BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's willing to sell?

Didn't Curbishley resign?

I was at the Valley when he did a teary farewell on the pitch.

Though, a lot of their fans did come out with the old 'time for a change', 'took as far as he can' when he left.

Not sure about that - I know there was a big Curbishley out campaign because fans were fed up of finishing in the top half and not going further. Either way, they got what they wished for when he left and the club swiftly went into a nosedive. Sound familiar ?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about that - I know there was a big Curbishley out campaign because fans were fed up of finishing in the top half and not going further. Either way, they got what they wished for when he left and the club swiftly went into a nosedive. Sound familiar ?

He resigned, stating that he had took the club as far as he could.

Which club would they be interested in buying? They were apparently interested in buying Man Utd but it was amazingly expensive even for the crown prince of Qatar. Then they moved onto Everton and with the debts and costs of a new stadium, this also was deemed too expensive (I've been told by my Everton supporting good mate, half a billion). They then turned their attention to Rovers and allegedly the offer for the club was turned down point blank.

Man Utd - costs billions, too expensive.

Everton - big club but too expensive at half a billion.

Rovers - could get it relatively cheap but the owners don't want to sell.

What other Premier League clubs are there that can be had relatively cheap with owners that do want to sell? If you whittle it down there aren't many.

You sort of contradict yourself don't you. You ask which club could be had relatively cheaply. Where does cheap come ibto it? Surely if they were after Man U cheap is NOT the number one requirement. My question stands,

To be fair to Charlton at the time there was not massive investers in football and the top 6 was far more open to outsiders. Sadly for them the board employed a series of plonkers....sounds familiar to our onwers. I'm sure the people who were not entirely happy with your erstwhile hero Allardyce did not expect the reigns to be handed to a total incompetent tool.

It's a sad state of affairs and I'm sure many of the Sam detractors have changed their mind rather like the continent sized u-turn some did over John Williams

You sort of contradict yourself don't you. You ask which club could be had relatively cheaply. Where does cheap come ibto it? Surely if they were after Man U cheap is NOT the number one requirement. My question stands,

Contradiction? MUFC were enquired about and the asking price was too high. Same with Everton. What the Billy Ray Cyrus are you talking about?

Anyway according to the Villa faithful they are on the brink of being purchased by them.

http://astonvilla-views.com/2011/11/17/further-rumours-about-randy-avfc/

Contradiction? MUFC were enquired about and the asking price was too high. Same with Everton. What the Billy Ray Cyrus are you talking about?

Anyway according to the Villa faithful they are on the brink of being purchased by them.

I wouldn't have thought that the Qatari's would be interested in buying us now. Surely, they would have wanted the January transfer window to buy the players to keep us up and then push on in the summer. With it looking increasingly like we'll be in the championship next season (due to Kean still being manager and no money to spend in Jan), think they would want to buy a club guaranteed to be in the prem next season. I guess Villa fits the bill.

There's always others investors around though - Leicester got picked up by wealthy backers despite being in the championship. Ironically, their owners were apparently interested in buying us before Venky's took over.

He resigned, stating that he had took the club as far as he could.

For what its worth he didn't even really resign, he just decided not to sign a new contract when his old one expired and left on very good terms with all involved, or so the locals down here assure me.

Makes no sense to buy a club now. Wait till the season is over and take your pic outside the top 5. Villa could be a very big club but I do wonder how much support they actually have. Do they ever sell out Villa Park?

They used to in the 90's. Villa have huge potential.

But again you have to realize that a lot of the owners of PL clubs are quite happy with their lot. Whelan won't sell Wigan to foreigners. I don't think billionaires would want smaller newly promoted clubs. I think Rovers were just lucky in that we have a lot of history (some recent), we've been in the PL for a long time and proven it's possible, a stadium that doesn't need replacing and only a tiny amount of debt compared to others.

Of course now things are different. I still think if someone purchased the club and got a manager and new players in we could get out of the bottom but with these pillocks on board we haven't got a hope. And it's probably too late for anyone to launch a bid.

Of course now things are different. I still think if someone purchased the club and got a manager and new players in we could get out of the bottom but with these pillocks on board we haven't got a hope. And it's probably too late for anyone to launch a bid.

If Venkys had bought the club and double the budget of the club and just left it to run 99.9% fans would have been happy.

They will never sell, see below.....

“This is a lifetime association,” Rao continued. “My son is also very interested with it and will take over soon when he grows up. He is 17 and will be on the board when he becomes 21.

“I want to build a big fanbase for Blackburn Rovers in India. Within 1½ years, we will come up with an academy and a stadium in Pune. It will be known as Blackburn Academy Pune

“This is a lifetime association,” Rao continued. “My son is also very interested with it and will take over soon when he grows up. He is 17 and will be on the board when he becomes 21.

“I want to build a big fanbase for Blackburn Rovers in India. Within 1½ years, we will come up with an academy and a stadium in Pune. It will be known as Blackburn Academy Pune

Young Rao will be as thrilled about owning a League One Club as the Walkers were about owning a Premier League one...

I wonder how that's progressing - only six months to the grand opening..... Yeh, sure.

Too high yes but do you think they were thinking they could get them for about 30 million. you've eiyer missed my point or are choosing to ignore it. I think the latter. OR you may be Billy Ray Cyrusing it. WTF. Wouldnt it have been just as easy to say well they are looking at villa. Question answered then.

Too high yes but do you think they were thinking tey could get them for about 30 million. you've either missed my point or are choosing to ignore it. I think the latter. OR you may be Billy Ray Cyrusing it. WTF

Quote by B Venkatesh Rao in the Economic Times of India:

Q: If you could just focus on your investment in Blackburn Rovers. For the year 2011, the clubs turned in a loss of close to £20 million. Your debt position has gone up to over £26 million. Could you take us through what the current situation is at the club and going forward, what you are doing to revive the team?

A: Absolutely, everyday there is a rumour. As you see in this football, particularly in the English Premier League and of course very interesting and it is a passion game after all and there is nothing of that sort. You know what you asked me just now, but unfortunately or fortunately, we have not been doing so good in the beginning.

I would say it was a sheer luck factor, but now things are becoming better and we are picking up the game and totally the players are motivated and the manager is also motivated. I am sure we will be out of the woods.

Quote by B Venkatesh Rao in the Economic Times of India:

Q: If you could just focus on your investment in Blackburn Rovers. For the year 2011, the clubs turned in a loss of close to £20 million. Your debt position has gone up to over £26 million. Could you take us through what the current situation is at the club and going forward, what you are doing to revive the team?

A: Absolutely, everyday there is a rumour. As you see in this football, particularly in the English Premier League and of course very interesting and it is a passion game after all and there is nothing of that sort. You know what you asked me just now, but unfortunately or fortunately, we have not been doing so good in the beginning.

I would say it was a sheer luck factor, but now things are becoming better and we are picking up the game and totally the players are motivated and the manager is also motivated. I am sure we will be out of the woods.

There are no words :wacko:

Archived