manager and better players in January, but I suspect that they will not be happy about being held to ransom.

There is no proof whatsoever that the protests have had a positive or negative impact on performances & results. Rovers were rubbish before the protests and rubbish after the protests.

Kean gets the most flack because he is the one that manages the team, he is the one who selects the team and develops a gameplan/tactics for the games. A manager lives or dies by his results, in Kean's case he should have been buried at the end of last season. The owners are going nowhere, but Kean is removable.

So the fans say nothing and just clap ,Hardlines chaps theres always next week ??? Crap ,Kean is a bad manager , why as he not been sacked come on answer that ?

Answer this then.

Assuming Kean was nailed-on, guaranteed to be sacked if we lost, would you still want us to win?

We need the points, whoever.the manager.is. We do.not want to be cut further adrift that se are now.

Here is a question for you. WHAT.IF WE LOSE AND THEY STILL DO NOT SACK KEAN?

It is not a riff. It is a debate on the protests. I want Rovers to win. Others, so it appears want them to lose.

Just do NOT understand a football supporter wanting their team to lose. Yet I want Rovers to win and thats called.having a tiff.

I believe kean is gone, NO MATTER THE RESULT TONIGHT. So a win is more.important to me.

Just do NOT understand a football supporter wanting their team to lose.

You don't half go on about this Pafell.

They wanted rovers to lose because they believed that winning the odd game would keep him in his position. In their minds losing games short term could mean winning a hell of a lot more in the long term.

It's not really difficult. You might not agree with them, but why is it so difficult to understand?

Archived