BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum Statement

Kamy100

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly I think this statement will go in the same Venkys 'deleted items' folder along with the attempts at communication from Jack Straw, the protest group, Wayne Wilde, Ian B, Graham Jones, Local councillors and BRFC Board members at Ewood.

Venkys are you out there?

I have been critical of the fans forum in recent months and, although I understand a little of how committees work, I have been frustrated at the very limited and seemingly disunited (informal) communications from them - as well as their apparent reluctance to rock an already listing boat.

Although it could have been stronger and more direct, I recognise that this is aimed across cultures, requiring much diplomacy, and I think this is a step in the right direction. Just getting a statement together that everyone on the FF is willing to sign up to is no mean feat.

Thanks and well done.

I dont 100% know what that statement is trying to achieve?

It's not requesting anything its not challenging anyone, so what is it a actually achieving?

:blink:

It's a positioning statement. Nothing more at the stage but it's one down from an internal comment by the 'establishment'.

Note the use of the 'D' word...

I dont 100% know what that statement is trying to achieve?

It's not requesting anything its not challenging anyone, so what is it a actually achieving?

:blink:

This is a positive move by the ff and has already been picked up by various news outlets. It could have been stronger and more forceful but the message 'venkys talk to us' still comes across.

The ff are in a delicate situation because, if they came out and slated venkys, the club probably would have been banned by mrs d from having any contact with the ff. The ff along with the two ians and wayne wild are the most likely people that will be addressed once venkys start talking again.

lol venksters subject to savaging by angry mob of maggots!

If there's any "positioning" going on there Stuart, if the reshuffling of nameplates on the table and preparation of "well nobody was interested when we talked about spud pies" excuses. Utterly pathetic attempt by a totally pointless body - who'd want to be part of that shambles now?

If I was on the FF and was party to the lies heard on the Pune trip I'd be fuming at what has subsequently happened.

This statement is more like they've all signed a non disclosure agreement.

Is it an attempt at a softly softly approach because all else appears to have failed? Is that not the approach that was taken on the Pune trip anyway?

Poor show IMO.

• Backroom

If I was on the FF and was party to the lies heard on the Pune trip I'd be fuming at what has subsequently happened.

This statement is more like they've all signed a non disclosure agreement.

Is it an attempt at a softly softly approach because all else appears to have failed? Is that not the approach that was taken on the Pune trip anyway?

Poor show IMO.

Most people are aware of my personal feelings but as a body the ff have to try and keep a line of communication open, of the ff joined the other many statements that have already gone before it would make no waves so a common sense approach is one group to try a different approach

I think that's all I want to say about the matter to be honest

• Backroom

To be honest, if the FF is so ineffectual now due to lack of communication from the owners, they may as well disband!

What's the use of meeting with a 'board' (such as it is) that has no power to do anything anyway.

Just my view of course ;)

Whilst I agree I would like to see the FF be more open and forceful in their statement we have to remember their role which I believe was a vehicle for communication between fans and the club.

If they were to burn their bridges with the club they would lose that opportunity permenantly, by being "diplomatic" they retain the prospect of actually communicationg with people everybody else is struggling to.

We as supporters can not agree on the best way forward so in my eyes there has to be alternative approaches, none of which seem to have worked so far but I respect the relevant groups that are sticking to their guns and not jumping one way or the other because they get stick from certain elements of the support.

It is exactly the kind of statement I would expect from the FF in their role, just like the statements from others have been what I expect, a sponsor being digruntled with the impact on his brand image, protesters unhappy with the running of the club and the manager.

They all serve their purpose of trying to do what's best for the club in their own ways.

I couldn't have put it better myself Gull.

We basically had two choices. We could have decided that continued meetings were not worth it and flounced out with a hard hitting statement. That might have made us feel a bit better and no doubt it would have got some short term publicity in the local media, but it would not have been picked up nationally and would have disappeared in days. It would certainly have been ignored in Pune. Then we would be left with no fans at all having any sort of conversation with anyone at the club.

Or we could have done what we have done - expressed disappointment that overtures made in Pune have not been followed through but reiterated our commitment to keep talking to the management in Ewood and keep encouraging dialogue with Venkys. It might not make exciting reading but we want to try to change things for the better and we have an advantage in having a platform at least to ask questions. The protest groups are busy expressing outrage at the situation - our approach is different because of our different positions.

To answer a previous poster, yes it has been widely distributed but it looks like the LET and Radio Lancashire are not interested. There's nothing much we can do about that.

Our offer for other fans to get involved remains, either via the pre-meets or by applying to join the Forum.

Archived