BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's willing to sell?

"@mrwawild: Just been sent an intensive and detailed 25 page plan regarding a Charitable Trust to finance club going forward. #weekend sorted #rovers"

Can't be less charitable than the last one.

OHYEAH!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to have major contacts through my father at Ewood! He has since retired and they are pretty scarce now as we are out the loop.

However, he was chatting to a former business colleague tonight who mentioned that venky's were so angry at the abuse received at Wigan that they want to let the club fail.

They cannot loose on their investment so it is perfectly feasible! He just rang me to tell me!

I used to have major contacts through my father at Ewood! He has since retired and they are pretty scarce now as we are out the loop.

However, he was chatting to a former business colleague tonight who mentioned that venky's were so angry at the abuse received at Wigan that they want to let the club fail.

They cannot loose on their investment so it is perfectly feasible! He just rang me to tell me!

Dunno what they expected. What planet are they on? Do they think they are doing a marvellous job (like Kean)?

The fact is that Venkys are opening their first Venkys Xpress in London soon, it won't be great PR for them to exit the football club a laughing stock.

However who can they realistically turn to now for advice on how to run the club? There is no one left.

The fact is that Venkys are opening their first Venkys Xpress in London soon, it won't be great PR for them to exit the football club a laughing stock.

However who can they realistically turn to now for advice on how to run the club? There is no one left.

Maybe they should give their old mate Jerome a call to find some new buyers.

• Backroom

Makes sense, they were doing such a good job pre-Wigan after all :lol:

When it happens will that mean that are actually successful business people as they would have achieved what they wanted.

I can quite believe that but they were doing a pretty good job at letting us fail before the Wigan game. Maybe if they do it intentionally it could have the opposite effect.

Recoup the outlay - bugger back off to India! No big deal for them! They may have to put their expansion plans on hold but I see no real long term effects to their brand outside of India, brazil, Thailand, Vietnam and so on!

Lots of people don't follow football, even know who Blackburn Rovers are or even care if they failed/succeeded!

Who is willing to buy should be the question !

Assuming Venky's want their dosh back - purchase costs roughly will be £23m, legals c£2m. debt guarantee c£30m, working capital input until back to breakeven, say 2 years, minimum £30m, further losses if relegated and bankroll bounce back in Y1, c£40m. Bill £125m.

Takers, none.

TRhink Mr wild suggested that we might need 20,000 volunteers with £1,000 each to toss-in !

This model just wouldnt work for Rovers. Unless we want to set out limits at League One maximum.

There's clubs out there whose current league position is disproportionately low to their fanbase (or potential fanbase), eg Leeds, the Sheffield clubs, if we're talking potential fanbase probably one of the Bristol clubs too.

We're the opposite.

So why not sell Samba?

That would make too much sense.

Ah, they want to see the club fail but make it as complicated as possible. Yeah, kind of fits.

Actually, I hope they ARE doing everything they can to make the club fail. We'll probably end up top 6!

VENKYS.

IF YOU DESTROY OUR CLUB, EITHER DELIBERATELY, OR THROUGH INCOMPETENCE, YOU WILL FOREVER BE ASSOCIATED WITH FAILURE!

WE WILL TRAVEL THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE GLOBE TO TELL THE WORLD ABOUT YOUR INCOMPETENCE IF YOU LET THAT HAPPEN.

IF YOU PLAN TO EXPAND YOUR BUSINESS IN BRITAIN, YOU NEED TO CONSIDER WHAT EFFECT FAILURE WILL HAVE ON YOUR FAMILY NAME.

THERE ARE REALLY ONLY 2 VIABLE OPTIONS

- INVEST IN THE CLUB AND MAKE IT A SUCCESS. or

- SELL THE CLUB TO RID YOURSELF OF THE BURDEN.

RE COUPING YOR LOSSES IS UNREALISTICK, GIVEN THE DAMAGE THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE TO THE REPUTATION OF THE CLUB.

SETTING OUT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CLUB WOULD BE UNWISE. YOU WOULD BE FOREVER ASSOCIATED WITH THE DESTRUCTION OF A COMMUNITY AND A FOOTBALL CLUB WITH A RICH AND PROUD HISTORY.

THINK CAREFULLY AND ACT WISELY.

A message born of concern, fustration, and TOTAL lack of communication from the owners of BRFC.

Archived