BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jason Roberts

LeChuck

It was always fun to watch him shoot and be pleasantly surprised when he hit the target.

Fans that sit on either sides of the goals now have one less worry.

The man always tried for us and always put a shift in however and popped up with some important goals.

Good luck Mr. Roberts.

That is one of the funniest posts I've read on here for a long time :brfcsmilie:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last January our new stand in chairman Jerome Anderson awarded Jase with a twelve month contract extension.

This season Jase has scored a solitary goal.

Makes Venky's decision to isolate John Williams and ask Jerome to 'help' look even more stupid.

Mind you the place was 'rocking' after all the new contracts were handed out.

I bet it was! :wstu:

He was an employee of the club talking on national radio. He was hardly going to have a pop at Kean or Venkys was he? I dont blame him for that particularly.

Awful player and should have gone 2/3 seasons ago. Glad to see him gone.

Seems a nice enough bloke and I hope he does well at Reading.

Highlights: That goal against Chelsea in the cup semi and Bolton away 07/08 when he ran through 3 tackles and squeezed a shot into the near corner in the last minute.

Guest Rovers4Good

Good luck to him, i've met him many times and he's such a nice guy, yeh not the best on the ball but very strong and defo prefer him to the penguin Goodwillie. :)

Good luck Jason - didn't deserve the stick he got from some fans. May not have been the best finisher - but very often he created chances for himself that nobody else had the pace or power for. If we are realistic - if he could finish, we wouldn't have been able to afford him in the first place - on his day he was virtually unplayable, just a shame he couldn't put the finishing touches to some often good approach play.

Last January our new stand in chairman Jerome Anderson awarded Jase with a twelve month contract extension.

This season Jase has scored a solitary goal.

Makes Venky's decision to isolate John Williams and ask Jerome to 'help' look even more stupid.

Mind you the place was 'rocking' after all the new contracts were handed out.

I bet it was! :wstu:

Yeah the place must have been seriously rocking as they had to offer the established players more money because they just saw an established manager sacked in place of a novice first team coach.

On Roberts, bit sad to see him go, obviously not the best of finishers however wish him the best of luck.

Not a particularly good striker, but seemed like a good man and always seemed to be trying his hardest. Best of luck to Jason, and hopefully we can put the money we were wasting on his salary to more productive use.

Into Barclays Bank vault, no doubt.

Agree with the rest of your post, however.

Even though he scored (eventually) I feel embarrassed for him. He takes a weak penalty and somehow falls over onto the ball and bundles it home by accident. Roberts all over.

Just saw it. Made me laugh out loud- I think in part just because he looked like such a donkey but more out of sheer relief that we won't have to endure watching him in a Rovers shirt again.

Archived