BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

By the way, haven't bothered to read back through the thread to see if anyone else has pointed this out, but options 1 and 3 are the same thing.

It appears to be an unintentional but useful trap to get the negative Nancy's on the Kean loveboat as they are always more likely to go for that option as it has the word sack in it ;)

Whilst they are the same thing, some will feel more compelled to justify their instinct because of the highlight of the downside.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I notice the poll on the Braddockboard is running at near 85% for sack the deceitful dope whether we are relegated or not.

Gives one a warm feeling. <_<

Indeed. Supports almost tripled :P

Bloody turncoats ^_^

I have voted keep if stay up... Only because the last three games have given me hope that we may have turned a corner (although I'm sure some on here will tell me I am an idiot)... Also I doubt he'd get sack if we stay up anyway!

But I now think we should try to support everyone working hard at the club and start to look up!

COYB's!

Short term memory at play here!

What about the good run we had at the end of last season!?

Short term memory at play here!

What about the good run we had at the end of last season!?

Considering that that run lasted only for the last four games, this seasons run appears to have been better (I take it from Liverpool away) and has some potential to continue.

What's interesting is that even after a couple of wins & clean sheets against poor sides (usually when the wind-up merchants reappear from under their rocks) the vast, vast majority is still very much against Kean.

Gives me faith that most people make their judgements over seasons, not a couple of games.

28 points from 29 games = disgraceful performance, whatever spin you try to put on it.

Considering that that run lasted only for the last four games, this seasons run appears to have been better (I take it from Liverpool away) and has some potential to continue.

ofcourse you do, that suits your agenda.

i recall alot of fans saying, do not judge kean based on a few bad results. Yet here we are, with the some of the same buffons, doing exactly that themselves. Apparently you can easely judge him by a few good results, but not a few bad ones, go figure...

Rather shortsighted and ignorant, but not surprising at all.

i recall alot of fans saying, do not judge kean based on a few bad results. Yet here we are, with the some of the same buffons, doing exactly that themselves. Apparently you can easely judge him by a few good results, but not a few bad ones, go figure...

That's an important point.

When Kean had shown himself to be incompetent over a short period, the sympathists/rival fans were saying we should judge him over a season.

Now he's proven himself incompetent over a full season, the same people are saying we've 'turned a corner' and Kean should get Manager of the Year after beating a couple of poor sides.

Which way do you want it?

Oh, I'm sorry. When we are discussing good runs of form I'm expected to start said run with poor results so that it doesn't suit my agenda?

That's an important point.

When Kean had shown himself to be incompetent over a short period, the sympathists/rival fans were saying we should judge him over a season.

Now he's proven himself incompetent over a full season, the same people are saying we've 'turned a corner' and Kean should get Manager of the Year after beating a couple of poor sides.

Which way do you want it?

I'm pretty sure the majority of people you are referring to as saying we've turned a corner are also hesitant at making such statements and are hinting at giving him a chance (again) if we stop up. It's very few people who are actually singing his praises. I'm one of them though :blush:

As for manager of the season, that's one journalist.

And me.

And the fan club I'm about to set up.

And the shrine I'll dedicate to him. Shame he doesn't have hair, otherwise my life sized Frankenstein's monster Kean clone would have more of a chance of seeing the light of day.

Oh, I'm sorry. When we are discussing good runs of form I'm expected to start said run with poor results so that it doesn't suit my agenda?

nope, just dont be hypocritical.

you previously argued, that kean should not be judged, based on a few bad resluts, but yet here you are, judging him on a few good ones.

not that hard to grasp, is it.?

nope, just dont be hypocritical.

you previously argued, that kean should not be judged, based on a few bad resluts, but yet here you are, judging him on a few good ones.

not that hard to grasp, is it.?

Oh, so you've backed down on your comment about me including good results whilst discussing a good run of form? Thank you so much.

I'm judging him on him keeping us up which takes a full season to achieve. Is that hard to grasp? He hasn't done it yet but he's on course to keep dead certain relegation fodder up. Give him a knighthood.

I'm judging him on him keeping us up which takes a full season to achieve. Is that hard to grasp? He hasn't done it yet but he's on course to keep dead certain relegation fodder up. Give him a knighthood.

Are you judging him on JUST keeping us up. What position in the league do we have to achieve for you to be able to justify your view that Kean is a great manager.

Have you ever thought why Rovers are 'dead certain relegation fodder' couldn't have anything to do with the owners and manager could it.

Are you judging him on JUST keeping us up. What position in the league do we have to achieve for you to be able to justify your view that Kean is a great manager.

Have you ever thought why Rovers are 'dead certain relegation fodder' couldn't have anything to do with the owners and manager could it.

Well it's a results business and staying in the league is our main objective and always has been since we came back up. I couldn't calculate what he'd have to achieve to justify that but to be a great manager I'd expect him to have been doing the business for half a decade leading to a decade of safety in the top flight at a team like Rovers.

We were dead certain relegation fodder because of the hysteria. We were candidates but I've never been of the belief that we were going down, that's simply how this board and much of the media portrayed it, and continue to portray it.

I agree that they portrayed us as that way because of the actions of the owners, but I feel under different management, had it come in during this season and the sales had still been made, we may well not be as high as we are now given the team spirit instilled by the manager and the stability Black appears to have added in defence.

We were dead certain relegation fodder because of the hysteria.

Thats a relief I thought it had something to do with Kean being incompetent and Venkys using Rovers for commercial reasons not football reasons.

Thats a relief I thought it had something to do with Kean being incompetent and Venkys using Rovers for commercial reasons not football reasons.

As I said, we were relegation candidates. But pretty much EVERYONE on here said we were certainly relegated. Just as they are saying the same for next season.

Oh, so you've backed down on your comment about me including good results whilst discussing a good run of form? Thank you so much.

i dont care who you tried to troll, thats besides the point, what i did notice was your hypocritical viewpoint/s

so how is it, that you cant judge kean on a few bad results, but it can be done on a few good ones.??

i dont care who you tried to troll, thats besides the point, what i did notice was your hypocritical viewpoint/s

so how is it, that you cant judge kean on a few bad results, but it can be done on a few good ones.??

Please reread my last post or concentrate on the capitals below.

I AM JUDGING HIM ON THE SEASON. IF HE KEEPS US UP THEN HE WILL HAVE DONE SO OVER THE COURSE OF A SEASON. THIS IS NOT JUDGING HIM ON A FEW RESULTS. PLEASE TELL ME YOU UNDERSTAND THIS. I DO NOT FEEL THE CHANCES OF FINDING ANOTHER MANAGER WHO WILL WORK AS EFFECTIVELY UNDER THE CURRENT POOR OWNERS (EITHER BECAUSE THEY WANT FULL CONTROL OF THEIR SQUAD OR BECAUSE OF THE COST AN EXPERIENCED ONE WOULD BE AND THE LACK OF MONEY VENKY'S APPEAR TO HAVE) MAKE IT A WORTHWHILE AVENUE TO GO DOWN. THE PLAYERS ARE PLAYING FOR THIS MAN AT A LEVEL ADEQUATE TO STAY IN THE LEAGUE.

I agree that Mrs D and her brothers got us into this mess and whether we replace Kean or not, I'm not sure another manager would put up with their incompetence. Yes, there are much better managers out there who could do a better job, but could they work with these Indian owners? Would they travel to India for meetings and have a next-to-nothing budget to work with? I’m not so sure.

I almost feel now this is an irrelevant question because I don't believe they will sack Kean, especially if we survive. It seems he’s too intertwined into Venkys way of working and you almost get the feeling he knows too much about them. Let’s face it, he’s the punch bag between us (the fans) and the owners of the club, so now with results starting to pick up – why would they think about changing it?

I do think overall, the idea to cut the wage bill makes sense, and a new youthful squad is something I’m all in favour for. I also look at the success the Academy and I hope they make it to the Youth Cup Final to ensure they get the recognition they deserve. To me, these kids (and the current crop in the first team) are the way forward, and under Kean, you feel some of the stars in that team will get their chance in the first team next season. This will probably be because of the lack of funds or squad depth – but let’s face it, when money has been there to spend, most of the players bought have either been no good, or Kean simply doesn’t play them anyway... I agree that we need 1-2 more experienced players in the squad, but bringing youngsters through does seem to be one of Kean’s strong points and ultimately this fits Venkys plan. He may be a bad manager, but he certainly motivates these youngsters to put on a performance when called upon...

So at present, I find myself sitting on the fence, enjoying our recent upturn in results and feeling relieved that the pressure of relegation is now easing slightly. To me, debates about replacing Kean should be left to the end of the season and by then we should hopefully see if Venkys are here to stay or are looking to sell. The futures of Hoilett, NZonzi, Olsson etc will be then hopefully be known and we can see what the future holds for our club.

Personally, I’d love a proper manager, but then we’d need proper owners, who can nurture our youth, improve the squad and of course our league position. Until then, we just have to hope we get the points needed to survive relegation another season.... At least then it might make us an attractive purchase IF the 'for sale' sign goes up.

Please reread my last post or concentrate on the capitals below.

I AM JUDGING HIM ON THE SEASON. IF HE KEEPS US UP THEN HE WILL HAVE DONE SO OVER THE COURSE OF A SEASON. THIS IS NOT JUDGING HIM ON A FEW RESULTS. PLEASE TELL ME YOU UNDERSTAND THIS. I DO NOT FEEL THE CHANCES OF FINDING ANOTHER MANAGER WHO WILL WORK AS EFFECTIVELY UNDER THE CURRENT POOR OWNERS (EITHER BECAUSE THEY WANT FULL CONTROL OF THEIR SQUAD OR BECAUSE OF THE COST AN EXPERIENCED ONE WOULD BE AND THE LACK OF MONEY VENKY'S APPEAR TO HAVE) MAKE IT A WORTHWHILE AVENUE TO GO DOWN. THE PLAYERS ARE PLAYING FOR THIS MAN AT A LEVEL ADEQUATE TO STAY IN THE LEAGUE.

you previously stated, that others could not judge kean based on a few bad results, but you are judging him on the exact same merit, just with a few good ones. HENCE YOUR DESIRE FOR A NEW POLL.

But pretty much EVERYONE on here said we were certainly relegated. Just as they are saying the same for next season.

When you consider that only one side has ended up surviving after being bottom of the league at christmas it's not hard to understand why the majority thought we were dead and buried.

It's also not hard to understand why most think we will be flirting with relegation next season. So far that's all we have ever done under Kean.

you previously stated, that others could not judge kean based on a few bad results, but you are judging him on the exact same merit, just with a few good ones. HENCE YOUR DESIRE FOR A NEW POLL.

The poll is irrelevant to the overall thing. As I have said I was just looking at other people's swing. Not agreeing with the swing, not putting much credence in it.

I'm not judging him in the same merit as my opinion of him hasn't changed all season.

You seriously need to read my posts and your posts in full befoer attempting to call people out. I admittedly made the same mistake with Mercerman earlier in the youth cup thread but I owned up when I was wrong (and have even brought it up unneccesarily, here), something I doubt you'll do.

When you consider that only one side has ended up surviving after being bottom of the league at christmas it's not hard to understand why the majority thought we were dead and buried.

It's also not hard to understand why most think we will be flirting with relegation next season. So far that's all we have ever done under Kean.

I know, it'll be a marvellous achievement, right! A large amount had resigned us to relegation long before xmas.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were flirting with relegation next season under these owners, but I dont trust them not to sell to a Syed, nor do I trust them to employ a Kean replacement who will connect with the players and get what he does out of them.

The majority in world football who know of it do dislike Sam Allardyce's football. Surely you can concede that, even if you feel the majority hold the wrong opinion.

Can you explain to me how you speak for "the majority in the football world" . Have you asked them all ? And who is the football world ? That sentence is also badly worded which is very disappointing coming from an "intellectual".

Archived