BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Victor Caceres

chaddyrovers

Paraguay last year reached the final after winning only one game all the way through the competition (excluding penalty-shoot outs), mainly down to solid defensive displays, keeping 3 clean sheets along the way 1 of which was against brazil, and caceres was instrumental in those defensive performances. He's just what we need for sure.

Not really suited to the softest league in the world then

What about next season? ;)

I don't honestly care if he racks up bookings and misses the odd game if he does what's needed to help find a clean sheet for once.

Besides, the south american teams are hardly rough and tumble types and he seems ok with that. And with Andy Johnson on our side there's one less diver to roll about crying :lol:

This fella caught my eye in the world cup, top player, and if we get him on a good deal then he'll do well for us whether we stay up or go down I hope he adapts quickly though.

While we are on the subject of Paraguayans we should be sticking in a cheeky loan bid for Lucas Barrios, I'm sure I read somewhere that he's not happy at his current club (one can only dream!!!) :rolleyes:

According to podcast 22 we are waiting to shift someone out first. Possibly Andrews to Wigan?

Can't happen until we shift someone, Andrews seems favourite with Wigan the most likely destination but it's taking an age.

The people I have talked say that Caceres would cost around £1.5-£2 million due to his contract situation.

They can't wait until the last minute to do this one due to the player needing a work permit etc.

Is the hold up more likely to be wages or fee? It doesn't matter how cheap he is, if we are looking to cut the wage bill the transfer fee isn't all to relevant, especially if they think they may be losing some players anyway (Samba). If its the fee that's the hold up and they are waiting for sales then it's nice to see they aren't banking on the Samba money and they will stand firm if need be.

Is the hold up more likely to be wages or fee? It doesn't matter how cheap he is, if we are looking to cut the wage bill the transfer fee isn't all to relevant, especially if they think they may be losing some players anyway (Samba). If its the fee that's the hold up and they are waiting for sales then it's nice to see they aren't banking on the Samba money and they will stand firm if need be.

Apparently its wages. Need to get some of the old guard off the wage bill. I would like to see Maynard and Caceres in. Not sure who this loan is that Kammy has mentioned being close to.

Apparently its wages. Need to get some of the old guard off the wage bill. I would like to see Maynard and Caceres in. Not sure who this loan is that Kammy has mentioned being close to.

Would also love to see these two join us. Think they would be good additions and wouldnt desert us if we did go down. If we shifted roberts n andrews and brought in these two, that would be good business.

Still no movement on this one.. from the podcast it is reliant on Andrews leaving.. oh dear..

Also get the feeling that given the selection of targets (at least Kean is looking to fix a major problem position I suppose) the best option (i.e. this lad) is the fallback option should the others fail. Mainly because he would cost something... will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Archived