BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City Preview

Special mention to Sîan Massey today.

She didn't have to deal with much controversy but that's probably because she got every decision spot on. Put a lot of her colleagues to shame in the process.

If she carries on like that, it's only a matter of time before she becomes the first top-level female ref.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

If only we were like Stoke, but Pedersen can't even reach the box with his throwins half of the time!!

I don't have anything against their direct style its the constant fouling then going down at the slightest touch that bothers me.

Crouch didn't concede one free kick despite fouling on nearly every ball yet goes down if a defender outjumps him and cons the ref into giving a free kick.

I had a disagreement with the guy in front of me about Crouch, I think we make him look a far better player than he actually is.

Those "talentless Stoke sh1ts out there today" won the game

what does that make us?

Talented losers ? It's the old adage, hoofball v Football. Mid table under Sam and everyone complaining or bottom like West Ham pushing the ball around. Kind of ironic that they went down playing Football and may come up with Sam.

At this moment I would take mid table but then beggars can't be choosers. It's a shame we can't play Subbuteo rules for Pedersen. I used to have a great thrown in and corner taker but I swapped the players around for the rest of the game.

we where poor today but we had a hell of lot of chances. overall play is poor. static is the best way to describe us. if we had have taken half of our chances it would have been 4

That is no good. We can't do that week in week out, no one can. In our position clean sheets are needed and the intellectual derelict in charge doesn't have a clue how to get them.

Special mention to Sîan Massey today.

She didn't have to deal with much controversy but that's probably because she got every decision spot on. Put a lot of her colleagues to shame in the process.

If she carries on like that, it's only a matter of time before she becomes the first top-level female ref.

Don't forget Wendy Toms

I had a disagreement with the guy in front of me about Crouch, I think we make him look a far better player than he actually is.

All too common that is, making players look well better than they are!

When did she referee a top level match?

Toms' highest domestic honour was being appointed as an assistant for the Football League Cup Final between Leicester City and Tranmere at Wembley on 27 February 2000, when the referee was Alan Wilkie. Leicester won this 2-1, with Toms indicating offside at one point to cause the Tranmere (and former Leicester) player David Kelly's "equalising goal" to be disallowed.She was also an assistant referee in two matches at the 2000 Olympic Games having been selected by FIFA to operate on their women's international list.

She took charge of the UEFA Women's Cup quarter-final first leg on 30 October 2003 between Brøndby IF of Denmark and Gomrukçu Baku of Azerbaijan, with the Danish side running out 9-0 winners.

Toms refereed one match at the 2005 UEFA Women's Championship in England. This was the Group B match at Deepdale in Preston on 6 June 2005, between France and Italy, which finished 3-1 to the French.

Can anyone explain how Petrovic is classed as a Premiership standard midfielder? I just don't get why we signed him, unless there were some bungs/agents/consultants fees/whatever that influenced the decision. He is slow. He telegraphs his passes. He doesn't compete for aerial balls. He doesn't tackle. WTF does he do well?

Referee got it wrong then we defended like clowns for the second goal. Apart from those crucial points, I thought we were close to getting something from the game today. A good attacking side will still take us apart at will.

We will never dominate or even compete in games with that midfield. Dunn n Peds are past it and slow,Big Rad needs a rocket up his arse,samed goes for Formica and N'Zonzi. The fans got behind the team. No excuses Pennywise. ######. ######. ######.

Couldn't agree more , it's the weakness in midfield, especially centre midfield that will see us go down. We''ve neither shape or balance and we don't work hard enough off the ball. You watch Barca with the players they've got and they still work like demons to get the ball back and then make options for the player in possession. We do none of these things.

Toms' highest domestic honour was being appointed as an assistant for the Football League Cup Final between Leicester City and Tranmere at Wembley on 27 February 2000, when the referee was Alan Wilkie. Leicester won this 2-1, with Toms indicating offside at one point to cause the Tranmere (and former Leicester) player David Kelly's "equalising goal" to be disallowed.She was also an assistant referee in two matches at the 2000 Olympic Games having been selected by FIFA to operate on their women's international list.

She took charge of the UEFA Women's Cup quarter-final first leg on 30 October 2003 between Brøndby IF of Denmark and Gomrukçu Baku of Azerbaijan, with the Danish side running out 9-0 winners.

Toms refereed one match at the 2005 UEFA Women's Championship in England. This was the Group B match at Deepdale in Preston on 6 June 2005, between France and Italy, which finished 3-1 to the French.

Anyone can copy from Wikipedia. You could have just said, "You're right, Jisty, Ms Massey can become the first top-level female referee". ;)

Anyone can copy from Wikipedia. You could have just said, "You're right, Jisty, Ms Massey can become the first top-level female referee". ;)

In my book as an ex referee, Wendy Toms was the first top level female referee. However, I do agree that Sian Massey is doing extremely well in her career and almost up to the standards of Darren Cann and Michael Mullarkey

I have a genuine question have we EVER done anything positive from one of Pedersen's "long throws"? Samba must cover more ground than anybody just going up for these pointless throws! I feel my pulse start getting faster as I see him arsing about with that bloody towel ... Breathe!

Bad performance, horrible game to watch, I think the silence from the fans at the end was quite fitting. I'm just sick and tired of teams walking into Ewood and back out without as much as a sweat being broken.

I have a genuine question have we EVER done anything positive from one of Pedersen's "long throws"? Samba must cover more ground than anybody just going up for these pointless throws! I feel my pulse start getting faster as I see him arsing about with that bloody towel ... Breathe!

No, is the answer is you're looking for.

A very poor performance , I have come to the conclusion our owners are just going to let us get relegated ...They have no duty of care towards BRFC ....

If they had , a new manager would have been appointed at the very latest after the Bolton debacle, and money would be made available in the window .Now it just appears to me the whole club have accept relegation as a matter of course ....

No point sacking Kean now , and he won't be sacked ...The players are just not good enpough to play at this level , we were well beaten today ...

In my book as an ex referee, Wendy Toms was the first top level female referee. However, I do agree that Sian Massey is doing extremely well in her career and almost up to the standards of Darren Cann and Michael Mullarkey

What level did you ref at and when did you hang up your whistle ? NB school matches don't count !!!

We've been discussing this where I sit for many a game and we concluded it has never been a useful tactic.

The trajectory is all wrong and it usually loops harmlessly into the box, giving the advantage to the defenders and keeper who are sending the ball back where it came from.

It's so difficult for a forward to do anything with that. They are nothing like Delap's much flatter and faster throws. I guess we are just hoping for a knock-down.

Good to know that the thought of Pedersen and a towel gets your pulse racing, though! :lol:

There's just no hope when a fan behind me today was arguing to give Kean a chance to see what he can do... ###### hell man we've been ###### for a year now. We simply do not know how to move the ball forward and create space, simple as that!

Archived