BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's willing to sell?

My information- not quite first hand unfortunatley, is that the Qatari's are sniffing around once again.

What is quite clear to me is that Venky's have completely lost their enthusiasm for the project; no more money is to be spent, Andy Johnson is a good example of this, he now won't be coming (we can't afford him).

They can sniff all they want. But sadly the dog is not wanting to sell. According to Andy Cryer on twitter, the bit in the independance is not correct.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No transfers in? No replacement for Clement? Players not being allowed to play to trigger contract extensions?

Trying not to be optimistic here but if that isn't a sign there's a change taking place then I don't know what would be!

Have been in the midst of a few buyouts/takeovers and there was just a "feeling" that something was happening - then there was that one time where a whole bunch of suits were just "there" for a few days, checking this, and cataloguing that, then we knew for sure it was a takeover.

You have to think that if anything is going to happen now is the time - after January and we'll be bolloxed for getting bodies in, even a top top manager might struggle with no reinforcements.

Living in hope - alas I think it's hopeless with the current owners - let them prove me wrong!

No transfers in? No replacement for Clement? Players not being allowed to play to trigger contract extensions?

Trying not to be optimistic here but if that isn't a sign there's a change taking place then I don't know what would be!

No change of ownership, more a lack of money. The owners don't have the cash and they little they do have they are not willing to spend on BRFC.

Apparently it was Big Time Balaji who kiboshed the purported Qatari interest. Funny how he can have a say over the ownership of the club but not the choice of manager.

Well what the hell do they hope to achieve with the club without putting any money in and not even replacing staff that are leaving? We have all heard the stories that Rovers will get a good ammount of money off the players that are sold but in all honesty we know that the best players are going to be sold and replaced with cheap crap ones.

What will Venky's get out of destroying our club in one year? How will they benefit? If we cant even afford to replace the assistant manager then we are absolutely buggered.

I dont see any sense in turning down a good bid for the club just to keep it running to do nothing with it apart from watch your money dissapear.

Very strange times.

i was on the program fanzone tdy .... creating awareness on the UNIFIED STATEMENT being released ... and funny one of the presenters mentioned venky's are selling the club.... don't know if there are takers ....

and coupled with news they were in dubai ....

here's me hoping .... anyone heard anything

I completely agree with this. I would love to be proved wrong but we were assured that they would immediately move on and buy another club. Also, nothing at all was reported in the media. If they wanted us, they would have let the press know as that would have cranked up the pressure on Venky's to sell.

Nothing reported in the Media so no stories in the LET or Mirror then?

Yup. With their reported wealth, what's the hold up? How long did it take Sheik Mansour to takeover City?

They were never serious bidders. If they were, Venky's would have sold up. Pure and simple.

And you know this HOW?

Upset John Williams and Tom Finn so they leave

Sack BFS and appoint Kean

Say they will pay for Rovers fans who made their own way to India

etc etc

Seriously when did commonsense last apply to Venkys?

Nixon wrote we had 50 million to spend

Which he was probably told by his club source or sources, just as we all read the garbage from Kean about the Transfer Budget.

They have moved to Formula 1 and are looking at buying the Williams F1 team. Unfortunately it was a take it or leave quick offer for Rovers, you simply can't buy Rovers at this present moment of time and make any difference even if Venkys accepted an offer today. Even with the Trust/ John Williams running the show it took 4-6 weeks to complete due diligence. It would be more like 3-6 months for due diligence with the way Venkys have and by then you'd have got a championship club.

F1 probably the only sport more expensive than running a top flight Football Team.

To be fair we couldnt have afforded him under the Trust, either.

That is a fair point but we would still have Williams, Finn and BFS at the club and be no where near going down.

Hmmm, the asset stripping rumours have grown since the last transfer window. How better to dispel them but by getting the 'maybe we might sell' counter rumours growing?

Well what the hell do they hope to achieve with the club without putting any money in and not even replacing staff that are leaving? We have all heard the stories that Rovers will get a good ammount of money off the players that are sold but in all honesty we know that the best players are going to be sold and replaced with cheap crap ones.

What will Venky's get out of destroying our club in one year? How will they benefit?

Very strange times.

As per the rumours mentioned above - asset strippers anyone?

An agreement to sell the club may not be as far fetched as I thought a few hours ago, been told in last hour that a group of lawyers are acting on behalf of venkys on the sale of Rovers.

I'm taking this as a rumour at the moment until I get a better source to back it up, He seemed certain, but not heard it from any usual channels

An agreement to sell the club may not be as far fetched as I thought a few hours ago, been told in last hour that a group of lawyers are acting on behalf of venkys on the sale of Rovers.

I'm taking this as a rumour at the moment until I get a better source to back it up, He seemed certain, but not heard it from any usual channels

Is not all this talk of Venkys selling up due to them trying to sell a small stake in the club when they were in Dubai?

Trying not to get carried away (again), BUT it's our only hope so I can't help it.

Don't know who or what creates that Premier League Owl website but the wee wee is being taken (or is it?) even on there: "Rather mischievously, the company’s (Venkys, I presume) Wikipedia page currently claims that the Indians are ‘on the verge of going into the asset stripping business’."

The Independent article suggests that Venky's are now willing to listen to offers for the club. Anyone heard anything similar?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/second-assistant-quits-on-kean-6285484.html

I was very critical of the previous regime's crippling lack of ambition however they look like veritable high-rollers compared to these clowns. Finances have been tight for years but at least the club used to be run in a professional manner. Everything about it is now small-time and highly amateurish.

I was very critical of the previous regime's crippling lack of ambition however they look like veritable high-rollers compared to these clowns. Finances have been tight for years but at least the club used to be run in a professional manner. Everything about it is now small-time and highly amateurish.

This is the biggest disgrace of the lot, they had people who were capable of running the club well on limited resources. They wanted to pretend they could play with the billionaires on the cheap and made a right balls up of it. If they had listened to those who cared about the club and those that would do an excellent job in the circumstances we may have had a chance of a top 10 finish this year.

If this is true, they need to do it extremely quick.

Good piece though I'm not sure it is correct to say Jerome Anderson is no longer involved at Ewood; from all reports he is still around. Reinforces the belief that Dec 2010 and the change of ownership was probably the worst single event in the 140-odd year history of our football club.

Archived