BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How Blackburn have collapsed into chaos

Savory

Disappointing that the article doesn't show why losing 20m was such a massive deal.

Based on player acquisitions, we should have been way less in debt.

In fact, if they had left everything else in place, Williams etc in their roles, we could have had the equivalent of our largest ever transfer budget to be in the same financial position we actually find ourselves in! Hoillet would have signed- adding another 15m onto the assets.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely anybody with any sense wouldn't buy BRFC? Reasons...

Venkeys would at least want their money back and I'd not be suprised to find the clueless Joan expecting a profit.

We are looking odds on to be relegated, anybody buying would have to bin Kean and incur costs in doing so and face life without Premier League hand outs.

Relegation would see ST prices have to virtually double in price and leaving the club in turn struggling to sell half as many.

Far better to let the Lune from Pune blow her investment, let all the big earners take what they can and depart and then if they are still interested take the club off her hands for a 'stoploss' bargain basement price. It wouldn't be worth much to anybody w

else would it?

Personally I'd not want to bother buying BRFC now even if I had won the lottery for the last 10 weeks on the run.

So they only bought the club in order to promote Venkys Chicken. They don't actually give a damn about Rovers in anyway shape or form.

I'll be honest davul I have NEVER thought anything else. I'm amazed at people who could think the Venkeys bought BRFC for any other reason.

Surely anybody with any sense wouldn't buy BRFC? Reasons...

Venkeys would at least want their money back and I'd not be suprised to find the clueless Joan expecting a profit.

We are looking odds on to be relegated, anybody buying would have to bin Kean and incur costs in doing so and face life without Premier League hand outs.

Relegation would see ST prices have to virtually double in price and leaving the club in turn struggling to sell half as many.

Far better to let the Lune from Pune blow her investment, let all the big earners take what they can and depart and then if they are still interested take the club off her hands for a 'stoploss' bargain basement price. It wouldn't be worth much to anybody w

else would it?

Personally I'd not want to bother buying BRFC now even if I had won the lottery for the last 10 weeks on the run.

I think that is the unstopable voyage we are now on, nobody knows what the final destination is.

The further along the road we go, the cheaper we become, the vultures will be watching closely!

I used to look at Rovers and think there were many lessons we could learn from the way you were run, many ideas we could adopt. In fact I often felt in some ways it was a shame the clubs were such bitter enemies because it was this that stopped us making use of what would have been a great resource for us as we tried to build Burnley into a strong, well run and secure (financially) club.

In just a year the roles are reversed. Since appointing our new, young manager we have rebuilt much of our squad. Replaced older, high earners with limited resale value with young, hungry talent that could reap a decent financial reward when/if they are sold on. It is a strategy for a while that I thought was going to get us relegated and I wasn't convinced. I was wrong. Whether it can ultimately maintain us at our current level, possibly even bring the odd play off/promotion I don't know but rather this than the nightmare of 1987, Orient and near oblivion - even if I have to wait another 30 odd years for a victory over you lot. We've endured a torrid couple of years and no doubt mistakes have been made but my god I'd rather have our owners and board than yours.

Jack Walker could have bought us, you, Blackpool and PNE with loose change back then, sold every ground to a supermarket and built a stadium to be proud of somewhere along the M65/M61/M6 junction. One larger club with a much more sustainable fan base than four minnows who individually are only equipped to be perennial also rans yo yoing around the lower divisons for the rest of time.

I've no doubt that we'd be much better placed to withstand the cold wind that blowing right now.

Well we do have a few issues, namely the chairman I think would like to sell up but nobody has the cash at the moment.

:blink:

I thought you had more oil in your lamp longsider! Surely our situation MUST make you more careful of what you wish for? Have you learned nowt from our example?

Jack Walker could have bought us, you, Blackpool and PNE with loose change back then, sold every ground to a supermarket and built a stadium to be proud of somewhere along the M65/M61/M6 junction. One larger club with a much more sustainable fan base than four minnows who individually are only equipped to be perennial also rans yo yoing around the lower divisons for the rest of time.

I've no doubt that we'd be much better placed to withstand the cold wind that blowing right now.

I thought you had more oil in your lamp longsider! Surely our situation MUST make you more careful of what you wish for? Have you learned nowt from our example?

JW would have been more unpopular than Venky's if he had bought Burnley and PNE and closed them down. He would never have been able to show his face.

He also wouldn't have realised his dream which was to see BLACKBURN win the league not Lancashire ffs.

Can't believe there are only 2 pages on this thread. Huge deal for the Independent to have this as their lead story.

At least everyone should know what we've all known for months now. What a bloody shambles - we need a miracle.

The Venkey's have bitten off much more than they can chew and become a laughing stock in this country. I do hope it spreads to their homeland. It would be wonderful to think of the Pune 'smart set' laughing behind their hands at their predicament. The Indian equivalent of the old truism of 'clogs to clogs and back again in 3 generations' will hopefully be being nailed on them.

It doesn't help us of course but I do take some comfort from any embarrassment and shame which goes their way.

relax, close your eyes and feel the force

I tried that and now my monitor is covered is some white creamy slime like stuff, the force blows.

Sorry don't have time to proof read as I have to have all my year 8 books in to HOD (quality control) marked etc by tomorrow morning and am just taking a quick break whilst waiting for the kettle to boil to make tea to keep me awake. Adept

I was only playing, I can't say anything my english is deplorable.

If it's any help and quite probably time saving I find marking through knowledge of the individual far quicker than reading them all.

Not Lancashire United Theno, it is a bus company

Lancashire Rovers maybe!

So they only bought the club in order to promote Venkys Chicken. They don't actually give a damn about Rovers in anyway shape or form.

Because they don't want to spend any money, it explains why they have dismantled the board and replaced them with nobody and also just confirms that no matter what Kean does, he will never be sacked. As his wage will be considerably lower than any experienced, established manager.

Investing minimal amounts in the club and making up the remainder through player sales will rely heavily on our academy producing more and more phil jones's as Kean doesn't have the Hughes knack of spying a David Bentley or Santa Cruz to buy for peanuts and flog 2 season later for crazy amounts of cash.

All in all, we desperately need the owners to sell the club.

Rovers supporters should try to find away of creating an advert against their chicken business ,/ food etc. Find away of damaging their reputation in that business, just as they are doing to the club.

I think if hundreds of supporters spoke out about their chicken business. They may try to sell the club fast.

I tried that and now my monitor is covered is some white creamy slime like stuff, the force blows.

I was only playing, I can't say anything my english is deplorable.

If it's any help and quite probably time saving I find marking through knowledge of the individual far quicker than reading them all.

Problem is when you mark a piece of German you have to mark every spelling mistake, every missing capital letter, and then put positive comments and improvement tips on - do you think Steve will give me a hand when he's finished replying to the 500 letters he gets every day?

Problem is when you mark a piece of German you have to mark every spelling mistake, every missing capital letter, and then put positive comments and improvement tips on - do you think Steve will give me a hand when he's finished replying to the 500 letters he gets every day?

Fair do's, I don't really grade on who's a good student. I hope you get the marking done soon.

I have no doubt that such a popular and famous Scot as Kean would never pass on a damsel in distress.

I think you misunderstand theno - its not what I wish, I'd be happy for Kilby to carry on for years but I'm led to believe he wants out. The whispers would suggest that prior to his business collapsing Flood would have bought him out. As things stand it would appear Kilby would like to sell I just hope he has enough love left for the club not to sell to anybody connected to chickens :)

I'd lend a hand gumboots only I'm too busy writing those letters! ^_^

Sorry don't have time to proof read as I have to have all my year 8 books in to HOD (quality control) marked etc by tomorrow morning and am just taking a quick break whilst waiting for the kettle to boil to make tea to keep me awake. Adept

But don't you work from 9-4 with 3 months off a year? :rolleyes:

But don't you work from 9-4 with 3 months off a year? :rolleyes:

Tell you what, my sons a teacher and with lesson planning, marking etc a 14 to 15 hour day is the norm, not to mention extra curriculem activities!!

9 - 4 never in later than 8-20am and not to mention PTA meetings, training and other activities!!

Its much more difficult than you think, certainly opened my eyes!!

The Venkey's have bitten off much more than they can chew and become a laughing stock in this country. I do hope it spreads to their homeland. It would be wonderful to think of the Pune 'smart set' laughing behind their hands at their predicament. The Indian equivalent of the old truism of 'clogs to clogs and back again in 3 generations' will hopefully be being nailed on them.

It doesn't help us of course but I do take some comfort from any embarrassment and shame which goes their way.

If rumour is correct, it's happening already !

Tell you what, my sons a teacher and with lesson planning, marking etc a 14 to 15 hour day is the norm, not to mention extra curriculem activities!!

9 - 4 never in later than 8-20am and not to mention PTA meetings, training and other activities!!

He's duped you Kelbo! He's kicking back on a chaise longue getting his marking done by all the kids in detention.

I'm an ex-teacher, you missed the irony.

:tu: "I can see what you're trying to do here", "I'm confident you have great potential to achieve positive results in the second half of the year","I think that on another day if there was a bit more ink in your pen, one of your answers would have been correct," "I always feel that you're about to go on an unbeaten run (despite failing the last ten vocab. tests)", "If you look at the stats there are only three other pupils in this top set that have got more points than you from a position of failing your first module." "You can measure results in different ways - your points, or your improvements, or the price that you are worth to our dept. (retention rate bonuses? extra hours on staff timetables?). We have a class that is worth more money than it was six months ago." I'm sorry for my silliness, Gumboots. Full sympathy for the mark load. PM me any crackers you come across!

Rovers supporters should try to find away of creating an advert against their chicken business ,/ food etc. Find away of damaging their reputation in that business, just as they are doing to the club.

I think if hundreds of supporters spoke out about their chicken business. They may try to sell the club fast.

You mean like spreading unfounded rumors and innuendo about food safety?

The interesting thing is that the figure of £3-5 million a season is laughed at, but actually had Venky's kept the board structure in place and not changed very much, this would have been absolutely fine. It would have either plugged a hole in our wage budget so we could spend everything we got back in transfers, or if we were lucky maybe even given a bit of a surplus. Towards the end the Trust had cut off their £3 million and we were still doing fine and we still had so many saleable assets in the team that would see us good for another few years at the very least.

After just one year of mismanagement however, it's gonna take a hell of a lot more.

Archived