BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's willing to sell?

Wonder what odds yuou can get for Venkys to never again turn up to a Blackburn match?

Surely it would be better to buy whilst we still have a talented squad. Although it would be cheaper to buy if the value of the club was small, it would cost a lot of money to build the squad up again. Better to pay more for the club and spend less building up the squad. If/when we go down, if we kept the majority of the squad together then we will have a very good championship team.

You say we wil have a very good championsip side, but we will still have kean, he couldnt even beat cardiff...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face it they've got us by the balls and are refusing to let go. The only thing they are giving us extra is a painful squeeze now and again.

The only people enjoying this are the masochists amongst us (you know who you are).

Wonder what odds yuou can get for Venkys to never again turn up to a Blackburn match?

You say we wil have a very good championsip side, but we will still have kean, he couldnt even beat cardiff...

The first thing any new investor would do is sack Steve Kean. Kean is here as long as Venky's are here. But when Venky's leave, Kean will soon follow. Along with quite a few others I would suspect - Agnew, Simon Hunt, Vineeth etc etc

The first thing any new investor would do is sack Steve Kean. Kean is here as long as Venky's are here. But when Venky's leave, Kean will soon follow. Along with quite a few others I would suspect - Agnew, Simon Hunt, Vineeth etc etc

It would be like winning the league again for me.

It would be like winning the league again for me.

It will be better than that. We would have our club back again where the fans actually matter. Big changes are needed at this club. I'd get rid of most of the current board and reinstate some of the old ones. I'm sure JW and TF didn't want to leave in the first place. They just simply had no power anymore.

Let's face it they've got us by the balls and are refusing to let go. The only thing they are giving us extra is a painful squeeze now and again.

Haha, what a great way of putting it. Even if i did make me wince!

The clubs value will drop if/when we go down and Venkys will want their cash back, so what are we expecting a fire sale to make up the shortfall in cash and flog us off to any old mug?

Listen to Ian Battersby in the Podcast. He says he would be in a position to put a proposal together, probably with a consortium of business contacts.

There would be buyers out there.

Wishful thinking?

If it was that simple, why didn't Battersby & co purchase the club when the Trust were scrambling around for takers?

Wishful thinking?

If it was that simple, why didn't Battersby & co purchase the club when the Trust were scrambling around for takers?

No idea. That is a question I would like to put to the two ian's. Perhaps at the time they didnt want to buy a football club. It is a huge commitment buying a club and we were doing relatively well under the trust so probably didnt have any urgency to buy the club then. And when billionaire owners came along in venkys, it looked as though we had found good owners.

Now is completely different. We are in a mess and its unlikely anyone else will want to buy us.

Venky's have wrecked our club. Instead of an investment maybe he sees it as a rescue mission.

I think you're right. He did say in the podcast he would see it as his duty to step in if venkys decided to sell.

Maybe they see the asking price as being significanly less now?

After all how much is a car with no engine worth?

I think its more to do with just being a passionate rovers fan and wanting to get the club back on its feet. If we go down, the price to buy will be lower but that will be offset by the amount of money needed to keep the squad together esp without premier lge money

I think you're right. He did say in the podcast he would see it as his duty to step in if venkys decided to sell.

That's certainly something to cling on to. Total regime change. Actual fan(s) owning the club again. I'm realistic to know there wouldn't be loads of dough to spend on players,but at least they'd have our best interests at heart!

That's certainly something to cling on to. Total regime change. Actual fan(s) owning the club again. I'm realistic to know there wouldn't be loads of dough to spend on players,but at least they'd have our best interests at heart!

I think they would be fantastic owners. They support rovers, currie has been at a very high level on the bolton board so know hows to run a club. Their communication with fans would be great. The only question mark would be over funding. Im sure they have good contacts though and know how much it costs to run a club. They are no mugs. So, to sum up, the complete opposite of venkys

It's the ONLY thing we have left to cling on too...the hope that one day not too far away,this club will be back in safe hands.

Within a year is my prediction. Unfortunately, we won't be a prem club then but I'd take the championship and good owners over premiership and venkys.

We HAVE to get a new owner in before the summer. Crown jewells will be sold by Venky's when we go down. So vital something is done before then.

We need the two Ian's to save us! Put a bid in Currie/Battersby.

Doubt if they have that kind of money.

1328207205[/url]' post='1221097']

The love affair Venkys had for a club is well and truly over. We are being trimmed and primed for a sale.

This is quickly turning into a salvage operation.

Parachute payment and run off is the exit plan.

Why does everyone say that? It is not that simple, and never was.

First off, the parachute payments don't come in a lump sum at the start of the season, they are paid out on the same schedule as the TV money is, which if I remember correctly is paid out in four spaced out intervals throughout the year.

Second, so long as the debt of the club is larger than the total of the first year's parachute payments (£16m total first year) there is no way Barclay's would ever allow that money out of the club, so Venkys would have to cook up a way to make it disappear somehow. Even in the event of a sale, as said, since the cash isn't a lump sum payment, anything that does come in will need to be used to pay for the day to day operating costs of the club, such as wages, maintenance, utilities, operating accounts payable, etc. etc.

It's not just a check written out to Mrs. Desai for £16m on August 1st.

I personally believe that Mrs. D has been in crisis mode trying to gain back some modicum of control over costs that were spun out of proportion during last year's January transfer window when we had an agent sleeping at the training ground extending contracts and signing players with strange appearance clauses, outrageous agent fees, and other such things that heightened the wage bill and other expenses far more than anticipated, and played a large part in creating the huge loss we sustained in 2011. I think that this agent had more the ear of the brothers, who up until the the summer, seemed to have free reign to make some decisions, but then when it was clear that the accounts were all of the sudden spiraling out of control compared to the original business plan, Mrs. D began a ruthless campaign to try to bring balance to the books again.

The problem was that the damage had already been done. In order to bring expenses back in line, she was required to rid the club of many of its best playing assets, or at least refuse to allow the ridiculous contract clauses to come into effect, resulting in effectively he same thing. She was required to reevaluate transfer policy in the face of bank pressure keeping an eagle eye on the club's activities, while at he same time doing her best to salvage the squad following a revised budget that included transfer trading at a net profit AND lowering the current and projected wage bill to pre January 2011 levels. NOT an easy task. I believe she has put a gag order out on her two idiot brothers, so they will not make things worse than they already are.

I feel that Mrs. D also has the added challenge of not knowing what the hell she is doing, with no knowledge of how the football business works, and what it requires. She sadly had already sanctioned the forcing out of all the people in the club that could have helped her, and in their absence has reverted to running the business with a structure that she knows has worked for her in her other subsidiaries, but which is incredibly lacking and useless given that she has equated the first team manager's position with a subsidiary-manager's position, especially considering who that manager is. She has from the start advocated using people who she already knows and who she sees as not having let her down in the past, even though these people may have absolutely no experience in football either, such as their Brazilian employee who came over for absolutely no reason in this transfer window. (he maintained his 100% failure record, either naming players who were not signed, or in the case of Ribiero, successfully bringing to the club useless wage drainage with no hope of featuring in the Premier League)

In the face of all of this Mrs. D scorned the input of those who would only have tried to help her, including a base of very loyal supporters, sponsors, community leader, and political figures, and Mr. Kean, seeking to endear himself further and cement his newly found powerful and high paying position, backed her with very public statements echoing that same scorn for popular and public opinion that further alienated the club from its very own supporter base and the entire community it occupies.

I feel that all the lies we as supporters have been told by Venkys, Kean, and a player agency representative have been a direct result of this rift in relationship, and not wanting to let anyone come in and say, "I told you so!" While not exactly sticking their heads in the sand, the ownership has put their head down and plowed ahead dead-set on taking their own council on how to go forward. In the process, they have destabilized the club, unsettled and alienated the senior playing staff for the most part, alienated the fans and the community at large beyond any hope of reconciliation, and devalued the club as an asset to the point that they may actually have to give it away if relegation comes calling.

This is very, very bad for us, because in these situations, even if the club does not go into administration, the likelyhood of a true asset stripping owner coming in like a circling vulture becomes a very real risk, and the possibility of the club ending up another Leeds, Portsmouth, Darlington, etc. increases dramatically.

I feel it is very unlikely that Venkys will own Rovers one way or another next season, especially if we get relegated. The question is, what kind of owner will we have? Will we just cross our fingers and hope that someone comes to our rescue? Will we plead to the gods to bring us a savior, Jack's second coming, or will we actually do something positive to take matters into our own hands, and try to save the club that we love?

They ARE forming a business exit plan.

As a person who runs a multi million pound turnover company, I know people way out of their depth when I see them!

This company are, and will execute a textbook plan to leave this club with everything they can grab.

They have proved underhand in the past. A leopard rarely changes it's spots!!!!

Daddy can't help them now ?

Archived