BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's willing to sell?

Good piece though I'm not sure it is correct to say Jerome Anderson is no longer involved at Ewood; from all reports he is still around. Reinforces the belief that Dec 2010 and the change of ownership was probably the worst single event in the 140-odd year history of our football club.

I agree. Of course that shyster is still about whispering into the medias ear. Kean and Anderson seem to be a very evil double act!

EDIT: Can you shed any light Kamy(in regards to the selling up rumours)?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's quite clear that this lying scumbags in India have lost all interest in Rovers. Owning a Premiership club isn't the glamorous, party filled experience they thought it was going to be. They didn't think that it would cost the amount of money to run a club as it does and all promises for investment have now been forgotten as they've grown tired of the club and the supporters and will not put a single penny more of their own fortune into the club than they have to. Instead our best players will be sold and probably not replaced, to weaken an already poor playing squad and condemn us to relegation. And fans shouting 'Kean Out' is the main story in all of this? What can you say.

I don't see how Wankys can asset-strip because the operating company (ie the one with all the assets) has a deficit of over £100m on its distributable reserves. That means the only ways by which Wankys can extract the asset value is either a liquidation or by making unjustified expense payments to themselves.

An agreement to sell the club may not be as far fetched as I thought a few hours ago, been told in last hour that a group of lawyers are acting on behalf of venkys on the sale of Rovers.

I'm taking this as a rumour at the moment until I get a better source to back it up, He seemed certain, but not heard it from any usual channels

glen, any more news on this. Kamy says his sources say no sale in the pipeline

A potential rescue does seem a fantasy to me.

Any decent investor would have a clue about football (or be advised by somebody who does) and therefore understand that we need a proper manager and urgent reinforcement otherwise we are going down.

My understanding, as a lay person, is that new owners would need to do due diligence, pass the Fit and Proper Owners test and conduct all the complexities of the purchase. After that they would need appoint a manager who by then would have a matter of days to assess the squad, identify targets and negotiate their transfers all before the window closes. If that dosnt happen then the new investor has essentially bought a Championship club. Much as I love Rovers I have to admit that there are more attractive clubs in that position.

I have no knowledge of takeovers whatsoever so I'm desperately hoping somebody is going to come along and tell me how wrong I am.

Any decent investor would have a clue about football (or be advised by somebody who does) and therefore understand that we need a proper manager and urgent reinforcement otherwise we are going down.

My understanding, as a lay person, is that new owners would need to do due diligence, pass the Fit and Proper Owners test and conduct all the complexities of the purchase. After that they would need appoint a manager who by then would have a matter of days to assess the squad, identify targets and negotiate their transfers all before the window closes. If that dosnt happen then the new investor has essentially bought a Championship club. Much as I love Rovers I have to admit that there are more attractive clubs in that position.

I have no knowledge of takeovers whatsoever so I'm desperately hoping somebody is going to cnome along and tell me how wrong I am.

I 100% agree. Just can't see it. It took long enough ending up with Venky's.

I have given up long ago, there is NO hope and this nightmare just

wont stop.

We can only hope that Venkys leave us alone sooner rather than later, for us to try and build up what they have so easily destroyed.

Venkys need to sell the club - we need a new fresh start in the Championship - that is my only hope.

This has gone way wayyy too far, its ridiculous, depressing and I dont understand any of it!

:( :(

This is me hoping ,

I suspect , since the time of hostile reception and public statements the sell should be in motion. They are keeping very close to chest as no interference should come from jerome or negative publicity about how they actually bought the club .....

therefore we will only know when the actual transfer of ownership ocurs...

3 signs i'm looking at is .....

1) Main players , like samba,nzonzi,yakubu does not leave

2) We buy/loan some players (they might not be kean's target but prospective owners) to keep club in EPL

3) Keep club in EPL , sale conclude in April/May if we in EPL (change of manager takes place after transfer window and after a MOU signed with prospective owners)

This is me thinking and at possible scenarios

Sadly I think that...

This is the most logical scenario:

I have no knowledge of takeovers whatsoever so I'm desperately hoping somebody is going to come along and tell me how wrong I am.

And this is pure wishful thinking:

This is me hoping ,

I suspect , since the time of hostile reception and public statements the sell should be in motion. They are keeping very close to chest as no interference should come from jerome or negative publicity about how they actually bought the club .....

2) We buy/loan some players (they might not be kean's target but prospective owners) to keep club in EPL

3) Keep club in EPL , sale conclude in April/May if we in EPL (change of manager takes place after transfer window and after a MOU signed with prospective owners)

This is me hoping ,

Hi Miqaayil

I would be overjoyed if there was some behind the scenes negotiation going on to enable a sale of the club. It would give Venkys a way to end what must be unenjoyable for them- though not as much as it is for us! However, I really don't think there is any chance of that.

Firstly I think Venkys are too stupid and operate too slowly for something like this to be done quietly and efficiently. We would have found out about it, especially with an apparantly fairly senior member of their organisation posting on this Board along with well informed members.

Next I don't see that the proposition of buying Rovers will appeal to any serious investor at this time. In advance of the transfer window there might have been opportunity for a new owner to make changes in time to affect the outcome of this season. Now I think it is too late for this to happen for the reasons outlined in posts above.

Also, I still think there is sufficient opportunity for Venkys (and their blood-sucking partners) to leech out financial gain from our predicament. I believe the gains that can be made from player sales, significant reduction in wage bill etc before jetisoning the club if and when it is relegated, will outweigh the financial gain from a sale of the club. I would suggest this is probably now the main priority for Venkys- to make as much money from this business venture as they can before their asset is virtually worthless and the banks are ready to break down the doors.

I desperately hope we can look back at this post and laugh about how wrong I was. But I can't see any takeover happening until Rovers is no longer attractive to any owner except one willing to pick up the pieces and care for it after an almighty crash.

An agreement to sell the club may not be as far fetched as I thought a few hours ago, been told in last hour that a group of lawyers are acting on behalf of venkys on the sale of Rovers.

I'm taking this as a rumour at the moment until I get a better source to back it up, He seemed certain, but not heard it from any usual channels

There is more chance rovers finishing top 8 and winning a cup.

Buying a football club doesnt make financial sense. Any interested party would, i imagine, be someone who is a rovers fan or someone with ties to the local community.

Hi Miqaayil

I would be overjoyed if there was some behind the scenes negotiation going on to enable a sale of the club. It would give Venkys a way to end what must be unenjoyable for them- though not as much as it is for us! However, I really don't think there is any chance of that.

Firstly I think Venkys are too stupid and operate too slowly for something like this to be done quietly and efficiently. We would have found out about it, especially with an apparantly fairly senior member of their organisation posting on this Board along with well informed members.

Next I don't see that the proposition of buying Rovers will appeal to any serious investor at this time. In advance of the transfer window there might have been opportunity for a new owner to make changes in time to affect the outcome of this season. Now I think it is too late for this to happen for the reasons outlined in posts above.

Also, I still think there is sufficient opportunity for Venkys (and their blood-sucking partners) to leech out financial gain from our predicament. I believe the gains that can be made from player sales, significant reduction in wage bill etc before jetisoning the club if and when it is relegated, will outweigh the financial gain from a sale of the club. I would suggest this is probably now the main priority for Venkys- to make as much money from this business venture as they can before their asset is virtually worthless and the banks are ready to break down the doors.

I desperately hope we can look back at this post and laugh about how wrong I was. But I can't see any takeover happening until Rovers is no longer attractive to any owner except one willing to pick up the pieces and care for it after an almighty crash.

Hi i know i'm a romantic ..... but even from venky's point they not stupid to relegate the club and hope of parachute payments as it has chance to trigger an investigation and if there are dirty little secrets during purchase it will be released. this is mere suspicion and my own views

Buying a football club doesnt make financial sense. Any interested party would, i imagine, be someone who is a rovers fan or someone with ties to the local community.

Which, unfortunately, rules out the Qataris.

Hopefully, our inevitable relegation will be enough to make Desai and the Clouseau Twins bugger off. That may leave the way open for us to become locally or responsibly owned and maybe stabilise as a Championship club. Perhaps we can establish ourselves in the Championship as a club that produces good youngsters,can mount a play off challenge and go on cup runs. Not unlike Middlesbrough now.

Could somebody like Dan Williams be our Steve Gibson?

Which, unfortunately, rules out the Qataris.

Hopefully, our inevitable relegation will be enough to make Desai and the Clouseau Twins bugger off. That may leave the way open for us to become locally or responsibly owned and maybe stabilise as a Championship club. Perhaps we can establish ourselves in the Championship as a club that produces good youngsters,can mount a play off challenge and go on cup runs. Not unlike Middlesbrough now.

Could somebody like Dan Williams be our Steve Gibson?

No it does not rule out the Qatari,Omani,Kuwaiti or Saudi ...... they all want to get into EPL to increase their publicity and also because City is doing so damn well ...They are very competitive when it comes to publicity and stature.... all it needs a right guy in the right loop to pich it to them ...

again this is my own view and praying ....

Whatever happened to Dan Williams ? And do we have his number ?

Dan Williams i think was last heard failing to take over the Rochester Rhinos, a second tier american outfit. He didn't have the cash

Archived