BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Atmosphere against Stoke

What I have noticed and I'm not sure if its been mentioned on other threads so forgive me, but after the West Brom game the media where starting to note how bad Rovers where and that S K was well out of his depth and needed replacing..

Straight after the Bolton game where S K got at lot of "abuse" from the crowd the media changed their minds and jumped on the bandwagon with the other Prem Managers and said he needed time and it was the fault of the fans that we were in the position that we were in (Or part of the reason).

This just makes me think that if we want Kean out, and I do, the protest within the ground do nothing more than give him back up from the people who are listened to (Reporters,Managers etc)and make the supporters the bad boys!

This is just my thoughts!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I have noticed and I'm not sure if its been mentioned on other threads so forgive me, but after the West Brom game the media where starting to note how bad Rovers where and that S K was well out of his depth and needed replacing..

Straight after the Bolton game where S K got at lot of "abuse" from the crowd the media changed their minds and jumped on the bandwagon with the other Prem Managers and said he needed time and it was the fault of the fans that we were in the position that we were in (Or part of the reason).

This just makes me think that if we want Kean out, and I do, the protest within the ground do nothing more than give him back up from the people who are listened to (Reporters,Managers etc)and make the supporters the bad boys!

This is just my thoughts!!!

[/quote

You could well be right but how else do you suggest supporters get their voice heard. This, you see, is the problem. Protesting after a match unlesss it's a mass protest by everyone who has been to the match and has decided they have had enough, gets little or no publicity.

If I was there I would definitely NOT do anything anti Kean or any form of booing. Thnigs are so delicately balanced right now this match is huge for us. All forms of protest should be in the form of anti Venky chanting. 100% support for the lads. Come on let's face it Kean is here as long as Venky are. We have to cut the head off the snake. Get them out the rest will follow. We could be portrayed as proper idiots too if we go with Kean vitriol today after the win at OT. COYB

I don't think I've read anywhere, from any poster that Kean or Venky's should be given more time. The point some posters seem to be deliberately missing is that a lot of Rovers fans can see a light at the end of the tunnel regarding avoiding relegation, which is by far the overwhelming priority. They are simply saying, create a positive atmosphere during the game to try to give the players confidence! Nothing else!

Stoke City are renowned for creating a 'couldron' atmosphere, thats what is required. 3 points today and we're back in the mix, who'd have contemplated that scenario 8 games ago? So, please don't mistake a rise in optimism regarding Rovers premiership survival with a change of opinion in the way the club is being so poorly managed.

Very well put. Good post.

It's simple, Venky's will never sack him, never.

I can see him now in the Championship, being 'positive' about the signings of Rob Hulse and Steve Howard and how they are 'going to hit the ground running' and 'fire us up the table'

Do we scream 'Kean Out' for the rest of the season? Or do we go after the organ grinders?

Organ grinders 100% and exclusively.

I've been saying this for weeks. It is NOT fickle to give the Kean-out protests a rest during the game. They've been counter-productive since Swansea. BarryMaffia has it spot on.

The less excuse independent observers have to peddle the Kean sympathy angle, the more they'll start asking questions and directing attention on Venky's terrible stewardship and the muppets record. As they'll never sack him on our say so and/or why he's soaking up all the flack for them this is actually better in the long run.

I would never begrudge anybody who considers that view and still wants to protest, that is their right but colouring said view as being fickle, "doing nothing", or "happy clapping" is deliberately missing the point.

• Backroom

Topman - what will you be doing at the game then? Backing them in the hope we can get out of it or something else?

Seems like there is only one way to me, it doesnt change much but the last 2 games gave us a glimmer of hope where before there was none

I thought the fans were magnificent today. No way can Kean use that as an excuse now.

I'm not worried though, he'll find another one. Probably the referee.

atmosphere was awful today, if not protessting is the way forward then the stadium needs to be turned into a couldran of noise for 90mins.

Todays atmosphere was one of resignation. The crowd knows Kean is here to stay and it also knows the team is not good enough either and will be relegated. The crowd also know we WILL lose our next home game 1-2 against Fulham

I thought the fans were magnificent today. No way can Kean use that as an excuse now.

I'm not worried though, he'll find another one. Probably the referee.

Todays game certainly blew braddocks theory out of the water.

Todays atmosphere was one of resignation. The crowd knows Kean is here to stay and it also knows the team is not good enough either and will be relegated. The crowd also know we WILL lose our next home game 1-2 against Fulham

Agreed , it was like watching a re run of Casablanca , we all know the ending and can do nothing about it ! Except cry !

+1

I've had a few scoops and realise that as I go back to Australia in 2 days I will never see Rovers in the top flight again, Got my angry head on, sorry.

DGS,turn your anger towards the Roa's..the folk wholly responsible for this mess.

atmosphere was awful today, if not protessting is the way forward then the stadium needs to be turned into a couldran of noise for 90mins.

Rovers fans have never been ones to rock Ewood for 90 mins.

The fans didn't boo or abuse Kean throughout when really they would have been justified in doing so.

We gave him the benefit of the doubt after 2 well earned results.

DGS talks about going back to Oz and never seeing Rovers in the top flight again. I worry about whether I'll see a (Rovers) victory at Ewood ever again,

All I can say is I'm glad Mark Hughes was in charge when my lad started going to watch Rovers. If this was his first year, he'd have lost interest by now. :( Sad but true.

Archived