BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's willing to sell?

Rubbish! No perspective. Rovers supporters have never reacted to their owners/board in this way before because we have never had to face this situation before. No club has has I suspect. The sheer lunacy, obstinacy and deceit of the current owners has never remotely been approached by anyone else.

New owners have nothing to fear from the most loyal, long-suffering and patient fans in the Premier League. We would welcome them with open arms until prove otherwise, just as we did with Venkys (or most of us). You're blaming fans who love their club for a problem they didn't create.

We would only have a repetition of what's happened recently if we got owners as useless as Venkys. This is theoretically possible but highly unlikely.

You spend 90%+ of your time on this Board slagging off Rovers fans, hardly anything you write is about football. Why do you bother?

Where have I been saying off other posters. It is a messageboard where folk are allowed to debate issues. Pity you cannot handle debate, without getting abusive or making sly digs.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Complete nonsense PAFELL, why did those Yanks buy Liverpool after their fellow countryman were widely abused?

Is the reason nobody has bought Everton due to their abuse of Kenwright or is it a hard headed business decision?

Why did Southampton get new owners after the abuse the Lowe regime suffered?

You need to stop this constant campaign against your own fans, does you no favours.

Where have I been saying off other posters. It is a messageboard where folk are allowed to debate issues. Pity you cannot handle debate, without getting abusive or making sly digs.

I didn't accuse you of slagging off other posters (I said "Rovers fans") but since you raise it, didn't you say that the protest leaders couldn't be trusted? Then refused to say why? They post on here.

People are allowed to debate issues (plural) so why not try it? The only topic you you are interested is negative comment about protests and those involved. Isn't there any other aspect of Blackburn Rovers that interests you?

I'm not making sly digs---I'm quite open about it. If people want to protest let them. If they don't---fair enough but stop telling fans who care what they should or should not do.

That's my opinion.

Anybody viewing rovers with thoughts of buying the club. Would have second thoughts. They would fear that if they bought the club. Then there was a string of bad results. That they would be the subject of protests. That would put off many investors. Unless they were rovers supporters.

I think we have to ask ourselves, is the blackburn rovers brand being damaged in a way that would prevent anybody wanting to come in to buy the club, by these protests.

I fear that the answer is yes.

That post is tosh from start to finish,

and sounds like appeasement

every time i look on here i hope to read some news that our owners are possibly looking to sell us to anyone who has actually read the Shoot album 2011 or its equivalent, because that's how poor our owners are - a child would probably have more idea of how to run a football club than this lot or would have the sense to find someone who did. Every time i look I am disappointed. Is there not somewhere just a glimmer of hope tha things might change soon. Thre could be worse owners out there - portsmouth's sorry tale proves it, but there also could be some much better owners. they may not be loaded but they would surely know enough to realise that a club needs a structure from top to bottom and begin to build one. There are some very well-run clubs in lower leagues where budgets are tight but you get people working in theri own area of expertise - currently we have or appear to have, nobody who is.

every time i look on here i hope to read some news that our owners are possibly looking to sell us to anyone who has actually read the Shoot album 2011 or its equivalent, because that's how poor our owners are - a child would probably have more idea of how to run a football club than this lot or would have the sense to find someone who did. Every time i look I am disappointed. Is there not somewhere just a glimmer of hope tha things might change soon. Thre could be worse owners out there - portsmouth's sorry tale proves it, but there also could be some much better owners. they may not be loaded but they would surely know enough to realise that a club needs a structure from top to bottom and begin to build one. There are some very well-run clubs in lower leagues where budgets are tight but you get people working in theri own area of expertise - currently we have or appear to have, nobody who is.

I know that the two Ian's are working very hard behind the scenes to (1) get a consortium together and (2) re-open communications with Mrs D. Think (2) is the big stumbling block at the moment.

Anybody viewing rovers with thoughts of buying the club. Would have second thoughts. They would fear that if they bought the club. Then there was a string of bad results. That they would be the subject of protests. That would put off many investors. Unless they were rovers supporters.

I think we have to ask ourselves, is the blackburn rovers brand being damaged in a way that would prevent anybody wanting to come in to buy the club, by these protests.

Yet again you have missed the point completely, the fans have every right to protest in any way they see fit especially in light of what is currently

happening to the club under our incompetent owners. If they had anything about them they would be apologising to the fans, not hiding in pune in a cowardly

display of how bad they really are.

There are so many villains in this tale of thoroughly ruining a club that is becoming hard to remember them all.

The first true villains were The Walker Trust. I don´t mean relating to their not "investing" money in the last few years of owning us, as that after all is their preorogative. However, enlisting Jerome Anderson to find a buyer? What owners did they truly expect for us to be lumbered with? After years of being impressive, model owners, their desperation to sell us eventually told.

As for Venky`s...well, I´m sick and tired of people saying that they are just a bit clueless, that they don´t mean any harm, that they are morons. Rubbish. Lie after lie...they would stick with the structure that we had under the Trust, they would give Sam a chance, "marquee" signings, investment would happen, Indian training camps, Beckham, Ronaldinho. They do not care at all. What did they tell the Pune9? Have those promises been kept? Posters on here say they are not deliberately trying to wreck the club. Maybe, maybe not. However, if they were going about trying to wreck the club...what would they need to have done that was so different than what they have done?

Kean...well, this is his big opportunity. It is difficult to like having him as manager, but who wouldn´t take the biggest job of his life, earning money he could never have dreamt of before. I can´t fully blame Kean...this is the greatest opportunity in his life.

Then we have Jerome Anderson. Should we say anything about him, or would he notify his lawyer to contact the Admin of this board? Does anyone believe he has nothing to do with the club. I even remember some defending the signing of his son!

Next, the press. Taken in by a sophisticated anti-protest campaign. Kean is a SEM client, isn´t he? Is Steve Bruce? Mick McCarthy? What came out in the press against the treatment they received? Some Arsenal fans have been infinitely worse behaved than us by chanting against a managerial genius like Arsene Wenger. Have they received the same disdain that our fans for...shock horror! Booing and chating "Kean out!" What beasts they are up north. Don´t worry though, even some of our fans will tug their forelocks, shake their head and say "we deserve it" as the protests were so intense, so awful, so beastly. Codswallop! Deference is alive and well, isn`t it? Do people really think all this press negativity has been spontaneous?

Then, finally (and missing out a load of other villains), we move on to the players. Those little darlings giving their all for the cause. Big brave Chris Samba, who wants to leave. Loyal, dashing Hoilett, who will be off at the end of the season. Good old Kean cheerleader, Jason Roberts, who has jumped the sinking ship. Local lad, heroic David Dunn (who I used to think was a legend, who was always put Rovers first - silly me!) who is always available to blame the team´s failing on the fans, the atmosphere, anything but themselves and their manager who had firm support for well over half a year despite not deserving it and despite having been on our worst run in I can´t even remember how many years.

It´s a pretty depressing tale all round. Rovers seem pointless at the moment. The owners don´t care, the manager is setting himself up for life with a bumper contract and he doesn´t seem to care any more, the players are doing their job but are going down regardless before they all want out.

For an example of how a club can have its heart ripped out of it in less than a year, we will in future be a cautionary tale to all other fans wanting a change of owners and "investment".

The only thing we can do, as Rovers fans, is keep the club in our hearts. Keep supporting, keep monitoring and don´t let apathy win. We are going to have dark days ahead, that seems inevitable, but as long as there are Rovers fans fighting and caring and not letting the villains kill our club, we will get through them.

BRFCS -

1875 - 2012 - and for many, many more years to come.

:brfc:

There are so many villains in this tale of thoroughly ruining a club that is becoming hard to remember them all.

The first true villains were The Walker Trust. I don´t mean relating to their not "investing" money in the last few years of owning us, as that after all is their preorogative. However, enlisting Jerome Anderson to find a buyer? What owners did they truly expect for us to be lumbered with? After years of being impressive, model owners, their desperation to sell us eventually told.

As for Venky`s...well, I´m sick and tired of people saying that they are just a bit clueless, that they don´t mean any harm, that they are morons. Rubbish. Lie after lie...they would stick with the structure that we had under the Trust, they would give Sam a chance, "marquee" signings, investment would happen, Indian training camps, Beckham, Ronaldinho. They do not care at all. What did they tell the Pune9? Have those promises been kept? Posters on here say they are not deliberately trying to wreck the club. Maybe, maybe not. However, if they were going about trying to wreck the club...what would they need to have done that was so different than what they have done?

Kean...well, this is his big opportunity. It is difficult to like having him as manager, but who wouldn´t take the biggest job of his life, earning money he could never have dreamt of before. I can´t fully blame Kean...this is the greatest opportunity in his life.

Then we have Jerome Anderson. Should we say anything about him, or would he notify his lawyer to contact the Admin of this board? Does anyone believe he has nothing to do with the club. I even remember some defending the signing of his son!

Next, the press. Taken in by a sophisticated anti-protest campaign. Kean is a SEM client, isn´t he? Is Steve Bruce? Mick McCarthy? What came out in the press against the treatment they received? Some Arsenal fans have been infinitely worse behaved than us by chanting against a managerial genius like Arsene Wenger. Have they received the same disdain that our fans for...shock horror! Booing and chating "Kean out!" What beasts they are up north. Don´t worry though, even some of our fans will tug their forelocks, shake their head and say "we deserve it" as the protests were so intense, so awful, so beastly. Codswallop! Deference is alive and well, isn`t it? Do people really think all this press negativity has been spontaneous?

Then, finally (and missing out a load of other villains), we move on to the players. Those little darlings giving their all for the cause. Big brave Chris Samba, who wants to leave. Loyal, dashing Hoilett, who will be off at the end of the season. Good old Kean cheerleader, Jason Roberts, who has jumped the sinking ship. Local lad, heroic David Dunn (who I used to think was a legend, who was always put Rovers first - silly me!) who is always available to blame the team´s failing on the fans, the atmosphere, anything but themselves and their manager who had firm support for well over half a year despite not deserving it and despite having been on our worst run in I can´t even remember how many years.

It´s a pretty depressing tale all round. Rovers seem pointless at the moment. The owners don´t care, the manager is setting himself up for life with a bumper contract and he doesn´t seem to care any more, the players are doing their job but are going down regardless before they all want out.

For an example of how a club can have its heart ripped out of it in less than a year, we will in future be a cautionary tale to all other fans wanting a change of owners and "investment".

The only thing we can do, as Rovers fans, is keep the club in our hearts. Keep supporting, keep monitoring and don´t let apathy win. We are going to have dark days ahead, that seems inevitable, but as long as there are Rovers fans fighting and caring and not letting the villains kill our club, we will get through them.

BRFCS -

1875 - 2012 - and for many, many more years to come.

:brfc:

Fully agree with this post, the only thing we can do at the moment is keep supporting the club despite our incompetent owners. Hopefully we can find

better owners soon.

Came into the office this morning and it was mentioned to me that this is what happens when you have idiotic owners and an awful manager in charge.

It is not just about the poor results on the field under Kean its the constant mistruths, spin on certain issues plus story after story which are always detrimental to the club.

Regardless of what you think of him as a player, Keith Andrews strikes me as a honest chap and his description of chaos behind the scenes is probably an understatement.

On & off the pitch, the club has been dismantled ability/quality wise - we have lost key people and they have been replaced them with inferior and inexperienced personnel there is little or no structure, no logical reporting lines (like you would have at any other football club).

For us to be run normally, it would require a massive change in the way we are currently doing things, along with some investment, and I just cant see it happening.

Dont know why I posted this, myself along with many others on here have said the same thing so many times before!

I know that the two Ian's are working very hard behind the scenes to (1) get a consortium together and (2) re-open communications with Mrs D. Think (2) is the big stumbling block at the moment.

Oh, I do understand really - I know it's not going to happen soon because that woman in Pune just doesn't care or want to know and I'm not blaming anyone. It's just this sheer frustration and helplessness that is gradually overtaking all of us I think. It's just incredible that we have to sit back and just wait to see what happens after all the months of protests, of revelations that should affect and damage most people and their businesses and that still we wait, the supposed nasty villains of the piece, when we did nothing out of the ordinary in our protests, are ordinary fans of what was a decent club, respected by most, even if they didn't much like us. I don't know the answers: have great respect for the work so many have done to try to end this sorry state of affairs, but I just long, like most I suppose for the days of site crashes - frustrating and annoying though they ar - because it means something is happening at Ewood again. Currently it feels like nothing is or ever will happen again.

I didn't accuse you of slagging off other posters (I said "Rovers fans") but since you raise it, didn't you say that the protest leaders couldn't be trusted? Then refused to say why? They post on here.

People are allowed to debate issues (plural) so why not try it? The only topic you you are interested is negative comment about protests and those involved. Isn't there any other aspect of Blackburn Rovers that interests you?

I'm not making sly digs---I'm quite open about it. If people want to protest let them. If they don't---fair enough but stop telling fans who care what they should or should not do.

That's my opinion.

The part about not trusting protest leaders as you call them. Has been dealt with. The reason why remains between them and myself. But it is an issue that has been dealt with.

I am not as negative as you may think about the protests. I fully see and understand the reasons. There are ample reasons for them.

But even protestors or non protestors have to ask themselves - what are we achieving by what we are doing. It is that I have issues with. It is not negative, it is reality.

Apart from highlighting the dire situation at Rovers to the World. Nothing else has happened. Venkys are not going and cannot go until there is a new buyer. They will not go until they decide to sell. Then the search for a buyer has to take place. So like it or not they are here. There is no disputing the fact that they are running the club in a suicidal way. It is a disgrace what they have done.

Sadly the protests have not got them to change the way they do things. I wish they had, but they haven't. That is not negative, that is fact.

Kean is still here, his results speak for themselves. He is the worse manager Rovers have ever had. He should have been sacked a long long time ago. Probable everybody within the club, as well as supporters know he should have been sacked. Football pundits have slowly come to the same conclusion. Fans have known about it for ages. Yet there has been protest after protest, in many many forms. But again sadly it has not achieved his sacking - which has been the aim. again not negative, but fact.

Another tact is required. Chants, banners, flowers, planes, yellow & black scarves, yellow T-shirts all well and good. But have not achieved nothing, apart from highlighting the situation. We all want more than highlighting the situation - we need action from the owners or premier league or a forced boardroom, via courts, takeover (if that is possible).

Venkys being in India do not hear the chants, marches, see the scarves or flowers etc. They need hitting where they will be hurt most and that is in India and their venky brand. HOW is another matter. but it is the only thing left.

For along time I considered the fact that venkys were not attending matches - so therefore are not affected by the protests. They would not have liked that article in the Indian financial times. But more things like that is needed. But what or how is another matter. That is not being negative. It is facing reality.

But we also need a club left for somebody to buy. It needs to remain in the premier league. Fans support can help achieve that. But every single supporter is in the same position - we are dependant on venkys running the club properly. But again the reality is this. Even they cannot do anything about Rovers league position. The transfer window is shut. We only have the players we have now. We are dependant on them and they depend on the support of supporters. That is not negative, but a sad reality.

The part about not trusting protest leaders as you call them. Has been dealt with. The reason why remains between them and myself. But it is an issue that has been dealt with.

I am not as negative as you may think about the protests. I fully see and understand the reasons. There are ample reasons for them.

But even protestors or non protestors have to ask themselves - what are we achieving by what we are doing. It is that I have issues with. It is not negative, it is reality.

Apart from highlighting the dire situation at Rovers to the World. Nothing else has happened. Venkys are not going and cannot go until there is a new buyer. They will not go until they decide to sell. Then the search for a buyer has to take place. So like it or not they are here. There is no disputing the fact that they are running the club in a suicidal way. It is a disgrace what they have done.

Sadly the protests have not got them to change the way they do things. I wish they had, but they haven't. That is not negative, that is fact.

Kean is still here, his results speak for themselves. He is the worse manager Rovers have ever had. He should have been sacked a long long time ago. Probable everybody within the club, as well as supporters know he should have been sacked. Football pundits have slowly come to the same conclusion. Fans have known about it for ages. Yet there has been protest after protest, in many many forms. But again sadly it has not achieved his sacking - which has been the aim. again not negative, but fact.

Another tact is required. Chants, banners, flowers, planes, yellow & black scarves, yellow T-shirts all well and good. But have not achieved nothing, apart from highlighting the situation. We all want more than highlighting the situation - we need action from the owners or premier league or a forced boardroom, via courts, takeover (if that is possible).

Venkys being in India do not hear the chants, marches, see the scarves or flowers etc. They need hitting where they will be hurt most and that is in India and their venky brand. HOW is another matter. but it is the only thing left.

For along time I considered the fact that venkys were not attending matches - so therefore are not affected by the protests. They would not have liked that article in the Indian financial times. But more things like that is needed. But what or how is another matter. That is not being negative. It is facing reality.

But we also need a club left for somebody to buy. It needs to remain in the premier league. Fans support can help achieve that. But every single supporter is in the same position - we are dependant on venkys running the club properly. But again the reality is this. Even they cannot do anything about Rovers league position. The transfer window is shut. We only have the players we have now. We are dependant on them and they depend on the support of supporters. That is not negative, but a sad reality.

Simple-----if the argument between you and Protest organisers is between you and them, you shouldn't have brought it up on here. Having raised it you had a duty imo to explain your reasons.

I'm aware of why you think the protests have failed and should stop. I should be because you write about nothing else.

A reality for you---------people will continue to protest because they are angry and have no other outlet for their feelings.

How about showing a more all-round view of your allegience to your club than condemning your fellow fans everyday. How about taking part in other debates? Just a suggestion.

We only have the players we have now. We are dependant on them and they depend on the support of supporters. That is not negative, but a sad reality.

If you'd been at the Emirates on Saturday you would have seen for yourself that support makes no difference to this group of players. The fans got behind the players and the players simply failed to turn up. The sad reality is that Venky's and Kean have assembled a group of players who are not good enough for the Premier League and it's as simple as that. I dread to think what the reaction of the fans will be at Ewood if they perform like that on Saturday.

No no no. If we stay up (we won't from this position) more debt will be loaded onto the club and Venkys will take more out. Venkys and Kean will stay and more fans will stop going.

The BEST thing (and it's not a good one) that can happen now is administration from today. Problem is as things stand a court would not agree to it. Things needs to get worse before they get better and that means getting out of the Premier League.

Venkys will not sell unless they get their money back. That will not happen whatever league we are in.

They need to be booted out. There will be a stage when serious money is needed to keep the club going and it won't come from Pune.

Oh my goodness.

So protests don't happen at any other club? It's entirely exclusive to Blackburn Rovers. Just to have some perspective, this is the first Rovers protest in my lifetime. Venkys stand out as being by far and away the worst owners to grace the PL for a while, this is highlighted by Newcastle fans.

PL team fans that have protested recently - Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Arsenal (planning a protest).

Add to that the teams that are or were being booed on a regular basis like at Wolves and Sunderland. Mick McCarthy even agreed with the boo boys recently that the performance was terrible, and that he'd have reacted like that too.

It's not like we were amazing before Venkys. We were doing an exceptional job of treading water. Yet no protest. No protest under the awful Ince regime either. No protest during the Hodgson era. No protest during the days of Kidd. Ask yourself why. Could it be that the reasons for our downturn are quite different to those days?

The reasons for the protests are because of the total neglect not just because of a steep downturn in form.

You really aren't doing yourself any favours Pafell with that kind of post. It's borderline loopy.

No no no. If we stay up (we won't from this position) more debt will be loaded onto the club and Venkys will take more out. Venkys and Kean will stay and more fans will stop going.

The BEST thing (and it's not a good one) that can happen now is administration from today. Problem is as things stand a court would not agree to it. Things needs to get worse before they get better and that means getting out of the Premier League.

Venkys will not sell unless they get their money back. That will not happen whatever league we are in.

They need to be booted out. There will be a stage when serious money is needed to keep the club going and it won't come from Pune.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. Premier league survival will mean nothing if Kean/Venkys remain in charge. Prem survival is not the real issue here.

I'm not sure administration is the best thing and I don't think it will come to that. I don't see how it can.

Mrs D is a savvy business woman; from her cutting back operation which happened in January, it suggests she now realises there is no money to be made from this and she is not going to chuck any more money at it. It is now a case of damage limitation for them until they can sell the club.

Everyone has to remember, this is just another facet of their business empire. And one that doesn't make any money.

=

Fans support can help achieve that.

How? We support them. we have always supported them. We still turn up, those of us that do, expecting to get behind our team and encourage them most of the time. The plain fact is that when they are unfit, poorly managed and unmotivated on top of being not good enough and lacking players of any quality in the most vital area of the pitch in the modern game - midfield- there is little that support can do. When things are going well for the team generally then support can spur players to give that extra bit of effort, to keep going for the extra few minutes or seconds that it takes to get a goal. But when your team is being mucked about by its supposed captain, badly managed by an incompetent who should never have been with in a mile of the job, low on confidence and energy not because of the result on the day but becausae of months of neglect and lack of motivation, how does cheering them on help. We're flogging a dead horse here and it's getting us nowhere. I still go, I still cheer if we score, but I don't approach matches with any sense of anticipation more with resignation. I watched the arsenal goals go in on MOTD and I couldn't even get angry - that's how bad it is.

Its simply down to the incompetence of the FA

allowing the wrong people to

take charge of our clubs,

Keane may not be the best

manager out there, but he"s

won my respect for the way

he"s handled himself in

difficult circumstances.

Its simply down to the incompetence of the FA

allowing the wrong people to

take charge of our clubs,

Keane may not be the best

manager out there, but he"s

won my respect for the way

he"s handled himself in

difficult circumstances.

Who's that you're on about...Roy? What has he done?

Simple-----if the argument between you and Protest organisers is between you and them, you shouldn't have brought it up on here. Having raised it you had a duty imo to explain your reasons.

I'm aware of why you think the protests have failed and should stop. I should be because you write about nothing else.

A reality for you---------people will continue to protest because they are angry and have no other outlet for their feelings.

How about showing a more all-round view of your allegience to your club than condemning your fellow fans everyday. How about taking part in other debates? Just a suggestion.

Because this is the main issue and the only one that matters at the moment.

I am not condemning nor have I at anytime condemned any supporter, protestor or otherwise. I just think another strategy is required. Because the current one is not working.

A solution is needed to find what will.

How? We support them. we have always supported them. We still turn up, those of us that do, expecting to get behind our team and encourage them most of the time. The plain fact is that when they are unfit, poorly managed and unmotivated on top of being not good enough and lacking players of any quality in the most vital area of the pitch in the modern game - midfield- there is little that support can do. When things are going well for the team generally then support can spur players to give that extra bit of effort, to keep going for the extra few minutes or seconds that it takes to get a goal. But when your team is being mucked about by its supposed captain, badly managed by an incompetent who should never have been with in a mile of the job, low on confidence and energy not because of the result on the day but becausae of months of neglect and lack of motivation, how does cheering them on help. We're flogging a dead horse here and it's getting us nowhere. I still go, I still cheer if we score, but I don't approach matches with any sense of anticipation more with resignation. I watched the arsenal goals go in on MOTD and I couldn't even get angry - that's how bad it is.

Cannot fault your post at all. We all share the fustrations. Even more so, when we all want to do something about it. But find we cannot. Which makes things worse. Because the owners are not doing anything to resolve the situation - for example sack Kean - no matter how much fans protest. We need to find something that will move them to act. What that is, I have no idea.

Oh my goodness.

So protests don't happen at any other club? It's entirely exclusive to Blackburn Rovers. Just to have some perspective, this is the first Rovers protest in my lifetime. Venkys stand out as being by far and away the worst owners to grace the PL for a while, this is highlighted by Newcastle fans.

PL team fans that have protested recently - Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Arsenal (planning a protest).

Add to that the teams that are or were being booed on a regular basis like at Wolves and Sunderland. Mick McCarthy even agreed with the boo boys recently that the performance was terrible, and that he'd have reacted like that too.

It's not like we were amazing before Venkys. We were doing an exceptional job of treading water. Yet no protest. No protest under the awful Ince regime either. No protest during the Hodgson era. No protest during the days of Kidd. Ask yourself why. Could it be that the reasons for our downturn are quite different to those days?

The reasons for the protests are because of the total neglect not just because of a steep downturn in form.

You really aren't doing yourself any favours Pafell with that kind of post. It's borderline loopy.

I am fully aware of the reasons for protest, I totally agree with the reasons - I am not anti them at all. I just think something else needs to be done that will move venkys to act. What that is, I have no idea.

If you'd been at the Emirates on Saturday you would have seen for yourself that support makes no difference to this group of players. The fans got behind the players and the players simply failed to turn up. The sad reality is that Venky's and Kean have assembled a group of players who are not good enough for the Premier League and it's as simple as that. I dread to think what the reaction of the fans will be at Ewood if they perform like that on Saturday.

fully agree the situation is dire.

Spot on, it's the least worst long term option. with relegation and administartion we will hopefull be free of Venky;s, Anderson and Kean.

I'm praying we get beat every week.

I think the protests have at least been partially successful. You can't say they've been bad when they've triggered some media interest and been a focal point of fans' anger. That has to be better than critcising but offering no alternative.

I don't understand this "protesting makes it worse" standpoint. Arsenal fans protested on Saturday... Won 7-1... Everton fans protest every other week! These people get paid enormous amounts of money to give 100% each week. What the fans do regarding protests shouldn't interest professional footballers. WE HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO PROTEST AND ARE IN NO WAY WRONG FOR DOING SO!

Spot on, it's the least worst long term option. with relegation and administartion we will hopefull be free of Venky;s, Anderson and Kean.

I'm praying we get beat every week.

Seriously? Surely that makes us even less attractive if we get relegated?

As for administration, I don't think it's as simple as just deciding that that's the best option - there is a process to follow and whilst they still have the ability to meet their creditors demands then it's a non-starter

Archived