BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's willing to sell?

The owners said the club wasn't for sale at any price! So "yes" if true, this is news----big news and welcone.

Maybe the protests have achieved something?

I think it be a lack of money to run a premiership club, rather than the protests, that could force venkys to sell. Either way lets hope it is true and it happens quickly.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. With their reported wealth, what's the hold up? How long did it take Sheik Mansour to takeover City?

They were never serious bidders. If they were, Venky's would have sold up. Pure and simple.

They have moved to Formula 1 and are looking at buying the Williams F1 team. Unfortunately it was a take it or leave quick offer for Rovers, you simply can't buy Rovers at this present moment of time and make any difference even if Venkys accepted an offer today. Even with the Trust/ John Williams running the show it took 4-6 weeks to complete due diligence. It would be more like 3-6 months for due diligence with the way Venkys have and by then you'd have got a championship club.

Presumably it's kamy that your on about then how come Alan Nixon also knew about the qatari bid? He said a club was about to win the lottery and whilst they still haven't got a club there's always a chance they'd come back in for us

How come Alan Nixon knew we would spend £50M in summer transfer window? He'll write what sells papers.

My information- not quite first hand unfortunatley, is that the Qatari's are sniffing around once again.

What is quite clear to me is that Venky's have completely lost their enthusiasm for the project; no more money is to be spent, Andy Johnson is a good example of this, he now won't be coming (we can't afford him).

My information- not quite first hand unfortunatley, is that the Qatari's are sniffing around once again.

How do you know this, or are you another pretending to be 'ITK'?, apologies if you are genuine but I think we've had our fair share of bullshitters around here recently...

What is quite clear to me is that Venky's have completely lost their enthusiasm for the project; no more money is to be spent, Andy Johnson is a good example of this, he now won't be coming (we can't afford him).

Wasn't Kamy and Philipl close to the Qatari bid ? Can they shed any light on this ?

Nixon seems to think that they are tyre kickers.

Wasn't Kamy and Philipl close to the Qatari bid ? Can they shed any light on this ?

Nixon seems to think that they are tyre kickers.

Maybe better to ask psg if Qatar are tyre kickers. Could even ask.Paul Clement, after all Qatar going to.be paying his wages.

• Backroom

What a terribly written article... for a professional publication the sentence structure is disgraceful. Comma, comma, comma, comma...

Anyway, I'd be wary about the type of person who would want to buy us at this point. You'd like to think it couldn't get any worse than Venky's, but unfortunately it can. If we sell after the Jan window closes then nobody with any genuinely good intentions will be interested in buying us, imo.

Then who? I can only think of Philip but I know kamy was the man in the know at that time

Nowts been in the papers though

Well I wasn't being that specific to be honest, Philip was adamant that it was genuine but I do not believe for one minute that a Qatari interest had gone to Venky's and offered them shed loads of dosh for a sick dog. It's far more likely that an agent is trying to set deals up and has played a few to get some publicity. Put it this way, I get phone calls on a regular basis asking if I want to sell my company and such and such is looking to buy and you fit the profile blah blah. Very easy to talk that job up.

Quick bin me protest shirt owd lad

What's happened to the Qatari's is a valid question. We were told how time was of the essence and that they would be moving on to Everton very swiftly. Most fans on here took that in reasonably good faith but if it was on, they would have got it done before the window surely?

What's happened to the Qatari's is a valid question. We were told how time was of the essence and that they would be moving on to Everton very swiftly. Most fans on here took that in reasonably good faith but if it was on, they would have got it done before the window surely?

I believe we were told it wasn't Everton but another English club. Philipl seemed sure of himself, so it MUST be true.

Archived