BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] We Are The Rovrs

I know and understand this may appear like a Churchillian speech but we are where we are. The status quo regarding the internal structure within the club or ownership is unlikely to change regardless before the end of the season.

IMO,I think we as true Rovers fans along with players and staff who have a heart, should unite, starting on Saturday, make Ewood a fortress and create a real atmosphere. Most importantly let's all start enjoying going again and give it our best shot at staying up. After all, we support Blackburn Rovers, not Kean, not Venkys.

Let's give it our best shot and sort the rest in the summer.

We Are The Rovers!

• Backroom

As long as Steve Kean is in charge Ewood will never be a fortress. People can chant "Stevie Kean's barmy army" or "We love you Rovers, we do" til they're blue in the face but it isn't going to change the fact we've got a pillock in charge of affairs on the pitch and the team is being set up to fail each and every week we play.

As long as Steve Kean is in charge Ewood will never be a fortress. People can chant "Stevie Kean's barmy army" or "We love you Rovers, we do" til they're blue in the face but it isn't going to change the fact we've got a pillock in charge of affairs on the pitch and the team is being set up to fail each and every week we play.

I get and understand your drift but it's the same old drivel. Steve Kean's a wxxxxr,, should never have been appointed as manager but if Arsene Wenger was manager in the same circumstances, he'd have failed as well.

We Are where We Are, it ain't going to change before the summer.I don't really want to re-emphasise the point the point I was trying to make but I for one don't ever envisage ' Steve Kean's Blue and White Army' reverberating around Ewood.

I just think we all need to get real and support the Rovers. Not Kean, not Venkys. BLACKBURN ROVERS!

The team has been very well supported and look where we are

Your patronising 'get real' comments are unnecessary

All Rovers fans are 'real' and they are fully aware of the situation.

Not beating Norwich at home on April 21st will be the day we drop

Your patronising 'get real' comments are unnecessary

Come on. Give the bloke a break. His intentions are good and he only wants what we all want. I'm sure this thread was born out of pure desperation. The same desperate feeling i know i have had and i suspect most other fans have too.

I get and understand your drift but it's the same old drivel. Steve Kean's a wxxxxr,, should never have been appointed as manager but if Arsene Wenger was manager in the same circumstances, he'd have failed as well.

Do you really believe that?!

It's Kean's total incompetence why we are where we are on the pitch and in the league.

Any proper manager (rather than a 1st team coach) would have done a considerably better job.

I know and understand this may appear like a Churchillian speech but we are where we are. The status quo regarding the internal structure within the club or ownership is unlikely to change regardless before the end of the season.

IMO,I think we as true Rovers fans along with players and staff who have a heart, should unite, starting on Saturday, make Ewood a fortress and create a real atmosphere. Most importantly let's all start enjoying going again and give it our best shot at staying up. After all, we support Blackburn Rovers, not Kean, not Venkys.

We Are The Rovers!

I'm so fired up after reading that, that I've just run through a brick wall. I'm now going to roar like an indomitable lion.

Do you really believe that?!

It's Kean's total incompetence why we are where we are on the pitch and in the league.

Any proper manager (rather than a 1st team coach) would have done a considerably better job.

Totally agree - even given the ineptness of our owners - the squad is good enough to stay up in what is a poor premiership this year.

Whether another manager would have stayed under the owners is another matter !

We Are The Rovers!

So to paraphrase, the true fans, who have a heart, need to give it their best shot at keeping the club in the Premier League.

*Cynical mode off*

Trying not to see that as an "anti-protest" mantra, all I can say is that, if we do as you say, at least it will remove an excuse from Kean and Venkys when the damage they have already done to the club - especially the playing staff - ends with us relegated. They certainly wouldn't be able to blame the fans for not doing playing their part in getting behind the second rate first eleven that their successive transfer windows have left us with.

*Cynical mode on*

When we are relegated, they will blame the fans anyway, citing the first half of the season.

Sorry, we are long past this point. With Kean and Venkys, what does staying up even mean? Survival of the club? But for how much longer?

In my opinion, with PL football next season, Venkys will not sell and all we will have is a stay of execution.

Churchill needn't have worried...

:lol:

About what?

See above.... :lol:

We Are where We Are, it ain't going to change before the summer.I don't really want to re-emphasise the point the point I was trying to make but I for one don't ever envisage ' Steve Kean's Blue and White Army' reverberating around Ewood.

I just think we all need to get real and support the Rovers. Not Kean, not Venkys. BLACKBURN ROVERS!

Arsene Wenger would have the same results as Kean? :huh: Deary me.

Steves Keans Blue and White Army will never reverberate around Ewood. Forget it. It aint going to happen. Ever.

How can I enjoy going when it's so awful.

:angry2: Exactly, I get a sinking feeling just driving to the ground.

I'm so fired up after reading that, that I've just run through a brick wall. I'm now going to roar like an indomitable lion.

:lol:

ROVRS.....that's my car registration plate!

How do you spell Rovers wrong as a title?

Totally agree - even given the ineptness of our owners - the squad is good enough to stay up in what is a poor premiership this year.

Whether another manager would have stayed under the owners is another matter !

Quite right.

Posts and threads like this are really starting to get to me.

"Come on guys, if we all pull together and sing for the lads and just ignore the problems then it will be okay. Yeah! Yeah."

I could write it on the messageboard a billion times but it will make no difference, I'm not even sure why I am bothering to type this, some form of self help therapy I guess.

The problems facing the club are not going to go anywhere. At the moment we are faced with financial trouble regardless of how we do this season. Going down will merely accelerate an inevitable process. I don't know why people find it so hard to process that until Venkys leave we as a club are screwed in pretty much every way possible.

This will be controversial but when people say 'We are Rovers, the club is bigger etc etc' it is downright cringeworthy. Blackburn Rovers is a business and it's history is an independent body to that. That fact is the only thing making me happy at the moment. Venkys do not own our history, they can never take away our memories no matter how bad things get. My point is that the club is now Venkys FC, no matter how you look at it. It is not the club that we all fell in love with and those of you that are pushing supporting no matter what are actually asking people to support a memory of how things used to be. Also in regards to the player's feelings. They are all mercenaries. There hasn't been any loyalty in football for years. The majority of the non crocked ones will already have their agents on the look out.

If you are unfortunate enough to be hit with a potentially deadly disease, you deal with it. You do whatever is needed to keep you alive for the longterm, even going through immense short term pain. You do not smile, ignore what is happening and support it in its quest.

I get and understand your drift but it's the same old drivel. Steve Kean's a wxxxxr,,

But the Crux of the matter being darrenrover is that it's NOT all drivel.The fans who care about this club and its future cannot/will not sit idly by as Ewood park and 136 years of history implodes under the Rao Circus tent!

The team has received nothing but support and will no doubt continue to do so but for many enough is enough! <_<

cant go for all this 'lets get behind em bull' and 'give em hell'. ewood is not a enjoyable place to be anymore and i go with apathy, i will still sit there and clap politely but with kean and venkys still at the club thats where i draw the line, the day they depart i will let out a great big cry of happiness until then i will attend and thats as far as i go!!

"Come on guys, if we all pull together and sing for the lads and just ignore the problems then it will be okay. Yeah! Yeah."

I could write it on the messageboard a billion times but it will make no difference, I'm not even sure why I am bothering to type this, some form of self help therapy I guess.

The problems facing the club are not going to go anywhere. At the moment we are faced with financial trouble regardless of how we do this season. Going down will merely accelerate an inevitable process. I don't know why people find it so hard to process that until Venkys leave we as a club are screwed in pretty much every way possible.

This will be controversial but when people say 'We are Rovers, the club is bigger etc etc' it is downright cringeworthy. Blackburn Rovers is a business and it's history is an independent body to that. That fact is the only thing making me happy at the moment. Venkys do not own our history, they can never take away our memories no matter how bad things get. My point is that the club is now Venkys FC, no matter how you look at it. It is not the club that we all fell in love with and those of you that are pushing supporting no matter what are actually asking people to support a memory of how things used to be. Also in regards to the player's feelings. They are all mercenaries. There hasn't been any loyalty in football for years. The majority of the non crocked ones will already have their agents on the look out.

If you are unfortunate enough to be hit with a potentially deadly disease, you deal with it. You do whatever is needed to keep you alive for the longterm, even going through immense short term pain. You do not smile, ignore what is happening and support it in its quest.

Not felt the need to post on here for a long time, just read the comments with a mix of agreement and disagreement. hOwever, that post exactly sums up all of my feelings on the current events, perfectly put in my view.

Not felt the need to post on here for a long time, just read the comments with a mix of agreement and disagreement. However, that post exactly sums up all of my feelings on the current events, perfectly put in my view too.

Bang. on. the. money.

Bigger clubs with better fans than Rovers have been relegated. The 12th man means absolute pish all when the club is rotten to the core. Please try to accept this simple truth instead of deluding yourself with naive superfan topics like this.

• Backroom

I was going to reply but this pretty much sums it up.

If anyone thinks "singing for the lads" or "getting behind em" is going to make an ounce of difference to anything they're either hopefully naive or plain stupid.

The problems this club has run much deeper than the average fan realises, and no amount of singing on match day is going to alter the fact the club is on a one way trip into the abyss for as long as the parasites parading as football owners leech the life out the twitching corpse of Blackburn Rovers.

Not felt the need to post on here for a long time, just read the comments with a mix of agreement and disagreement. However, that post exactly sums up all of my feelings on the current events, perfectly put in my view too.

No motives, not a Rovers Fan, appreciate and understand everyone's frustrations and am trying as best I can to save the club.

I've no other comment to make.

No motives, not a Rovers Fan, appreciate and understand everyone's frustrations and am trying as best I can to save the club.

I've no other comment to make.

To be honest, it just comes across as pontificating.

The fans have backed the team week in, week out. They even waited patiently when Kean almost relegated the club last year, expecting Venky's to make the necessary moves to stabilize the club. They didn't listen, and backed Kean in spite of the fans. We have terrible owners, a terrible manager, and a mediocre bunch of players. We are where we deserve to be.

Turning this on to the fans, whilst making out to be some superfan yourself, is tasteless and bound to rub people up the wrong way.

Archived