BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United v BRFC Preview - Sat 31st December

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets hope Olsson is back but I doubt it.

Watched the Liverpool game on Swedish TV, and in the pre-game show one reporter said she had talked to Martin Olsson, who had said that the medical staff had cleared him to play against Man U.

May or may not be true of course, and even if it was true then it need not be true on Saturday.

ET's(Rio) crap these days,too old and too slow. I rate Evans more than Ferdinand and that's saying something... We've a better chance of scoring if he's(ET) in their team.

Saying that, he's been more prolific against United than any of our strikers over the last few years.

In which case, pick him Fergie!

3-4 Rovers, Yakubu hat trick and Rio OG.

Saying that, he's been more prolific against United than any of our strikers over the last few years.

In which case, pick him Fergie!

3-4 Rovers, Yakubu hat trick and Rio OG.

Haha yeah,with a bit of a ruccus on the pitch with Nellie putting Rooney in a headlock again,good times!

Kean needs to learn from history or be doomed to the same mistake. He like others will think that it will be different but it won't. Just as OT was BFS' undoing so to will it be for Kean. Generosity begins at home and SAF isn't feeling that generous that he would spare Kean the same fate. Rovers get thumped and Kean gets sacked. Amen

Though I think you may be right - we have actually done fairly well against the "big boys" under Kean (in terms of score line) - and only really been embarrassed by City. To get anything at United - they will have to be below par - we will need a fair amount of luck - and an improvement in our "flair" players. You never know - if fit - this is Hoilett's best chance to get his big move.

I keep reading about these "flair" players. Who, exactly are they?

MGP can't tackle and he's not a flair player either.

He's been one of the few players lately who can pass to someone on his own team. He had more pace and used to try some outlandish shots when he first joined us but he has a better footballing brain now.

Rochina reminds me a bit of C. Ronaldo when he first joined United. Difference is the management, SAF showed him the ropes and he became a much better all round player. Rochina's talent is wasted with no real guidance, he gets thrown in the team occasionally, runs into people, doesn't defend, and then gets dropped, only to be picked a few games later in the hope he won't make the same mistakes again.

Formica's hardly a flair player either. He was expected to be but comes across more as an averagely skilled player who works hard. Disappears from games though.

Hoilett's getting fat and is looking worse for it. Had a good start to the season and was a shining light in the majority of turd nobodies but he obviously doesn't care any more. I'm not sure how long 24 hours is but i'm pretty sure the 24 hours should have ended about a day after the transfer window closed? Since then it's been downhill for him, not sure i'd even pick him these days.

We did well last week. But I honestly think attacking wise Man united are a different beast to liverpool.

Woth clubs like us I think Liverpool main weakness is speed, that didnt happen last week but when we beat them 3- 1 it was all about our speed.

Manchester United win titles by beating the likes of us, we need luck and man u to be on a bad day with all the players we have missing to stand a chance.

I think henley should start, he should have started against sunderland. I think henley has been improving now he has had a run in the side.

It will have to be a full on gutsy performance for this one, cant afford passengers, id stick with lowe and henley as full backs, samba and whoever is fit at centre back, the rest im not sure, depends on who is fit. But I think the likes of gamst we could do with out, we cant afford to keep giving the ball away when attacking when playing keans version sams football.

Apart from Samba, none of our players could dream of getting near their first team.

The thought of two of Ashley Young, Valencia and Nani racing at our novice full backs strikes the fear of God into me. Add to that Dimitar Berbatov coming off the back of a hattrick and Wayne Rooney playing in the hole between our midfield and defence and there is only one result.

Manchester United 6-0 Blackburn Rovers

We'll have two shots to their 30+

As you watch the game you will see the difference between ManUre and the Scousers. Being camped in our half manUre will shoot! Incy picked that tip up from RFW remember. Expect Bunn to be peppered from the edge of the box and Berbaflop and friends to be there to pick up the deflection, rebounds and saves.

9 - 0

Kean interview will be so far up RFW's ass it's untrue and he will stil praise the youngsters and say that if decisions went for us we could have got something. PRICK

Rochina, Formica, Hoilett.

I think we can afford ONE in the starting line up but no more, they cannot tackle and luxuries we can't afford to carry.

I keep reading about our attacking flair players, but I don't remember Rochina or Formica creating anything for their team mates all season. Hoilett's gone backwards as well.

Archived