SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Holidays

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Will have to tap him up for into

I imagine most of his are somewhere near the edge of a fairway though, some friends just had the idea of a few of us booking but there will be 3 toddlers if we did go which makes it a little trickier to sort

Tom either book through a reputable company, someone you know who really owns the villa or find a method to be 100% certain the property exists AND you are speaking with the person who rents it out.

A current scam is to advertise a villa, take the cash and when you arrive you can't access it for a variety of reasons.

If it was me, with three toddlers, I would look at inland France. Good weather etc. but also relief from potentially high temperatures and crowds on the coast.

I'm on the Dibb yeah - no surprise

We do prefer to stay on site at Disney, it can be happy happy smiley overkill for some people but I like all the theming etc, it will be the little ones first trip to Florida we went to paris with him last year and he loved that.

If you haven't booked yet Thomas Cook are doing good prices for flights from Manchester and they are flying into Orlando international from next year as well

Took your advice Tom and checked out Thomas Cook prices, damn sight cheaper than Virgin. I'm not expecting as good a quality as Virgin but at £1000 total between us I really couldn't care. Booked them last night. I think that they may take quite a bit of business away from Virgin at those prices for direct flights to Orlando international.

Gonna check out that Halloween Horror Nights at Universal while we're there, have you done that in the past?

• Backroom

No mate we've done Mickeys Halloween Party which was fun and we will do next year

HHN are meant to be pretty scary in the maze type areas which should be fun but no chance with a 3 year old ha

In honesty for the saving with Thomas Cook I'd sit on the floor for 9 hours

When do you go?

No mate we've done Mickeys Halloween Party which was fun and we will do next year

HHN are meant to be pretty scary in the maze type areas which should be fun but no chance with a 3 year old ha

In honesty for the saving with Thomas Cook I'd sit on the floor for 9 hours

When do you go?

25th September we fly, educated guess says the food and wine festival will open around the 28th?

That's a fair point about HHN, I bet a 3 yeard old would have the time of his life at Mickey's.

My mate just got back from there and he said the longest queue he saw was for Transformers at 35 minutes.

• Backroom

You been in September before? Queues are good (although disneyworld is never truly quiet these days due to the offers) and the weather is great the only slight downside is the risk of hurricanes which can be anytime in summer and the love bugs but they don't bother me too much

23rd September to 7th October for us :) I'll let you buy me a $10 beer at Epcot!

No never been in September, we've been in July and also in August. The queues never seem to bother me too much anyway as there's plenty of time to do everything really and there's no way I'm gonna go that far and not do something just because of a queue.

So you're going next year as well then? Ha I'll catch you round the world showcase!

Just got back from Canstatter Wasen in Stuttgart and Oktoberfest in Munich. Both brilliant and crazy. Don't think I've ever drunk so much beer! Think I'd like to do it again next year!

• 1 year later...

You been in September before? Queues are good (although disneyworld is never truly quiet these days due to the offers) and the weather is great the only slight downside is the risk of hurricanes which can be anytime in summer and the love bugs but they don't bother me too much

23rd September to 7th October for us :) I'll let you buy me a $10 beer at Epcot!

I had my first trip to Disney last week.

It was a last minute decision and despite the massive queues all of us had a good time.

I do wonder why people go in July and August. The heat is unreal and it's warmish where I live. It was 30oC+ last week.

• Backroom

With the little un starting school this year our next disney trip (probably next year) will have to be in August.

Kos for us this year in one of the First Choice Holiday Villages, expecting it to be manic but we'll see

Spent 3 months travelling across the states last year, despite it being a wonderful place we're giving it a miss this year, unless Froch fights Chavez in Vegas later in the year that is!

We're off to Georgopoulos in Crete, wonderful place thats extremely quiet but functional.

Spent 3 months travelling across the states last year, despite it being a wonderful place we're giving it a miss this year, unless Froch fights Chavez in Vegas later in the year that is!

We're off to Georgopoulos in Crete, wonderful place thats extremely quiet but functional.

Why don't you go to Skegness and donate some of that expense to the poor at the food banks? Austerity for the lowly, Gav?

Why don't you go to Skegness and donate some of that expense to the poor at the food banks? Austerity for the lowly, Gav?

Have you been to Skegness? Costs a bleedin fortune smart arse.

Crete is great value at the moment Gav and some fantastic bargains are to be had; You must try the taxi boats on the South coast to those beaches inaccessible by car....you may have to don your trunks mind you so you don't look out of place.

If the Froch v Chavez fight comes off in Vegas I will probably join you.....if you will have me of course!,

Just booked Manhattan for a week later this year, just love the galleries, museums and "alternative" areas/villages; also like Queens and Brooklyn.

• 3 weeks later...

Been in Grenada for a few days, was here in time for Friday and Saturday in the test match.

I have to say this is the most beautiful, friendly place I've been to in the Caribbean ... and this part of the world is rarely unfriendly.

But this is much less "in your face" than more touristy destinations ... and it's as safe as anywhere I've ever been.

It's the sort of place where people just pull over and offer you a lift (and you know it's safe), everyone helps everyone else, and from school children upwards, the key word is respect. After you, no - after you ... and thank you, have a good evening.

Will be coming back here for sure. Flew with BA and American Airlines via Miami, was much cheaper than you might imagine.

Been in Grenada for a few days, was here in time for Friday and Saturday in the test match.

I have to say this is the most beautiful, friendly place I've been to in the Caribbean ... and this part of the world is rarely unfriendly.

But this is much less "in your face" than more touristy destinations ... and it's as safe as anywhere I've ever been.

It's the sort of place where people just pull over and offer you a lift (and you know it's safe), everyone helps everyone else, and from school children upwards, the key word is respect. After you, no - after you ... and thank you, have a good evening.

Will be coming back here for sure. Flew with BA and American Airlines via Miami, was much cheaper than you might imagine.

Fantastic place and some lovely small hotels.

Last time I went a couple of the locals had Rovers shirts with "Roberts" on the back!! :-)

How was the transit through Miami Tris? We have that joy coming in November when we're off to Central America.

Heading off to Corsica and Nice in the summer, followed by a probable cycle tour in the Jura and two weeks in Cuba come November. We've never been to the Caribean and have wanted to go for years. Decided we must go now since Mr Obama has declared they are good guys and the place will change very rapidly

Cuba is a wonderful experience Paul and I doubt much will have changed by November. Just make sure that you don't spend all your time in an all-inclusive resort and get out into the country. Havana is a wonderful place although Trinidad was my favourite.

At the same time I'll be in Nicaragua and Costa Rica.

Heading off to Corsica and Nice in the summer, followed by a probable cycle tour in the Jura and two weeks in Cuba come November. We've never been to the Caribean and have wanted to go for years. Decided we must go now since Mr Obama has declared they are good guys and the place will change very rapidly

Corsica is possibly my favourite place Paul. I think it's a stunning Island. Propranolol and Ajaccio are beautiful. Where are you staying?

Archived