BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Atmosphere against Stoke

• Backroom

I'm not talking about Kean though when the game kicks off its down to the team mainly, a young team in which confidence can have a huge swing.

If we go behind and Kean doesn't act to rectify it he will get both barrels but from the start I imagine it will be full support for the 11 on the pitch and no mention of him

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not talking about Kean though when the game kicks off its down to the team mainly, a young team in which confidence can have a huge swing.

I'm not saying fans WON'T back the team, I'm saying fans are emphasizing that point because they believe one win will change our season. Kean has proven in any circumstance (fan backing or no) that he isn't a PL manager. So, yes, I believe some fans will come back to reality come tomorrow.

I can sort of see Topman's point but this isn't about backing Steve Kean, being overly positive or ignoring the last year. The only way we are going to get out of this downward spiral (at least at home) is for the fans to back the team 100%. It has to be that way from now on during the game. Shout what you like at the end...

I'm not saying fans WON'T back the team, I'm saying fans are emphasizing that point because they believe one win will change our season. Kean has proven in any circumstance (fan backing or no) that he isn't a PL manager. So, yes, I believe some fans will come back to reality come tomorrow.

True, but we as a whole have to play our part and give the team every encouragement tomorrow.

I can sort of see Topman's point but this isn't about backing Steve Kean, being overly positive or ignoring the last year. The only way we are going to get out of this downward spiral (at least at home) is for the fans to back the team 100%. It has to be that way from now on during the game. Shout what you like at the end...

The players have been backed by the vast majority so far this season.

The players have been backed by the vast majority so far this season.

Booing them off at half-time isn't backing them. Shouting for Steve Kean's head during the game isn't backing them. The only people who can keep this club in the Premier League are the players. 100% support means no Kean out shouts during the game.

Kean should not be the manager and beating Man Utd should not mask that fact.

However the freak result (the kind that will not save us) seems to have bought him quite a bit of breathing room amongst the more fickle of our fans.

Kean Out chants for me tomorrow :brfcsmilie:

Bugger, did we not get any points for that win then??

If we go behind and Kean doesn't act to rectify it he will get both barrels but from the start I imagine it will be full support for the 11 on the pitch and no mention of him

I think we are between a rock and a hard place. If it is true that venkys are not prepared to put money into the club. Then the club cannot afford to sack Kean. Because sacking and funding a replacemnt costs money. Without venkys putting money into the club, would mean the only way to sack and replace kean would be to sell players.

Sadly venkys are not going. Like it or not we are stuck with them. Even if venkys decided to sell the club, there are no buyers. So they are staying.

Financial restraints mean it looks like Kean may 'have' to stay. Though I am not fully convinced that this is the situation. Though I am hoping they (venkys) enjoyed the match and result v man U so much they review the funding situation. Sadly cannot hold my breath on that, but!

To bring more players in, rovers have to sell first.

Basically we are in the trenches and have to battle to stay in the premiership against all the odds. This means we are dependant upon the players winning matches and keeping us in the prem. Remaining in the prem, helps the financial situation. Relegation, kills us.

I believe supporters have to be the 12th man and get behind the players for 90mins, every match. Doing that does not mean we do not want venkys / Kean out. Just means we are in such a desperate situation that we have to hope the players do their part. Sadly we have to live with the fact that we are stuck with them.

Wear the yellow t-shirts / scarves etc - just as man u supporters wear their green & yellow anti - glazers scarves.

I do believe we have a reasonable good young squad. That although needs additions to it. Is capable of keep us in the prem. Remaining in the premiership is the only hope this club has. Neither venkys or kean can achieve this. It is all down to the players and the supporters. If this acheived, Kean will take the credit - it is what he does. But supporters and players would know, where the real credit really belongs.

Everyone wants Kean out. No doubts there, 2 good results don't make up for a whole year of rubbish. However todays squad is going to be buzzing after the last 2 results. We need to be collecting points against teams at home, best thing to do today would be to hold off the boos and kean out chants, back the team fully with chants and songs and try and use the buzz the squad has to get 3 points. Even if we go behind.

Then protest after.

Fully agree Davul, the fans have to give 100% backing to a young team who are short on confidence. What positives they have gleaned from the win at OT would be knocked out of them the moment the fans start shouting negative chants, and in this I include Kean Out or Venky's Out.

It was mentioned earlier that the fans have given support, well I can honestly say that is not what I have witnessed. It is a scenario where it appears the majority want the opposition to score so that they can legitimately shout abuse.

Be positive, there is nothing you or I can do to change what Venky's do so it is important to remember, 'We are the Rovers'

I can see where your coming from Topman, it looks like the fans are just being fickle after the last 2 games. I still don't support Kean as manager and I would love it if he was sacked tomorrow.

However, regardless of our opinions on Kean, we are still in a serious relegation battle. I, like everyone else want Rovers to stay in the premier league. My opinion is that after 2 good results, with the players on a high and coming into a tough home game, we should give 100% support to the players for the best chance of getting 3 points.

Still doesn't change the fact I want rid of kean asap, I just see this as an opportunity to back the team at a good time with the momentum of the last 2 results.

Fully agree Davul, the fans have to give 100% backing to a young team who are short on confidence. What positives they have gleaned from the win at OT would be knocked out of them the moment the fans start shouting negative chants, and in this I include Kean Out or Venky's Out.

It was mentioned earlier that the fans have given support, well I can honestly say that is not what I have witnessed. It is a scenario where it appears the majority want the opposition to score so that they can legitimately shout abuse.

Be positive, there is nothing you or I can do to change what Venky's do so it is important to remember, 'We are the Rovers'

Absolutely not intended as a personal criticism, Riv, but is there any chance all of us could synonyms for the word 'positive'? 'Supportive' or something like that? It's just that the recent over-exposure to 'positive' from a certain Glaswegian's mouth means that I now seem to have this nauseous allergic reaction every time I hear or read it!

Absolutely not intended as a personal criticism, Riv, but is there any chance all of us could synonyms for the word 'positive'? 'Supportive' or something like that? It's just that the recent over-exposure to 'positive' from a certain Glaswegian's mouth means that I now seem to have this nauseous allergic reaction every time I hear or read it!

I agree. I read through my last post and realised I was lapsing into Keanspeak. It's all a bit like 1984.

It's simple, Venky's will never sack him, never.

I can see him now in the Championship, being 'positive' about the signings of Rob Hulse and Steve Howard and how they are 'going to hit the ground running' and 'fire us up the table'

Do we scream 'Kean Out' for the rest of the season? Or do we go after the organ grinders?

Ok Ewood, I get the reprimand.....

No more use of the word 'p-----e'

The screaming at Kean is at best counterproductive and at the other end, useless. Screaming abuse at the ground is pointless as the paymasters are 4000 miles away. Use the internet and the post to send protests to them. Ewood is our home and out castle, lets make it that way again.

I am no 'Kean fan' far from it but I am a committed rovers fan and will support my team irrespective of who owns it.

The screaming at Kean is at best counterproductive and at the other end, useless. Screaming abuse at the ground is pointless as the paymasters are 4000 miles away. Use the internet and the post to send protests to them. Ewood is our home and out castle, lets make it that way again.

I am no 'Kean fan' far from it but I am a committed rovers fan and will support my team irrespective of who owns it.

Ah so you're the one who's been sending all those nasty emails about that nice Mr Kean. They said it was just a handful of people - we've outed one :xmas:

so your prepared to sit silently and watch us die?

ALL FANS NEED TO GET BEHIND THE TEAM TODAY!!!

FORGET KEAN AND THE OWNERS!!!

WE ALL NEED TO UNITE BEHIND THE TEAM AND CHEER THEM ON TO WIN TODAY!!!

IF WE WIN TODAY WE GET OUT OF THE BOTTOM THREE TODAY!!!

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!! :D

RAWR!!!

A win and we are right back in the fight for survival.

Match day protests will not remove Kean, they have to stop now that we have a chance of rescuing this.

We will be vilified in every corner if protests happen on the back of two excellent results

I'm with le chuck entirely on this, everyone else will see us as "Deserving" delegation, despite the facts, so we need to back the team 100%, and from the off.

We also need The Yak to have his shooting boots on again.

I don't have any issues with giving it to the chicken pluckers later on though, they still deserve everything that will come their way eventually, once the spot light remains away from Kean, more and more media will scrutinise their conduct thus far.

We need to beat this lot today and the players deserve our support after their last 2 games, end of.

I don't think I've read anywhere, from any poster that Kean or Venky's should be given more time. The point some posters seem to be deliberately missing is that a lot of Rovers fans can see a light at the end of the tunnel regarding avoiding relegation, which is by far the overwhelming priority. They are simply saying, create a positive atmosphere during the game to try to give the players confidence! Nothing else!

Stoke City are renowned for creating a 'couldron' atmosphere, thats what is required. 3 points today and we're back in the mix, who'd have contemplated that scenario 8 games ago? So, please don't mistake a rise in optimism regarding Rovers premiership survival with a change of opinion in the way the club is being so poorly managed.

Archived