BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum Statement

Kamy100

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the point of BRAG these days? What are the aims?

With the Blackburn Rovers Supporters Investment Trust now on the scene, are they just its militant wing?

When the protests were being organised, folk like Glen Mullan did a great job. To me, they have now retreated up their own backsides, 'committees', 'open meetings' and so on.

Why do we need a combination of BRAG, BRST, BRSIT, FF and so on, all with their small powerbases not landing a glove on the owners.

Slightly unfair Matty.

I'd like to think they have realised the protests have stopped having any effect and have evolved into something more meaningful.

We do need a united group though - I hope BRSIT can be the start. It will DEFINITELY need FF involvement though. Just think, the FF could be sitting in a meeting room with BRSIT as owners/board one day...

One for all, all for one, we stand together,

Will you be attending the protest against villa (hopefully you will) its all about supporters takeing back the club

I dont see how any protest against villa is going to cause anything other than a greater divide amongst the fans. I was 100% for the protests when i felt it could make a difference or our voice would be heard. They are clearly not interested in listening to anything we say or do on a match day.

I want KEAN and VENKY'S out as much as everybody else does but i am now coming round to the idea that an organised match day protest is not the way forward. Organic protest if it is going badly against villa will do more for our cause than anything before or after the game.

Its a tricky one, because if there is no protest you just know that the Board and Kean will smuggly report back to the owners that they have now got fans back on their side.

If there is a protest the Board/Kean will continue to shield the owners from it.

No win situation.

That's why Kamy+others' Indian media coverage is the most effective way of getting the message across on a platform that is out of control of the Ewood Board and Kean.

Its a tricky one, because if there is no protest you just know that the Board and Kean will smuggly report back to the owners that they have now got fans back on their side.

If there is a protest the Board/Kean will continue to shield the owners from it.

No win situation.

That's why Kamy+others' Indian media coverage is the most effective way of getting the message across on a platform that is out of control of the Ewood Board and Kean.

Totally agree. What Kamy has helped to do in India, is likely to have the best result.

Added to the fact MP's have taken up the situation.

That is all that is required for now. But in the meantime, fans need to support the team, to ensure survival.

The buy out plan may be a good idea, but it is also a massive gamble.

regarding "protesting" in india, havent those channels been explored earlier.? kamy has done some excellent work, but its not the first article written in indian media, that voices critisism of the V´s. They didnt react then and i´ll bet anyone everything, that we - as usual - get absolutely no reaction.

these sick indian owners, dont seem to give a damn.

Glad someone else noticed, spellchecking wouldn't kill some people...

Spell check, have you nothing better to do with your lifes except for niggle at stuff, and you wonder why people bicker and rovers fans don't stand together as one, cause of sad folk what think there better than others doing spell checks!!

Wish you'de spend as much time trying to save club as you do for spelling!!!

Spell check, have you nothing better to do with your lifes except for niggle at stuff, and you wonder why people bicker and rovers fans don't stand together as one, cause of sad folk what think there better than others doing spell checks!!

Do you feel the same about the BRAG press release issued today Shivery85, because that's littered with spelling mistakes and grammatical errors?

If you're going to release ANY kind of public/press release, the absolute minimum requirement is that you check your spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Otherwise, to be honest, you're much less likely to be taken seriously.

There's nothing 'sad' about running a press release through a spell checker/proof reading - people are only pointing it out because it does make a difference to people's perceptions. If you received a letter from the doctors, the bank, Rovers, or read the paper and it was full of spelling mistakes you'd think to yourself if they can't be bothered to take the time to write it correctly then why should I take any notice of it?

How things are written is important and if whoever writes press releases knows they're not great at English (and that's not a slight on them) they should think to ask someone else to read over it before making it public. People wouldn't mind doing that, it wouldn't take very long, and people's impression of the press release would be much improved.

I dont see how any protest against villa is going to cause anything other than a greater divide amongst the fans. I was 100% for the protests when i felt it could make a difference or our voice would be heard. They are clearly not interested in listening to anything we say or do on a match day.

I want KEAN and VENKY'S out as much as everybody else does but i am now coming round to the idea that an organised match day protest is not the way forward. Organic protest if it is going badly against villa will do more for our cause than anything before or after the game.

It's goin to turn any way pal if were getting beat, but brag have never organised anything for dureing a game it's always benn for before and after game!

But if we hadn't of protest then we wouldn't be in media eye and people keeping a close eye on club which is happening!!

But the villa protest has the title of SUPPORTERS TAKEING BACK THERE CLUB, and all getting together and being one huge partnership!!

You look at the likes of Liverpool fans what they managed with the yanks yeah the owners didn't get on but if it wasn't from supporters putting pressure on them in huge numbers then they would still be in charge,

We need big numbers and to keep the pressure on, Rome wasn't built over night, it's not gona change after 2 protests, we need to carry it on and get bigger and stronger and stick together as one team what are fighting for there club!!

There is gona be a 3way march for villa game and I really hope fans will join in with it, there high profile people attending and backing!!

We just need everyone together,

The march will take place from havelock, uncle jacks and golden cup! We need to save are club, if we don't do anything and sit back venky's n kean will be loling even more than ever, which they will be doing reading the bickering on here what goes on!!!

It's goin to turn any way pal if were getting beat, but brag have never organised anything for dureing a game it's always benn for before and after game!

But if we hadn't of protest then we wouldn't be in media eye and people keeping a close eye on club which is happening!!

But the villa protest has the title of SUPPORTERS TAKEING BACK THERE CLUB, and all getting together and being one huge partnership!!

You look at the likes of Liverpool fans what they managed with the yanks yeah the owners didn't get on but if it wasn't from supporters putting pressure on them in huge numbers then they would still be in charge,

We need big numbers and to keep the pressure on, Rome wasn't built over night, it's not gona change after 2 protests, we need to carry it on and get bigger and stronger and stick together as one team what are fighting for there club!!

There is gona be a 3way march for villa game and I really hope fans will join in with it, there high profile people attending and backing!!

We just need everyone together,

The march will take place from havelock, uncle jacks and golden cup! We need to save are club, if we don't do anything and sit back venky's n kean will be loling even more than ever, which they will be doing reading the bickering on here what goes on!!!

Do you mean that there will be high profile people attending and backing? If so, who?

There's nothing 'sad' about running a press release through a spell checker/proof reading - people are only pointing it out because it does make a difference to people's perceptions. If you received a letter from the doctors, the bank, Rovers, or read the paper and it was full of spelling mistakes you'd think to yourself if they can't be bothered to take the time to write it correctly then why should I take any notice of it?

How things are written is important and if whoever writes press releases knows they're not great at English (and that's not a slight on them) they should think to ask someone else to read over it before making it public. People wouldn't mind doing that, it wouldn't take very long, and people's impression of the press release would be much improved.

To be perfectly onist with you I haven't read it as yet but will be doing later and il point out to commitee who did it!!

But also on the lines everyone goes on about supports group n ff, they haven't got a meeting with full board have they before villa game, so brag must be doing something right!!!

Do you feel the same about the BRAG press release issued today Shivery85, because that's littered with spelling mistakes and grammatical errors?

Now iv just read the press release and can't see no spelling mistakes, so would you like to point them out, cause its been viewed by 4 people before I got released and there's only you spotting the mistakes now!

Thank you. Do you know who the other folk might be?

Trying to get all celebs and big figures who support rovers and the area!

they haven't got a meeting with full board have they before villa game, so brag must be doing something right!!!

So after the "biggest ever march" has taken place causing plenty of unwanted disruption to everyone who works at Blackburn Rovers, the full Ewood based board are going to drop everything an hour before kick-off to sit down with the people who organised this protest - right?

I can't wait to read the minutes.

To be perfectly onist with you I haven't read it as yet but will be doing later and il point out to commitee who did it!!

But also on the lines everyone goes on about supports group n ff, they haven't got a meeting with full board have they before villa game, so brag must be doing something right!!!

Just so I'm clear in what you are saying here, you are saying that the BRAG have a meeting with the full executive board of Blackburn Rovers on the day of the Aston Villa match?

So after the "biggest ever march" has taken place causing plenty of unwanted disruption to everyone who works at Blackburn Rovers, the full Ewood based board are going to drop everything an hour before kick-off to sit down with the people who organised this protest - right?

i been waiting to read yours for long enough

It's before the game and it's been organise for 2week now by the club and brag, all full board members are ment to be attending it!!

Archived