BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How Blackburn have collapsed into chaos

Savory

I used to look at Rovers and think there were many lessons we could learn from the way you were run, many ideas we could adopt. In fact I often felt in some ways it was a shame the clubs were such bitter enemies because it was this that stopped us making use of what would have been a great resource for us as we tried to build Burnley into a strong, well run and secure (financially) club.

In just a year the roles are reversed. Since appointing our new, young manager we have rebuilt much of our squad. Replaced older, high earners with limited resale value with young, hungry talent that could reap a decent financial reward when/if they are sold on. It is a strategy for a while that I thought was going to get us relegated and I wasn't convinced. I was wrong. Whether it can ultimately maintain us at our current level, possibly even bring the odd play off/promotion I don't know but rather this than the nightmare of 1987, Orient and near oblivion - even if I have to wait another 30 odd years for a victory over you lot. We've endured a torrid couple of years and no doubt mistakes have been made but my god I'd rather have our owners and board than yours.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Qatar are not the only folk who were interested in the club. But Qatar - if they made and offer - did so very wimpish in my opinion. Tentative enquiry, told not for sale, then went. So you have to question how serious they were in the first place.

I also heard there is local interest in the club. I am wondering if Battersby hinting that if a serious bid came in, it maybe be considered, is a shift in baliji's position.

If they they made a bid and the owner said "no sale' and they are as rich as we are led to believe, why wouldn't they say "OK,no skin off our nose' and look somewhere else? What's "wimpish" about that?

You don't believe any Qataris made an offer, do you? Why? Because Philip L said they did?

How is the sale speil going to go

buy Blackburn Rovers which turns over £50mill a year but you will have to put in a minimum of £5mill a year with no return, oh and you need to assume £26 mill of debt as well,

well thats going to be a big list of willing buyers to choose from

I agree, would be very difficult for us to be flogged to anyone. Worrying.

If they they made a bid and the owner said "no sale' and they are as rich as we are led to believe, why wouldn't they say "OK,no skin off our nose' and look somewhere else? What's "wimpish" about that?

You don't believe any Qataris made an offer, do you? Why? Because Philip L said they did?

Yes they had the money and can chose to buy whoever they want. Everton are for sale, yet considered not a good investment. Rovers were and remain the cheapest option. I am of the view that if you really want something, you do all you can, legally to get it.

As to the Philip comment. That is just plain daft.

I used to look at Rovers and think there were many lessons we could learn from the way you were run, many ideas we could adopt. In fact I often felt in some ways it was a shame the clubs were such bitter enemies because it was this that stopped us making use of what would have been a great resource for us as we tried to build Burnley into a strong, well run and secure (financially) club.

In just a year the roles are reversed. Since appointing our new, young manager we have rebuilt much of our squad. Replaced older, high earners with limited resale value with young, hungry talent that could reap a decent financial reward when/if they are sold on. It is a strategy for a while that I thought was going to get us relegated and I wasn't convinced. I was wrong. Whether it can ultimately maintain us at our current level, possibly even bring the odd play off/promotion I don't know but rather this than the nightmare of 1987, Orient and near oblivion - even if I have to wait another 30 odd years for a victory over you lot. We've endured a torrid couple of years and no doubt mistakes have been made but my god I'd rather have our owners and board than yours.

To be fair, Burnley are still in a bit of a shambles off the pitch (Boardroom/ownership), not that Rovers are in any position to make fun any more :(

To be fair, Burnley are still in a bit of a shambles off the pitch (Boardroom/ownership), not that Rovers are in any position to make fun any more :(

Well we do have a few issues, namely the chairman I think would like to sell up but nobody has the cash at the moment. That said every single one of our board and major shareholders are Burnley fans, all born relatively locally too. Having said that we do seem to have a strategy in place and everybody is working towards the same goals. The only real blot, now we know how they spunked the premier league windfall :( , is the ground ownership issue .

• Moderation Lead

Maybe this will enlighten the world outside East Lancs about why Rovers fans may be angry.... That said, they'll probably ignore it, as with everything else and concentrate on the 'vitriolic' abuse of Steve Kean.... :rolleyes:

Yes they had the money and can chose to buy whoever they want. Everton are for sale, yet considered not a good investment. Rovers were and remain the cheapest option. I am of the view that if you really want something, you do all you can, legally to get it.

As to the Philip comment. That is just plain daft.

The problem is Paffel timing, i believe from statements made by Kamy and Philipl, they made an offer in November with a 3 day deadline inorder to go through due diligence, bring a new manger and backroom team etc and arrange transfer dealings by the 1st of January.

Once past that deadline it does not make sense as you'll have a rush to do anything in January to avoid relegation etc. So the timing of a purchase of Rovers once past mid November would be the summer once you know what league we are in or move to another target that is more than likely in the premiership next season such as Villa.

according to the article, we had a slight loss at around 2 million last year, so the plan to throw in 3-5 million a year and be smart in the transfer market, was fine.. That would basically, be just like the trust, plus those 3-5 million. sadly they fired exactly those people, who had made our club one of the most well runned.

this article really demonstrates, the sheer stupidity we fans are dealing with. Im amazed they thought and still think, that they could/can run a football club this way.

the club is being run, exactly like venky´s want it to be and therefore the slim hope i had for changes, is really gone. They really seem set on doing it their way and we´ve seen how that works for the last 15 months. So we know what to expect now and thats a quite depressing thought.

Can't believe there are only 2 pages on this thread. Huge deal for the Independent to have this as their lead story.

At least everyone should know what we've all known for months now. What a bloody shambles - we need a miracle.

The Independent is a start, but until all the nationals start reporting stories like this on their back pages Rovers fans will still be seen as the "bad guys".

Until Kean loses his image of being bullied by the supporters (thanks to the media) the vast majority of fans from other clubs will remain against us.

Nothing new in that article to be fair. We all know Venky's are absolutely clueless and that Mrs D is the leader of these idiots.

The day Venky's took over this club will go down as one of if not the most tragic day in our history.

Quite seriously....The way that Venkys are going about the business of owning BRFC is most definitely the single worst instance of mismanagement that our club has ever experienced in all it's 137 years of existence. And it is all down to their complete ignorance of how PL football clubs operate, and the total absence of an experienced board of directors.

In the light of the article in the Independant, I almost feel sorry for Kean given the crazy conditions that Mrs Desai expects him to operate under; but this sympathy is tempered by the obvious feeling that he is a complete fool to himself for ever taking such conditions on.

This whole crazy business needs to be investigated by the PL and the FA, and suitable action taken to stop it ASAP.

I've an idea, let's buy Venky's Chickens in Pune and then put John Williams, Tom Finn and Martin Goodman in charge of running that business. They'll be based in Blackburn though of course. We'll then promote someone off the shop floor in Pune to run the thing and get rid of the extremely experienced current manager.

Sure, Williams, Finn and Goodman know absolutely nothing about the industry or the intricacies of the business but what's the problem? What could possibly go wrong? Oh and also - they'll take all their advise from someone who supplies chickens to the company.

Utter madness.

I've an idea, let's buy Venky's Chickens in Pune and then put John Williams, Tom Finn and Martin Goodman in charge of running that business. They'll be based in Blackburn though of course. We'll then promote someone off the shop floor in Pune to run the thing and get rid of the extremely experienced current manager.

Sure, Williams, Finn and Goodman know absolutely nothing about the industry or the intricacies of the business but what's the problem? What could possibly go wrong? Oh and also - they'll take all their advise from someone who supplies chickens to the company.

Utter madness.

thing is, I reckon Jw Finn and Goodman, being adpet at running a football club could probably run venkys chicken businesss, because if they couldn't they'd find someone who could pretty quickly when they realised the advice they were getting from the chicken supplier was rubbish.

thing is, I reckon Jw Finn and Goodman, being adpet at running a football club could probably run venkys chicken businesss, because if they couldn't they'd find someone who could pretty quickly when they realised the advice they were getting from the chicken supplier was rubbish.

Hi Gumboots, obviously I realise your busy teaching the next wave of youngsters, but I was hoping you could tell me what a adpet was?

Hi Gumboots, obviously I realise your busy teaching the next wave of youngsters, but I was hoping you could tell me what a adpet was?

I think adpet is a typo,

or is it one of those new words for a media groupie

you know, like stevie is to lover boy from Sky

Quite seriously....The way that Venkys are going about the business of owning BRFC is most definitely the single worst instance of mismanagement that our club has ever experienced in all it's 137 years of existence. And it is all down to their complete ignorance of how PL football clubs operate, and the total absence of an experienced board of directors.

In the light of the article in the Independant, I almost feel sorry for Kean given the crazy conditions that Mrs Desai expects him to operate under; but this sympathy is tempered by the obvious feeling that he is a complete fool to himself for ever taking such conditions on.

This whole crazy business needs to be investigated by the PL and the FA, and suitable action taken to stop it ASAP.

+2

Sorry don't have time to proof read as I have to have all my year 8 books in to HOD (quality control) marked etc by tomorrow morning and am just taking a quick break whilst waiting for the kettle to boil to make tea to keep me awake. Adept

Archived