BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City Preview

I think we played some neat football and stood much higher in the pitch than we did last year. This is what I like to see.

The commentators were actually enjoying the game and praising it. Nothing like you would expect of a game between Rovers and Stoke were the exact words.

How Stoke had 96% against ours 4% in one part of the game was on the other hand baffling!

It is all about results not pretty football, especially when you are in a relegation battle.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Relegation battle is what we are in - when will SK realise this?

We need 11 players on the pitch who will give their all for the club. Hughes signed Mokoena to shut up shop and had the likes of Dickov to chase everything.

Every team this season has had FAR to much respect, time, space and no pressure on them. The tactics are totally non-existent and Ewood Parl is simply a place to come a collect your 3 points.

Under SK we have passengers. Petrovic being the worst of a bad bunch. For Stoke's second he could have easily helped Henley out. instead he decided to jog back with no motivation or desired outcome. THEN ONCE THE BALL is in the back of the net he claps his hands. JOKE!

That was Never going to happen In a month of Sundays. They bought this club to make money and that's exactly what they are doing.

Who knows what is in their minds and waht will happen should the Prem money diappear BUT I've heard from good sources that their primary intention for BRFC was as a cheap advertising tool in order to market their chicken products.

The tactics for this game were terrible, he played basically 4,5,1 at home, even with 5 somewhere in midfield there was nobody

in front of Lowe leaving him constantly exposed. At least one goal came from this. Yakubu was left on his own playing against

at least three defenders. When he went to 4,4,2 we looked a better side immediately, and scored a goal. Kean is being outthought

by more experienced managers against not much better opponents. The results against Liverpool and United were tremendous

unfortunately the tactics employed against Stoke undid all the good work. If the likes of Samba,hoillet, robinson go in the

transfer window things will get a lot worse. :angry2:

Totally agree, but many posters are blasting the way we played. This was only a respond to that.

I think we deserved a result as well.

steve kean thought we played better in the 2nd half than we did in the 1st.. :blink:

i thought we were much better in the 1st (we only started playing in the 2nd when we got a goal back!)

decent display going forward and we will score goals.. sadly our poor midfield who dont defend, tackle or press and our defence conceding poor goals - means scoring is mostly all in vain.

desperate for 2 fullbacks, a midfield general.. (to play alongside lowe in centre mid..) and another goalscorer to help the yak share the goalscoring responsibilities.

im amazed that we are still intouch with those above us.. a silver lining to ease the anguish i felt yesterday.

steve kean thought we played better in the 2nd half than we did in the 1st.. :blink:

i thought we were much better in the 1st (we only started playing in the 2nd when we got a goal back!)

decent display going forward and we will score goals.. sadly our poor midfield who dont defend, tackle or press and our defence conceding poor goals - means scoring is mostly all in vain.

desperate for 2 fullbacks, a midfield general.. (to play alongside lowe in centre mid..) and another goalscorer to help the yak share the goalscoring responsibilities.

im amazed that we are still intouch with those above us.. a silver lining to ease the anguish i felt yesterday.

Allardyce was sacked 12 months ago so at least you got what you wished for Zacc, how do you think I feel? Lets not have any complaints eh? I don't think the more knowledgeable WHU fans will have too much to complain about at the moment.

Allardyce was sacked 12 months ago so at least you got what you wished for Zacc, how do you think I feel? Lets not have any complaints eh? I don't think the more knowledgeable WHU fans will have too much to complain about at the moment.

dear god, not this again.......

Everybody now knows what became increasingly apparent within a few weeks of that bald ###### being appointed to replace a proper manager that BRFC would have to score 3 to win.

I seem to remember something similar happening under Ince.

You know, that useless tube who would rather play golf than take coaching badges. Who used to doss while others took training, who take players out on the razz etc.

Definite feeling of deja vu given that Kean seems to be similarly lenient with the players, and our fitness is not so good now.

The difference being this time that we won't sack him.

Winning comes first, second and third. Nice football is an after-thought. History only remembers the winners.

From what I've seen from Lowe so far we need something better in midfield. He keeps it easy so he does ok filling in at RB.

What sort of side are we?? We were a team with an identity crisis yesterday. Sometimes we passed it sometimes went long but didn't look comfortable doing either. Stoke werent brilliant yesterday but every player has a role and they stick to it.

Pedersons has the shortest long throw in premier league history yet we continue to use it. Every throw landed about two yards from Sorensons front post yet we were stood around the penalty spot. At times Soronson was catching the ball chest height with no pressure on him at all.

I don't care whether we play long ball like Stoke or passing Football like Swansea but we must decide on a style and stick to it. I love Rochina but if we are going to put Samba up front and go long there is little point in bringing Rochina on as his style is to play it into feet.

I think the Rovers fans were great yesterday. We backed the lads from start to finish when at 2-0 it wouldve been easy to turn on Kean.

You are a broken record Drog.

'Venky's should not have sacked Allardyce and hired Steve Kean' why don't you put that on your sig, it would give your ego a boost and maybe enable you to stop turning every thread into a Sam Allardyce one :rolleyes:

'Venky's should not have sacked Allardyce and hired Steve Kean' why don't you put that on your sig, it would give your ego a boost and maybe enable you to stop turning every thread into a Sam Allardyce one :rolleyes:

The truth can never be repeated often enough imy. <_<

'Venky's should not have sacked Allardyce and hired Steve Kean' why don't you put that on your sig,

I doubt he would put it on his signature because it's incorrect.

Venky's should not have sacked Sam Allardyce.

End of sentence and end of story.

How about a compromise?

Venkys should have sacked Sam and hired a competent replacement ;)

That is what most people said but the obtuse amongst us refuse to acknowledge.

I doubt he would put it on his signature because it's incorrect.

Venky's should not have sacked Sam Allardyce.

End of sentence and end of story.

Some posters have put incorrect information on sigs before ;)

Well you said we'd be relegated under Sam...so you can't continue to have it both ways and attempt to rewrite history.

How about a compromise?

Any body with even a single solitary brain cell would have waited until the summer for a mutually agreed parting of the ways.

Sadly we are dealing with complete and utter ###### cretins.

How about a compromise?

Or a true reflection of what they actually wanted:

Let's sack Sam and take a gamble on a poor squad trying to play football in the style of the new Arsenal, while we also gamble with the clubs future, because the truth is we just don't know who we'll finish up with.

How about a compromise?

That would make sense only if Sam were incompetent.

By any reasonable measure, he was not.

How about a compromise? Venky's sell up and Kean leaves, and I stop playing with my voodoo dolls and big knives.

I’ve had enough now.

The instructions given to the players and the set up and organization of the team are non-existant.

Football is a simple game plated by simple players organized in the main by simple managers. Let’s face it most managers struggle to string a coherent sentence together let alone put a powerpoint presentation together or do a vlookup. The media let them get away with this lack of intelligence by asking inane questions such as “do you think it was a penalty” or “how much did you need that win today”. Why not ask them proper technical questions about their team’s failure, or would that just show up the ineptitude of both the media and the managers.

The most important person at the football club is the manager. A great deal of research and investigation is required before their appointment or disaster follows. Even the diligent Williams admitted he had not looked in to Ince’s actual input and professionalism at his previous club but at least was quick to realise his mistake. Being positive is not a good reason to appoint someone as manager of a team unless you are under 11’s. OK DESAI.

By the time Tony Field left Ewood I and some other members on here had forgotten more about football than the stupid Indian woman will ever know.

I'm not being funny but most of the managers I have met are far from simple. Just because they don't have an eduction doesn't make them thick and if they are a top player then, they are also generally not thick. Intelligence comes in many forms and ones ability to put together a power-point presentation doesn't reflect on that at all. My father IQ is almost as high as mine and yet he doesn't even know how to open Internet explorer and freaks out when a pop-up appears. Think your being a bit harsh on them (IE real managers).

Any body with even a single solitary brain cell would have waited until the summer for a mutually agreed parting of the ways.

Strange move if you consider Venky's lack of spending power.

Why shell out £2m compo when the man would leave for zero in six months?

No doubt Mr. Aaaanderson convinced them they'd recoup the money with that Champions League place.

Archived