BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's willing to sell?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Senn rumours but how many of those have we seen over the past year.

But perhaps now they realise they were sold down the river by Kentaro. Don't think they realised how much much money you need to spend and that you can't make a profit from it. I wouldn't be too surprised if they weren't here in a years time. But a buyer has to be found first.

Too late - allegedly, they had chance a few weeks ago and the boat sailed.

IMO, these selfish clowns have now been woken from their slumbers and realise what a mess they have made of our club.

In a way, I hope they lose every penny that they've 'invested' in us.

Too late - allegedly, they had chance a few weeks ago and the boat sailed.

IMO, these selfish clowns have now been woken from their slumbers and realise what a mess they have made of our club.

In a way, I hope they lose every penny that they've 'invested' in us.

Well that's nought then.

Sell Samba and hoilet then exit with a bit of money.

Sell Samba and Hoillett and then limp on for another 12 months without being able to find a buyer if probably more correct. If Venky's really do want to sell they are faced with the same problem as the Walker Trust - who is going to buy ? "Investors" with tens of millions of spare cash to spend on a middling English provincial football club are thin on the ground and remember also it took mighty Liverpool years to find suitable wealthy owners to replace Gillett and Hicks. The more likely scenario is Venky's will be forced to continue for some considerable time as owners of an "asset" they no longer want and will continue to starve of much-needed cash. When Rovers have sunk to the old fourth division or lower a local consortium might then be able to make some sort of a buy-out at a fire-sale price.

Someone mentioned to me last night that having spoken to some of the Walker family at a party recently, that the Venky's haven't payed the Walkers trust all the money they are due. Anyone out there know about this, and any implications this may have on any future sale of the club?

If there is any truth to this rumour surely its got to be a good thing, somehow getting rid of the venkys has got to be a step

in the right direction as long as a more capable football related owner/s can be found. Maybe a local consortium of fans/business

people can be assembled, after the transfer window the club cant be worth much surely. :(

If the Qataris were genuine bidders then why have they not purchased another club?

IF we are for sale then surely they would come back and put in a bid- I think they are 'tyre kickers.'

I didn't believe there was a Qatari bid at the time and I still don't. A few people kicking stones about and the odd person thinking he's far more a player than he is IMO.

No news really.

At the end of the day, everything is for sale at the right price.

The owners said the club wasn't for sale at any price! So "yes" if true, this is news----big news and welcome.

Maybe the protests have achieved something?

I didn't believe there was a Qatari bid at the time and I still don't. A few people kicking stones about and the odd person thinking he's far more a player than he is IMO.

I completely agree with this. I would love to be proved wrong but we were assured that they would immediately move on and buy another club. Also, nothing at all was reported in the media. If they wanted us, they would have let the press know as that would have cranked up the pressure on Venky's to sell.

If the Qataris were genuine bidders then why have they not purchased another club?

IF we are for sale then surely they would come back and put in a bid- I think they are 'tyre kickers.'

Yup. With their reported wealth, what's the hold up? How long did it take Sheik Mansour to takeover City?

They were never serious bidders. If they were, Venky's would have sold up. Pure and simple.

No quotes and no evidence to back it up....nonesense!

When you had that conversation with Kean back in August, round about the transfer window, that you constantly kept telling us about, unfortunately, I think some of Kean's delusionary afflictions rubbed-off on you as clearly all in Hughesy's garden remains rosy !

Presumably it's kamy that your on about then how come Alan Nixon also knew about the qatari bid? He said a club was about to win the lottery and whilst they still haven't got a club there's always a chance they'd come back in for us

Presumably it's kamy that your on about then how come Alan Nixon also knew about the qatari bid? He said a club was about to win the lottery and whilst they still haven't got a club there's always a chance they'd come back in for us

No it wasn't Kamy.

Archived