BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Victor Caceres

chaddyrovers

Heard about this one earlier today. Does look like it is a "goer" but is he really what we need? Kean said that he wanted players who had PL experience yet we are back to picking up players from all over the world, with the deal for Modeste lined up and the full back's that we are looking at are all foreign.

Heard about this one earlier today. Does look like it is a "goer" but is he really what we need? Kean said that he wanted players who had PL experience yet we are back to picking up players from all over the world, with the deal for Modeste lined up and the full back's that we are looking at are all foreign.

any names to report Kamy?

Sorry no names. Also Caceres deal is far from complete, alot of work to do and it will be a permanent signing so that will need paying for (but will be cheap). He should get a work permit as a regular for Paraguay.

Fair enough, I liked the look of Caceres when I've seen him for Paraguay. No nonsence, good tackler. Just what we need.

very suprised this has come to public knowledge..... terrier of a midfielder, just what we need at mo..... however would rather someone with experience.... he defo would need time to adapt to prem pace etc ( we cant afford time). VERY VERY early stages...... cant see it happening in my opinion.

Def midfielders seem to normally settle in the UK pretty quick (Petrovic exlcuded as he is def midfielder he isnt the all action type), especially the all action types.

Hope this one is true, good player and sounds like a good price.

Why?

So early in the process I suppose.

Right sort of player anyway - a midfield battler - with real international pedigree. I hope he is going to hit the ground running.... that he is available so cheap while havig quite a lot exposure (winning the copa america) is mildly concerning.

It's ridiculous to assume that foreigners will always take ages to settle. Football history is littered with examples of established premiership players failing at new clubs here, or taking ages to settle also. Likewise there are many examples of foreigners adapting very quickly with no experience here. RSC, Benni, Jermain Jones, just off the top of my head and just for us. It is about the player - their personality, their attributes - and how they fit our team and league, not the nationality or experience in this league.

It's ridiculous to assume that foreigners will always take ages to settle. Football history is littered with examples of established premiership players failing at new clubs here, or taking ages to settle also. Likewise there are many examples of foreigners adapting very quickly with no experience here. RSC, Benni, Jermain Jones, just off the top of my head and just for us. It is about the player - their personality, their attributes - and how they fit our team and league, not the nationality or experience in this league.

Correct, but it should be a significant step up in competition to come from the Paraguayan league to the Premier League.

that he is available so cheap while havig quite a lot exposure (winning the copa america) is mildly concerning.

His namesake Martin Caceres won the Copa America. The same player who has played for Villareal, Barcelona, Juventus and Sevilla.

So early in the process I suppose.

Right sort of player anyway - a midfield battler - with real international pedigree. I hope he is going to hit the ground running.... that he is available so cheap while havig quite a lot exposure (winning the copa america) is mildly concerning.

Didn't Uruguay win the copa america?

Never heard of this guy but sounds half decent. However, I seem to remember some people on here raving about Petrovic when we signed him and he hasn't exactly set the league on fire just yet.

If we are signing this guy then surely do it on a short term basis til the end of the season first, then if it works out they can make the deal long term and if not he can go back to Paraguay.

Spot on.

Dont rule a player out just because he plays elsewhere. If you are a battler like this lad seems to be then he would relish stepping up and battling with the premier leagues best midfields. Noticed his stats for one club as 36 games, 3 red cards or something like that - lol, just what we have missed for years!!!

I think the main lesson to learn is that none of us have scouted this player, none of us know exactly what the plans are for him, none of us know the likelihood of the deal going through, none of us know the ridiculous amount of factors behind the psychology of a player playing overseas, so whilst speculation is fine (this is a forum for discussion after all) such strong convictions towards whether or not a player will be a good signing is largely pointless. The signing of Yakubu was slated by many (not all, of course) and the signings of Dann and Petrovic were hugely anticipated.

Then there were people who though Jermaine Jones was crap after his first few games and others who felt Formica would never make the first team off his reserve team appearances. Everyone here is an expert.

Archived