BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City Preview

• Backroom

Once again we lose at home. Once again we concede 2 goals. Once again we can't keep a clean sheet. Once again Steve Kean fails to build on a win - still he can't win more than one match in a row.

I would like it to be a reality check for some on here... but you know it won't be, and next time we win we will have 'turned a corner' for the hundredth time. It'll probably be a fluke win against Man City or something equally ridiculous.

Getting behind the lads worked a treat, as usual. The boys doing us proud again. Not aimed at the youngsters, btw. Senior pros let us down once again.

Is this another result where we're going to bemoan being "unlucky"? Or where it's finally realised we're actually just crap and are going down?

The United and Liverpool results mean nothing now.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Steve Kean's own words, beating United won't count for anything if we don't beat Stoke. I wonder what his excuse will be today. God, the guy is useless (8 wins from 40 I think now), yet the fans are the ones who get all the criticism from everyone outside the club.

• Backroom

Rovers have been lacking creatively for YEARS, minus that brief spell when we had mixtures of Bentley, McCarthy, Tugay, Bellamy and Santa Cruz in the squad.

What we have always relied on is a steady defence to ensure our lack of attacking ability has never costed us vital wins. We don't have that any more - we will now go down, and Kean will be making the same infuriating mistakes in the Championship.

Guardian today got it right today. Kean says no Rovers fan should want us to be relegated. Therefore we shouldn't boo him. But we boo him BECAUSE we don't want to get relegated! And he's got us 14 points in 20 games. On track for 27 point season. Bolton n Wigan game in hand. We could be bottom again VERY soon.

I agree we lacked any flair or attacking ideas, the only clear chance I can think of is when yakubu should have played goodwillie in and chose to pass wide to formica, formica is definatly not a winger doesnt whip crosses in quick enough, either hesitates or cuts inside for the pass, behind the striker is formicas best and only usefull position. But I suppose we had nobody else available, olssen or hoilett would have been the preferred choice.

we just kept whipping the ball in hoping for yak to bully through or a stoke defender to make a mistake but they just didnt.

I was actually happy with rochina running at them, this was a game we needed olssen and hoilett.

Quote majiball......

Has anyone else seen the attendance?

20.5K, not good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't go today. I had the same free ticket offered as I had against Bolton but since not renewing I've discovered better things to do with my time and I chose not to go to either match. I must say missing the fortnightly BRFC fix gets easier and easier, I've now officially reached the carnt be arsed state. I feared it would after witnessing the same effect affect countless thousands in the 60's and 70's.

Nice day today so I continued with building a wall that I started a few weeks ago. Good for the soul and very rewarding too.

Unfortunately as I said in August we will go down cos we have to score 3 to win and no one can survive in the Prem under that burden.

i rather we had not won man u and liverpool........ these are matches that still keep that bloody clown alive, and thats exactly the matches that literally going to bring us down. we can digest it as, y were we relegated? because we won man u and liverpool. thats y we got relegated.......

Think before the first goal it was pretty even and we put some good passing moves together. After that though...back to the usual toothless attack/kick it to Yak for him to hold up for about a minute until our midfield gets in the opposition half.

Our midfield just looks completely bereft of confidence and ideas going forward, and think I could count on one hand the number of times N'zonzi made any driving runs forward (which was a shame as the opposition backed off most of the times he did).

Once again I think Kean got the subs/change of tactics wrong. Don't think Goodwillie should have been on the pitch, and would have started Rochina off of Yak in Dunn's position.

If we started the 2nd half properly I think it could have been a different game, but we came out looking lethargic and mentally tired and took a good 15 mins to get a hold of the game.

All in all a bad day at the office, and definitely one we could have done without. At least the other results have pretty much gone for us so we're still within touching distance of the rest of the pack (just about). Think we're in desperate need of some new players, but can't really see Kean/Venkys/Kentaro gettin themselves in gear and getting any/all of the deals lined up and done, let alone finding the money for then all.

Oh well, thought the young lads did ok again today, and the Hanley/Crouch piggy back and the Ped tackle on Kean were my highlights of the day!

Archived