BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How Blackburn have collapsed into chaos

Savory

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's quite facinating. To me it explodes the hope that things will ever change under Venkys. Clearly the lady is not for turning.

She treats Rovers in exactly the same way as any other arm of their various businesses. To her 3M is a fair price to pay for the world-wide publicity owning a football club brings to them.

She has no other interest in us. However the plan will fail, is failing and we will end up in administration.

whatever happens it is clear that for all his inexperience, there is absolutely no other manager in the league that has to go through what he does with his owners. And in fairness to him, for all the comments of crawling up the owners legs, it is clear that they would expect any manager to do the same, as head of their Football division of chicken slaughtering. Kean. In because if Kean out we may end up with the Brazilian division head as the new boss. Pinch me and tell me this is a bad dream.

• Backroom

Nothing new in that article to be fair. We all know Venky's are absolutely clueless and that Mrs D is the leader of these idiots.

The day Venky's took over this club will go down as one of if not the most tragic day in our history.

Philip sorry to be pedantic but it is not 4 hours travelling it is 14 hours as the article says 10 hours to Mumbai and a 4 hour drive to Pune thus making it 14 hours how anyone can be asked to do one of these trips every month is ludicrous but I think 47er is right it is obvious Anderson obviously told them they could run the club on 3-5M a season and well done to Ian's Battersvy & Currie he is absolutely right 20M needs to be committed to Premier League safety either that or re-build from the championship or just sell up though it does not surprise me he has not received a reply to his email obviously all emails are lost in Mrs D's in tray!.

Nothing new in that article to be fair. We all know Venky's are absolutely clueless and that Mrs D is the leader of these idiots.

The day Venky's took over this club will go down as one of if not the most tragic day in our history.

You're correct when you say that there is nothing new in the article, but the one good thing is that at least a national paper is now highlighting it to the wider population.

More articles like this are needed to help to try and educate and to explain to people that the club is being destroyed.

Ridiculous bring in a manager from Brazil to do transfers. More dillousional fantasies on how a football club is run. We are gonna end up with the likes of the fictional Ronaldiho and Bruno "next Denis Irwin" Ribero.

You're correct when you say that there is nothing new in the article, but the one good thing is that at least a national paper is now highlighting it to the wider population.

More articles like this are needed to help to try and educate and to explain to people that the club is being destroyed.

Spot on. We can't moan at lack of media interest then dismiss any articles as old news.

Hear, hear.

We've known, or suspected, most of this for ages; but, like ldb says, it's good that the national media are beginning to take an interest.

Article also suggests that if somebody offered to buy the club off venkys it could be considered. If that is correct, I suggest Qatar or whoever maybe interested, make a public offer for the club. That way we can be sure an offer was real. I am starting to wonder how serious Qatar really were.

Shame they have a predictable pop at the fans again.

That sounded like Battersby trying to mend bridges.

The thing that worries me is the bloody mindedness of seemingly rather assisting the club's suicide when it doesn't want to die.

And £2-3m ANNUALLY!?!

Article also suggests that if somebody offered to buy the club off venkys it could be considered. If that is correct, I suggest Qatar or whoever maybe interested, make a public offer for the club. That way we can be sure an offer was real. I am starting to wonder how serious Qatar really were.

Qatar are on the point of closing the deal to buy Villa according to many sources. We missed that boat in October when Balaji blocked the sale.

Qatar are on the point of closing the deal to buy Villa according to many sources. We missed that boat in October when Balaji blocked the sale.

Qatar are not the only folk who were interested in the club. But Qatar - if they made and offer - did so very wimpish in my opinion. Tentative enquiry, told not for sale, then went. So you have to question how serious they were in the first place.

I also heard there is local interest in the club. I am wondering if Battersby hinting that if a serious bid came in, it maybe be considered, is a shift in baliji's position.

Qatar are not the only folk who were interested in the club. But Qatar - if they made and offer - did so very wimpish in my opinion. Tentative enquiry, told not for sale, then went. So you have to question how serious they were in the first place.

I also heard there is local interest in the club. I am wondering if Battersby hinting that if a serious bid came in, it maybe be considered, is a shift in baliji's position.

Agree with the lack of real interest in Rovers to back up the bid. However, given that thus suggests a good deal of persuasion went into assisting the enquiry it doesn't make it any less disappointing.

However your second statement makes it sound like Belaji has any say in the matter! I'm not sure he has.

Seems obsurd to most people that anyone would turn to a football coach of all people to run a 60m a year business and manage a football team at the same time, but I was beginning to think this may be the case and it is beyond joke worthy... India, Brazil etc are not buried in the level of red tape and legalities that surrounds a uk business, never mind one that also has a wide range of extra legal responsibilities being a football club, but to expect a football coach to be able to handle this and expect the board to just disappear is so dangerous it is unthinkable.

Under Venkys and their level of utter brilliance we are without a doubt doomed to reaching the heady heights of administration or liquidation within 2 years of them buying us.

So they only bought the club in order to promote Venkys Chicken. They don't actually give a damn about Rovers in anyway shape or form.

Because they don't want to spend any money, it explains why they have dismantled the board and replaced them with nobody and also just confirms that no matter what Kean does, he will never be sacked. As his wage will be considerably lower than any experienced, established manager.

Investing minimal amounts in the club and making up the remainder through player sales will rely heavily on our academy producing more and more phil jones's as Kean doesn't have the Hughes knack of spying a David Bentley or Santa Cruz to buy for peanuts and flog 2 season later for crazy amounts of cash.

All in all, we desperately need the owners to sell the club.

So they only bought the club in order to promote Venkys Chicken. They don't actually give a damn about Rovers in anyway shape or form.

Because they don't want to spend any money, it explains why they have dismantled the board and replaced them with nobody and also just confirms that no matter what Kean does, he will never be sacked. As his wage will be considerably lower than any experienced, established manager.

Investing minimal amounts in the club and making up the remainder through player sales will rely heavily on our academy producing more and more phil jones's as Kean doesn't have the Hughes knack of spying a David Bentley or Santa Cruz to buy for peanuts and flog 2 season later for crazy amounts of cash.

All in all, we desperately need the owners to sell the club.

How is the sale speil going to go

buy Blackburn Rovers which turns over £50mill a year but you will have to put in a minimum of £5mill a year with no return, oh and you need to assume £26 mill of debt as well,

well thats going to be a big list of willing buyers to choose from

How is the sale speil going to go

buy Blackburn Rovers which turns over £50mill a year but you will have to put in a minimum of £5mill a year with no return, oh and you need to assume £26 mill of debt as well,

well thats going to be a big list of willing buyers to choose from

Exactly who in their right mind would possibly buy the club?? Venkys have ruined the core of the club by getting rid of and not replacing absolute key structures of the club Allardyce, Williams, Finn et al BUT in these last 12 months banks have far bigger fish to fry than lend money to football teams who are really going to struggle to get too much bigger and have stopped having any interest in clubs in the bottom half of the league. Look at Everton regularly finish higher than us, have better attendances so would pull in more cash than us oh yeah and have a paying sponsor and during the summer Kenwright very honestly came out and said the banks simply will not lend us any money. Bolton with Gartside and Wigan with Whelan are merely being funded blindly by owners who support the club when it comes to them stepping down the clubs have absolutely no way of making enough money to support their outgoings. The arse is dropping out of the game people and due to the way we are being run we will be one of the front runners unfortunately.

As much as it pains me to say it anybody looking to purchase BRFC needs their head looking at!!

Archived