BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Atmosphere against Stoke

OK I take the back the team 100% attitude.

However should the team get full support and turn in ANOTHER performance like Wolves, Bolton, West Brom etc .. where will we stand next game. He had support last year and early season and did bugger all with it.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back the team 100% during the game. Venky's are fair game before, at halftime and after. If we happen to go a goal up, a few renditions of "One nil, and we want Venky's out" will go down nicely too.

"Kean out" during games will be completely ineffective for the rest of the season, win or lose so it's pointless doing it. By all means give him some stick if he makes (yet more) bad decisions but for the most part I think he's best left ignored. Save the ire for the owners. It's the only realistic way to be rid of him anyhow.

Tomorrow it's about getting completely behind what will be a young team. I agree that the Kean Out message is probably futile and it is Venkys' who should face the wrath of the fans. But even so, the negativity should probably be left outside tomorrow and the focus be solely on positive vibes.

PS: To everyone who went to Old Trafford yesterday (not me by the way, I was in Chester dancing for joy and kicking every ball through BBC updates on my phone), you deserve the experience you got for being willing to fork out the cash and even bother going given recent form! I hope you all couldn't get the smile off your faces on NYE! :D:tu:

Tomorrow has gone from little interest to big game. Let's provide the required atmosphere :brfcsmilie:

I think it will be a postive atmosphere until we go behind in which case it will turn.

Which is how it always will be.

All these posts saying 'Rovers fans should do this that and the other tomorrow' are pointless, fans will react as events on the field dictate.

But simply because that happens does that necessarily make it the right action?

After the game is more understandable but when there is a game still there to be won it seems strange to further add to the blow of conceding by failing to offer a much needed morale lift to the players.

• Moderation Lead

If people do want to protest do so against Venkys. As much as I want Kean out we will look like Dingles asking for his head after the last 2 results.

+1

I think we could look very foolish shouting Kean Out after the last two games. A defeat would give an even greater excuse for Kean to blame the fans.

Unfortunately what would normally be two great results have been tarnished by the results to date.

I for one am not excited by the two results. I will wait and see where we are after the Stoke, Fulham and Everton games and the close of the transfer window.

If we are not out of the relegation zone at the end of January with a stronger squad then the results will mean nothing.

Consequently fans will react as the games develop which will be either good or bad.

Kean should not be the manager and beating Man Utd should not mask that fact.

However the freak result (the kind that will not save us) seems to have bought him quite a bit of breathing room amongst the more fickle of our fans.

Kean Out chants for me tomorrow :brfcsmilie:

Kean should not be the manager and beating Man Utd should not mask that fact.

However the freak result (the kind that will not save us) seems to have bought him quite a bit of breathing room amongst the more fickle of our fans.

Kean Out chants for me tomorrow :brfcsmilie:

It's not about being fickle it's about focussing the energy of the fans in a productive way i.e at the Stoke team as a few others have said.

You crack on with your Kean chants,hopefully you'll be in a small minority.

Really? So you're ignoring all the 'We need to back the team!' comments sparked by the win at OT?

So you are saying we don't need to back the team?

Do you really see your support as so inconsequential? Or will it only make a difference if you are supporting a cause filled with hate?

So you are saying we don't need to back the team?

Do you really see your support as so inconsequential? Or will it only make a difference if you are supporting a cause filled with hate?

I'm saying that people are only coming out with these comments now we've won at OT.

Top marks for effort, tho. ;)

It's not about being fickle it's about focussing the energy of the fans in a productive way i.e at the Stoke team as a few others have said.

You crack on with your Kean chants,hopefully you'll be in a small minority.

The chances of us getting a third stuttering team on the trot is remote. Rovers starting the game in the usual disarray and falling behind will be the slap needed.

I'm sure the placating feeling of a win at Old Trafford will warm the memories of a few fans as they stand by the burning pyre of a once fine football club but Kean has had 12 months and has not even fallen short of the standard required. He's like a ship finding itself in the pacific when it was aiming for the atlantic

• Backroom

Really? So you're ignoring all the 'We need to back the team!' comments sparked by the win at OT?

The way I see it is the lads will be buzzing and negativity from the start tomorrow could take that right out of them and make them nervous.

Nothing fickle about that as someone else suggested.

The way I see it is the lads will be buzzing and negativity from the start tomorrow could take that right out of them and make them nervous.

Nothing fickle about that as someone else suggested.

Because they believe it will make a difference.

Have we learned NOTHING from Mr. Kean?

Archived