BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enlightening those from elsewhere

Hello all, i`m considering creating a website containing all the facts about what has to our once proud club. The purpose of which would be to enlighten the wider world to our plight, why Rovers supporters are so frustrated, and what we (as fans) are trying to be do about it.

I am not looking to include any rumours just the truth. The general media only give people soundbites and no real background information.

I meet many people on a daily basis who do not understand the full array of problems facing the club, they start off believing rovers fans to be out of order and living in the past. That is until they are told some facts about the situation, they then agree that if the same was happening at their club they too would be very worried about its future.

Why am I telling you my idea?

I`m looking to collate as much info as I can in one place, if anybody here has any links which they believe maybe useful or info not available on the web which could be included it will all help.

If you think I`m just wasting my time thats fine - but I believe every little will help - and If I can piece everything together then maybe we will gain some much needed support from supporters around the country.

EDIT:

Website address --> http://roverstruth.co.uk

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Krypton, that's a good idea.

I meet plenty of football fans here that think the Rovers fans are going over the top. They don't know any of the reasons why.

Your idea wouldn't need much, just the stats on Kean's record.

Some of his sound bytes about champions League,top four.

Some of the quotes from Mrs Desai/Bilaji/etc.

The way Kean got the job.

The departures of Messrs Finn and Williams.

I think that if you can put together as many of their absurd expectations along with their original commitments to the fans and what has transpired, anyone with a modicum of intelligence couldn't help but understand why the fans are up in arms.

The hard bit would be getting it linked.

Hello all, i`m considering creating a website containing all the facts about what has to our once proud club. The purpose of which would be to enlighten the wider world to our plight, why Rovers supporters are so frustrated, and what we (as fans) are trying to be do about it.

I am not looking to include any rumours just the truth. The general media only give people soundbites and no real background information.

I meet many people on a daily basis who do not understand the full array of problems facing the club, they start off believing rovers fans to be out of order and living in the past. That is until they are told some facts about the situation, they then agree that if the same was happening at their club they too would be very worried about its future.

I`m looking to collate as much info as I can in one place, if anybody here has any links which they believe maybe useful or info not available on the web which could be included it will all help.

If you think I`m just wasting my time thats fine - but I believe every little will help - and If I can piece everything together then maybe we will gain some much needed support from supporters around the country.

Go for it mate!

I think a timeline of Rovers league position from when he took over to now would hit home. Also state records of some of the shortest tenures to grace the premier league (Tony Adams, Paul Sturrock, Iain Dowie, Les Reed etc).

But I do think Venkys are the main problem and they have to go or drastically change their ways!

It`s a great idea and once it`s completed I would use banners and the like to promote the website with a catchy slogan.Something on the lines of `The truth is out there` or something similar,short and straight to the point.I would then stop with the abuse of Kean and purely focus the attention on that website as I feel the media would be more interested in a campaign containing NO opinions,just pure fact.

It is evident now that the abuse on Kn*bhead is having a negative effect on the team itself and maybe a change in strategy can remove that as an excuse for not winning games.

(Incidentally you could call the website `The V-Files` :blush::P )

We have a winner.

A very topical name and may even encourage additional contributions!

Speaking of contributions,

I think it is time for all Rovers supporters to start saving the pennies in readieness to buy the club of the administrators becuase that is where we will be very soon

"Funnily" enough Yoda, I was just looking for the appropriate thread to post this link (from an earlier Majibal link)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/brendan-guilfoyle/plymouth-argyle-are-failing-football-clubs-worth-saving_b_1162327.html

You could be right but it would be a long road ahead, and on,y after all of the parachute payments have long gone, I'd wager. Could be years!

Very good idea. A website exposing venkys.bad ownership of Rovers would be good.

Venkys are the rogue traders.of the football world.

Fantastic idea. Anyone thought about putting Blackburn Rovers up for sale on ebay? That kind of thing generally creates a bit of media interest.

There's a YouTube video knocking about which had some comments in there. Maybe the creator could repost a link for you.

Here's the vid that I think Jisty mentions..........

I think the 'author' was a poster on here. I see some of the comments on youtube from fans of other clubs are pretty supportive. Fair starting point, think it finishes around the end of October so plenty of scope for you to add to it. Good summary of events to that point though. Not really relating to what you're intending to do but I found it interesting to see how Kean's demeanour/appearance has changed over the past year.

We have a winner.

A very topical name and may even encourage additional contributions!

Very important that he sticks to stuff in the public domain or can back up the claims, I wouldn't encourage contributions on such a site without checking their validity first, like the mods and admin here he would not want to potentially fall foul of defamation laws.

However with that kept in mind I think it's an excellent idea I found myself last night spending half an hour on a work colleagues fb status when he suggested 'we should get a grip' and that we have not experienced real turmoil and we should be happy we are in the premier league (he's a Carlisle fan) I ended up writing for ages of why this is happening and at the moment there is a very real fear not just for premier league safety but for the clubs existence. I don't feel fans of other clubs understand what's going on at all.

I was also wondering of ways to counter the LMA's perception and managers such as Fergie and Moyes who practically made us out to be thugs. What I thought of was how many arrests and banning orders from the courts have been handed out over the protest period after all if they are so violent and vicious there would be plenty. If there are some it would then be interesting to see how many we're in direct relation to the protests. I haven't seen any stories in the LT so far so we can't be that vicious and militant.

Damning words below. Remember Jerome Anderson (keans agent) was either advising the Venkys or part of a company advising Venkys.

"Brown explained that he knew upon handing a short-term deal, on relatively low wages and as a back-up player, to Anderson at the turn of the year that the defender would move to Ewood Park in May.

"Steve Kean had said to me that, if he was handed the Blackburn job long-term, he would sign Myles Anderson," Brown said. The former Scotland manager added that he had been unaware who Anderson's father was until the last 24 hours."

Archived