BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enlightening those from elsewhere

Thanks for the links John.

Got a beta version of the site online now - if anyone want to help check it please PM me for the link.

Still open for sugestions on additions or changes to the site, but mostly could do with some extra eyes running over the content to check for any inaccuracies, etc.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may sound like the ramblings of a supporter who does not know where to turn next regarding the situation at out club. However whilst unable to sleep last night, I had a thought, maybe a slightly stupid one but nevertheless here it is.

Seeing as Venkys arent listening, nor are explayers, journalists, premier league and FA, and as fans we have no idea who or what to do next. Could we not (please dont crucify me for this as i know its probably a stupid idea) contact uefa/fifa with regard everything we know and think about the situation.

My reasons being:-

1. No one else cares and will listen.

2. I have no idea how we can change the situation.

3. The world powers seem to have debt and corruption as their little project at the moment.

4. After the debacle and subsequent slanging match between the FA and fifa over the world cup bid and corruption, im sure blatter and his cronies would love to embarrass the fa with an investigation into corruption in the PL. Especially stating that the fans had to come to them because the PL didnt care.

Justa a tired thought i had.

First time I've seen that Paul. No wonder so many people were taken in. History now tells us that thier intentions are not worth the paper they are written on. My spidey senses were tingling all the while back then and thats why I was wary of the burgers from the first minute I clapped my eyes on em.

btw Good work Krypton. It's wanted somone to pick up this particular cudgel for some time now. The attempts of the media and the LMA to paint the supporters of BRFC in a bad light at every opportunity are breathtaking in their audacity and one can only speculate about the personnel and the motivation behind it all. Someone with extremely good connections is orchestrating this and it's not only misguided it's sinister. I'm suprised the FA / Prem are going along with this, they must surely know to never ever attempt to bite the hand that is feeding them all. To many at the top tables of these organisations have lost all touch with reallity.

Once you have finished it you could possibly go on various football fansites and post the link, even send it to BBC MOTD.

Attached should be an on line petition calling not for tea and sympathy for BRFC but calling for a govt investigation into the foreign ownership of football clubs citing the goings on since the Venkeys turned up at BRFC, the shennigins at the likes of Pompey, Lpool, Man City (under Shinawatra) and the debt at Old Trafford etc etc as situations to be avoided and deterred at all costs. I've suggested this before and I'm sure there are enough concerned and angry supporters out there to get such a petition worded carefully past the 100,000 mark which would then force a debate in parliament which in turn might lead to rule changes and turn the spotlight on our lot and cause significant embarrassment in Pune.

Attached should be an on line petition calling not for tea and sympathy for BRFC but calling for a govt investigation into the foreign ownership of football clubs citing the goings on since the Venkeys turned up at BRFC, the shennigins at the likes of Pompey, Lpool, Man City (under Shinawatra) and the debt at Old Trafford etc etc as situations to be avoided and deterred at all costs. I've suggested this before and I'm sure there are enough concerned and angry supporters out there to get such a petition worded carefully past the 100,000 mark which would then force a debate in parliament which in turn might lead to rule changes and turn the spotlight on our lot and cause significant embarrassment in Pune.

Very good idea, Gordon.

In your self-imposed exile from Ewood it would give you something to do.

Look forward to seeing your petition debated in the Commons.

Very good idea, Gordon.

In your self-imposed exile from Ewood it would give you something to do.

Interesting that you are frequently posting on here when the Rovers are at home Jim. ^_^

However as delegation is that art of good management I have already suggested under the protest thread that it would be best worded by one of our esteemed BRFC supporting MP's. We have at least one proud, self confessed supporter from each party (Jack Straw / Tim Farron and Jake Berry) and so it shouldn't be a problem to find at least one willing to put himself to the fore on behalf of his constituents and drive this forward. In fact Jacks already had an opening salvo at the Venkeys completely ignored as far as I understand so maybe a joint initiative would be in order? That'd certainly be a turn up wouldn't it?

Interesting that you are frequently posting on here when the Rovers are at home Jim. ^_^

Come on, why not back up your words with actions ? It is a good idea and one that is likely to be supported by fans up and down the country.

Very good idea - it would need the backing of football fans across the country but could be achieved.

If someone was to put together a statement to sum up the worries of fans I would gladly add a page to the site.

'MG Road' has gone quite quiet lately, hasn't he?

He did mention that he had acquired a blackberry so would post more frequent, unfortunately it was Venky's who supplied it to him and it's a cheap chinese "version" Blackburry with a battery life of 0.45 seconds

This is a fantastic piece of work Krypton-many thanks for the time and effort you have obviously put into it. Now its the duty of the rest of us to use this great resource as a link in as many places as possible to get the truth out about what is really happening at our club.

This is a fantastic piece of work Krypton-many thanks for the time and effort you have obviously put into it. Now its the duty of the rest of us to use this great resource as a link in as many places as possible to get the truth out about what is really happening at our club.

Site seems to have coped well in the first 12 hours, please feel free to tweet/facebook/email/link or post on as many message boards as you can Rovers or otherwise - the more hits the site gets the better. :brfcsmilie:

EDIT:

Nearly forgot, a big thank you to those who contributed to the site via links / emails / PM`s or even over a pint in the pub. Might not have finished if it wasn`t for your support guys - THANK YOU ;)

Krypton, what about sending a link to the India Times sports desk?

Interesting to see were the views of the site have been coming from so far:

The United Kingdom

Norway

India

Ireland

The United Arab Emirates

Portugal

Denmark

Australia

Sweden

Italy

France

Wonder whos been peeking in India?

The Portugal one may have been me in Maderia.

I doth my cap to thee Krypton - that site is quality :tu:

Absolutely. Great job Krypton. I get the feeling you could be updating the site nigh on every day though however.

Theres a good article here regarding the mortgage with a great Kean quote at the end. Telegraph 18 Nov 11

“We won’t get relegated,” Kean said, “absolutely no chance.”

Also “I’ve still got a lot of money to spend,” said Kean, who discussed January transfer budgets in a meeting with Venky’s representatives. “The owners are very strong people. They are here for the long term. The owners know there’s now a squad of players with a very big value.” Great news.

The Mail 25th Nov - Hoillett - Kean: "'The boy is desperate to sign". We still can't find him a pen then?

Absolutely. Great job Krypton. I get the feeling you could be updating the site nigh on every day though however.

Theres a good article here regarding the mortgage with a great Kean quote at the end. Telegraph 18 Nov 11

“We won’t get relegated,” Kean said, “absolutely no chance.”

Also “I’ve still got a lot of money to spend,” said Kean, who discussed January transfer budgets in a meeting with Venky’s representatives. “The owners are very strong people. They are here for the long term. The owners know there’s now a squad of players with a very big value.” Great news.

Bob, this makes me sick reading his utter codswollop and tripe. Indeed what not have some A4 leaflets with "Kean's Quotes" reprinted as "Kean's Codswollop and Tripe"?

Soft release of the site can be viewed here:

http://roverstruth.co.uk/

If i`ve missed anything out or made any errors pls let me know.

You may want to consider a more "news" style of skin for the site, just so you can highlight content and so it doesn't get hidden away as easily. I used to use a modified version of this skin and can recommend it.

http://www.gabfirethemes.com/themes/transcript/

Archived