BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's willing to sell?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I would love a local person to take over the club, as someone voiced above, do Currie and Battersby have the dough??

Prob not without a consortium behind them. From Ian's comments, it sounds as though that would not be a problem. I would much rather have owners that care rather than someone like the qataris. Think sensible spending on a long term basis is the way forward for every club. Spending stupid amounts of money short term, eg man city and qpr, is nice whilst it lasts but have a feeling it will all come crashing down eventually.

Prob not without a consortium behind them. From Ian's comments, it sounds as though that would not be a problem. I would much rather have owners that care rather than someone like the qataris. Think sensible spending on a long term basis is the way forward for every club. Spending stupid amounts of money short term, eg man city and qpr, is nice whilst it lasts but have a feeling it will all come crashing down eventually.

Not sure if I agree with that as the Qataris seem genuinely interested in football, but then we'll find out what happens with Malaga and PSG.

Aston Villa too if they end up buying them.

Also the Qatari's haven't gone that crazy at the clubs above, seem to be quite sensible to me compared to the likes of Mansoor at City.

If anyone hasn't read the ian battersby thread, there is very encouraging news that he would be in a position to make venkys a proposal if they decided to sell the club.

I think this transfer window has just reaffirmed how desperately we need new owners.

imo the transfer window has finally confirmed what I have opined since Freedom of Contract was given to players and that is that transfer fees are nothing but crass stupidity. Why it's taking so long for club directors to cotton on astounds me.

how much cash does battersby have?

:rolleyes:

As much as I would love a local person to take over the club, as someone voiced above, do Currie and Battersby have the dough??

Nowt to do with dough, it's all about connections. Gary Cook had not enough of his own money financially but he managed to bring in the arabs from Abu Dhabi. Anderson too 'found' the Venkeys for the trust.

I'd imagine it's best to think of the two Ian's as 'fixers rather than financiers.

I'd rather have the Qataris, as long as it did not involve club debt. Cash is king.

I am reliably informed that there is a pre-arranged meeting between Rovers and the bank within the next 48 hours. I guess that at this meeting Rovers will show that over the last month action has been taken to control costs, the wage budget has now been bought back down to pre-venky's level and with the £2 million injection that Sporting Intelligence reported I think that will satisfy the bank for the time being.

It looks to me that we are now back to running the club they way the trust did, but the big difference is that we have lost the experienced and very competent leadership of JW and Tom Finn. Also I guess this strategy relies on Premier League survival, so relegation would mean owners invest or the club faces serious trouble. My guess is that by adopting this strategy it males it more likely that we will see a change of ownership within the next 12 months.

• Backroom

That last sentance would certainly be best for all concerned.

We just have to hope we can somehow survive and have a platform to build on for new owners should they emerge

I am reliably informed that there is a pre-arranged meeting between Rovers and the bank within the next 48 hours. I guess that at this meeting Rovers will show that over the last month action has been taken to control costs, the wage budget has now been bought back down to pre-venky's level and with the £2 million injection that Sporting Intelligence reported I think that will satisfy the bank for the time being.

It looks to me that we are now back to running the club they way the trust did, but the big difference is that we have lost the experienced and very competent leadership of JW and Tom Finn. Also I guess this strategy relies on Premier League survival, so relegation would mean owners invest or the club faces serious trouble. My guess is that by adopting this strategy it males it more likely that we will see a change of ownership within the next 12 months.

Rem those two and Allardyce would have cost the thick end of 4m pa so at least we've saved that! :tu:

Unfortunately fees payed to dodgy agents lurking in the shadows and the %ages sliced off that by Dastardly and Muttley will make that figure look like small change. <_< 'Fools and their money' eh?

We can only hope.

Like you say we seem to be running the club the way the trust did without the competent leadership of JW and Tom Finn

But add to that, the wage bill is now slashed and strangely enough we've now got more debt. Seems to show just how well the former execs at Ewood were doing.

I think Kean prefers kids. they won't stand up to him.

Well he takes his own kids into press conferences so they have that use as well.

Operation Human Shield.

Such a lovely fella.

We can only hope.

Like you say we seem to be running the club the way the trust did without the competent leadership of JW and Tom Finn

But add to that, the wage bill is now slashed and strangely enough we've now got more debt. Seems to show just how well the former execs at Ewood were doing.

Well he takes his own kids into press conferences so they have that use as well.

Operation Human Shield.Such a lovely fella.

:lol::lol::lol: Typical Coco. Morals of an Alley Cat.

They can only sell if there's a buyer. And with the amount of shafters out there, I have a feeling we've awhile before this has a happy ending.

Listen to Ian Battersby in the Podcast. He says he would be in a position to put a proposal together, probably with a consortium of business contacts.

There would be buyers out there.

A more realistic scenario is relegation to the championship, followed by the sale of all our talent. Once the value of the club is rock bottom, then and only then, will we have a chance of getting the club back.

Any prospective buyer will know that and will be waiting for the value to fall to nothing.

My only consolation in all this is that every week the Venkeys are losing big money and it's all down to their own foolish pride and the trust that they stupidly placed into the sweaty palms of Dastardly and Muttley. 'Fools and their money' has never been more appropriate.

They would be well advised to give the club away. They are incapable of adding

value to it. If they were REAL business people they'd know this.

We should keep a 'Share Watch Thread' going, with a graph to track Venkys Chicken share price.

IMO, this is the only issue which will make them act. I'm sure someone has posted that their shares

had droped recently.

Any prospective buyer will know that and will be waiting for the value to fall to nothing.

Surely it would be better to buy whilst we still have a talented squad. Although it would be cheaper to buy if the value of the club was small, it would cost a lot of money to build the squad up again. Better to pay more for the club and spend less building up the squad. If/when we go down, if we kept the majority of the squad together then we will have a very good championship team.

Archived