BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jason Roberts

LeChuck

Jason Roberts set to join Reading from Blackburn Rovers

I know it's being discussed elsewhere, but I think he deserves his own topic.

Some really nice messages on his Twitter, which also make it sound like the deal is done:

Jason Roberts

....COYB.....!!!!

Jason Roberts

I have so many Friends at the Club that I will always want the best for BRFC.. I wish the Fans, Staff and Players SUCCESS now and forever!!

Jason Roberts

First Off...I would like thank all BRFC Fans for the AMAZING msgs of support.. I have enjoyed every moment of my time at the Club...

Can't say I've been a fan of his but it takes a lot of grace to say good things about a club, especially when he's been shunted out due to contractual issues.

Good luck Jason!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I saw this seasons OPTA stats in the Times the other day.

10 starts, 3 shots, none on target. I don't think he's being forced out due to contractual issues, unless we have offered to pay him per goal...

It was always fun to watch him shoot and be pleasantly surprised when he hit the target.

Fans that sit on either sides of the goals now have one less worry.

The man always tried for us and always put a shift in however and popped up with some important goals.

Good luck Mr. Roberts.

How the hell he played in the Premier League for this long is a mystery to me, but fair play to him.

How he played for Rovers for so long, more like. Then again, we have the Trust to thank for that one.

Good luck to him.

Good bloke but Venkys arse licking started to get on my wick towards the end, couldn't hit a barn door with a cow's arse either and can't see that changing with Reading in the Championship.

All the best to him though.

Agreed. His patronising tweets about 'getting behind the lads' and, about Venkys, 'the future is bright, glass half-full' blah blah, 'Bala drove me around in his sports car' crap really did irritate me and he clearly backed the wrong horse there.

However, I think he is likely to find his level and get a few goals in the Championship. Glad he has moved- for his benefit as well as ours- and I hope he has success at Reading. Seems a very decent guy so good luck to him.

Worst 1 on 1 striker the game has ever seen, but he always worked his socks off.

Good luck Jase.

SPOT ON! but I have always liked him for the effort and hard work he put on when he put on a rovers shiurt. And he has taken a lot of stick from us fans. Good luck to him, very good signing for reading. Would also like to know the fee. I would say around 300,000 ?

I wish him all the best!

He is a fantastic person, but as a goalscorer, he wasnt good enough, I imagine he will do well in the Championship though.

Probably going to score against us next season when we meet them down there :rolleyes:

One thing though, in the statement on rovers.co.uk, they didnt wish him good luck as they do with every player and staff who is leaving.

Only me who thought that was a bit strange? Maybe Im just paying too much attention to little things like that. But he has been here since 2006, that is a long time in football.

Good luck Jason , you always tried ..

I have one memory of Jason I will not forget ..

On a wet evening in Leverkusen 6 yards out goal gaping and missed after only 5mins !!! think he missed another good chance 5 or 10 mins later ...

I think that sums up Jason at Rovers but always seemed a nice genuine chap..

Archived