BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

Well it's a results business and staying in the league is our main objective and always has been since we came back up.

Not true - Mark Hughes never saw it that way and Sam Allardyce had ambitions beyond mere survival. Ironic that you finally have conceded that football is all about results but continue to denigrate a manager who always delivered them when it mattered. "Intellectual" argument lost - again.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not true - Mark Hughes never saw it that way and Sam Allardyce had ambitions beyond mere survival. Ironic that you finally have conceded that football is all about results but continue to denigrate a manager who always delivered them when it mattered. "Intellectual" argument lost - again.

Mark hughes stated every season that the aim was always to avoid relegation first and foremost.

You can have ambitions beyond, I've not suggested otherwise.

Managers can be criticised on matters aside from results, of course. Ultimately it comes down to results though. Kean's doing enough right now, I know it pains you to hear me say.

As I said, we were relegation candidates. But pretty much EVERYONE on here said we were certainly relegated. Just as they are saying the same for next season.

You stated that Rovers were 'dead certain relagation fodder' so all I want to know is why you think we are and what you think is the reason for it.

braddock

The poll is irrelevant to the overall thing. As I have said I was just looking at other people's swing. Not agreeing with the swing, not putting much credence in it.

yeah right captain obvious

I'm not judging him in the same merit as my opinion of him hasn't changed all season.

You seriously need to read my posts and your posts in full befoer attempting to call people out. I admittedly made the same mistake with Mercerman earlier in the youth cup thread but I owned up when I was wrong (and have even brought it up unneccesarily, here), something I doubt you'll do.

kean is turning it around, he is proving he can do it etc, thats some of the lines you have thrown out on the basis on a few good results, that proves you do judge based on a few good ones. Quickly you try to twist your onw words and say, oh i only judge by a season, again, sure you do captain obvious.

Can you explain to me how you speak for "the majority in the football world" . Have you asked them all ? And who is the football world ? That sentence is also badly worded which is very disappointing coming from an "intellectual".

Da intelec2al coment musta wheeley got 2 u.

Are you saying that more people who know of Sam's style are in favour of it than dislike it?

You stated that Rovers were 'dead certain relagation fodder' so all I want to know is why you think we are and what you think is the reason for it.

We were that, in the eyes of others. In my eyes we stood a chance of being relegated, just like we do every season, more so than we did under Allardyce.

yeah right captain obvious

kean is turning it around, he is proving he can do it etc, thats some of the lines you have thrown out on the basis on a few good results, that proves you do judge based on a few good ones. Quickly you try to twist your onw words and say, oh i only judge by a season, again, sure you do captain obvious.

I can't explain it any more simple ways. I've been saying the same thing all season whilst I've been on the board. I'm still saying the same things but do you expect me not to mention the evidence to back my views up?

It's pointless replying to you, you're clearly not understanding.

We were that, in the eyes of others. In my eyes we stood a chance of being relegated, just like we do every season, more so than we did under Allardyce.

So are you saying that Kean is c**p and a worse manager than Allerdyce?

As regards Allerdyce I remember that the football world came out strongly in favour of Alllerdyce and his managerial credentials when he was sacked by the Venkys.

Mark hughes stated every season that the aim was always to avoid relegation first and foremost.

You can have ambitions beyond, I've not suggested otherwise.

Managers can be criticised on matters aside from results, of course. Ultimately it comes down to results though. Kean's doing enough right now, I know it pains you to hear me say.

You're confusing Hughes with Souness but then your thought processes do seem somewhat confused at the best of times which coming from an "intellectual" is surprising. Rovers have won 2 in a row for the first time in 18 months so well done to the players and the manager. Looking forward to your Kean love-in after the next win this weekend.

This is simple enough to answer for myself.

Doesn't matter where we finish in the league the fool must go, end of.

There is no chance anyone will ever change my mind on this.

He is the worst manager in the football league and shows no real signs of improving.

Also his attitude towards the fans is a disgrace.

Even the wins lately were some what ruined for me when the camera flashed towards the idiot during the games.

Eric black on the other hand deserves alot of credit. Our improvements started soon after his arrival.

Will always come across as a coward and a creep, thats just a part of the man i don't think can change.

Always an excuse and they are always cringeworthy.

Does'nt look for solutions always looks for sympathy playing the family card as his ace up his sleeve when he feels the media might just bring up his pi$$ poor record, and the daily media dose of admiring his "dignity" went past embarrassing a year ago its just inflamortory now.

Kean out, always kean out never anything but kean out.

Long live the Kean.

If that is your view why didn't you vote to keep whatever happens?

You got your wish for a poll reset and the total for sacking at the moment is still nearly 90%

So the vast majority still want him out, why don't you finally come clean Agnew

He's a lying sack who has no sense of decency or moral compass, any man that will use his kids to deflect the media is scum.

As a manager his record is appalling.

His treatment of and spin on the fans is deplorable.

The constant tirade of spin/lies is an insult to anybody with half a brain.

Transfers are a mishmash of the sublime to the ridiculous Yakubu excellent........Ribeiro, Anderson, Slew, what was the point apart from paying fees and giving satan's son a pay packet. Rochina and Simon what was the point of signing them in order to freeze them out, although I guess agent's fees are again a point....Orr, Dann, Petrovic etc. are poor.

I think the poll will be similar to last time simply because any posters who may wish to vote to 'keep' will not wish to have the avalanche of abuse from the usuals.

IMO more fans would vote if there was a way of carrying out an annonymous poll.

But, that is only my opinion.

If that is your view why didn't you vote to keep whatever happens?

You got your wish for a poll reset and the total for sacking at the moment is still nearly 90%

So the vast majority still want him out, why don't you finally come clean Agnew

And also Agnew can admit to his love of PNE.

He's a lying sack who has no sense of decency or moral compass, any man that will use his kids to deflect the media is scum.

As a manager his record is appalling.

His treatment of and spin on the fans is deplorable.

The constant tirade of spin/lies is an insult to anybody with half a brain.

I will never set foot in Ewood again whilst this excuse for a man is in the manager's seat.

Get a grip.

Kean isn't a good manager and he shouldn't be managing the team. But to refuse to turn up at Ewood to support the team purely on the grounds that you dont like the manager is rather childish in my opinion. Surely you support Rovers more than you hate Kean?

Kean deserves a degree of respect for the last couple of performances but that doesn't excuse the past 18 months. I dont have much of an opinion about the lies/spin that everyone accuses him of. Every manager creates spin, Kean more so than most clearly, but thats insignificant in comparison to what happens on the pitch. I dont think its particularly fair to single him out in that respect.

Venky's deserve far more hatred in my opinion. They have ruined this club. Kean clearly deserves a great deal of criticism but I feel that alot of it should be aimed at the owners. Kean is a symptom of the problem. If/when he's fired, nothing much will change. Incompetent owners who refuse to invest will do more damage to this club then Kean ever could.

Get a grip.

Kean isn't a good manager and he shouldn't be managing the team. But to refuse to turn up at Ewood to support the team purely on the grounds that you dont like the manager is rather childish in my opinion. Surely you support Rovers more than you hate Kean?

Kean deserves a degree of respect for the last couple of performances but that doesn't excuse the past 18 months. I dont have much of an opinion about the lies/spin that everyone accuses him of. Every manager creates spin, Kean more so than most clearly, but thats insignificant in comparison to what happens on the pitch. I dont think its particularly fair to single him out in that respect.

Venky's deserve far more hatred in my opinion. They have ruined this club. Kean clearly deserves a great deal of criticism but I feel that alot of it should be aimed at the owners. Kean is a symptom of the problem. If/when he's fired, nothing much will change. Incompetent owners who refuse to invest will do more damage to this club then Kean ever could.

Get a Grip?

Kean/Venkys/Anderson etc. all pee in the same pot and I will not support these ###### financially, I have voted with my feet since there appears to be no other way to show displeasure with the farce that was once BRFC.

Well it's been an interesting day. I went to an art museum today with a friend and the strangest thing happened. Whilst looking at yet another picture I was asked by my friend what I thought of it. I had to be honest and say I felt it was hideous and I didn't really comprehend what it was a picture of. My friend looked shocked stating that it displayed strong emotions and was representative of dark times. I asked how on earth she could depict that from the painting. One smile later she explained that not everyone sees the same as her but she could see the passion through the brush strokes and the sorrow within the colours. I have to say I just think it's a load of paint thrown on a canvas but a revelation befell me. people can look at the same thing and see two completely different things.

Would you adam and eve it?

I voted "Sack - Even if we stay up"

But I'd just like to add that that is under the proviso that there's somebody more capable, and willing to take his job.

Also, is it just me or is it a little hypocritical for people on here to complain that Kean brought his kids to a game, and then talk about how Ewood should be a place where the whole family can go and watch a match?... Is it, or is it not a place for the family?

You can't have it both ways.

I voted "Sack - Even if we stay up"

But I'd just like to add that that is under the proviso that there's somebody more capable, and willing to take his job.

Also, is it just me or is it a little hypocritical for people on here to complain that Kean brought his kids to a game, and then talk about how Ewood should be a place where the whole family can go and watch a match?... Is it, or is it not a place for the family?

You can't have it both ways.

Kean took his kids to the press meeting after a game when he knew he would be flamed, slight difference to just a game/family atmosphere.

Kean took his kids to the press meeting after a game when he knew he would be flamed, slight difference to just a game/family atmosphere.

Surely your not saying Keano took his kids along to create said situation?

Bugger me that's a bit low.

Next people will be telling he stabbed his mates in the back and blames strangers for his drinking issues.

• Backroom

I dont have much of an opinion about the lies/spin that everyone accuses him of. Every manager creates spin, Kean more so than most clearly, but thats insignificant in comparison to what happens on the pitch. I dont think its particularly fair to single him out in that respect.

When have you heard any other manager talk about getting 500 letters a day of support? Or talk about only 1% of the fans being unhappy when it is quite clearly the majority? Or tell the world the club has "the biggest budget in a long time" and then proceed to have a net profit by the end of the transfer window?

There's spin and then there is Steve Kean. The man is truly in a league of his own, it's very easy to forget when we win.

When have you heard any other manager talk about getting 500 letters a day of support? Or talk about only 1% of the fans being unhappy when it is quite clearly the majority? Or tell the world the club has "the biggest budget in a long time" and then proceed to have a net profit by the end of the transfer window?

There's spin and then there is Steve Kean. The man is truly in a league of his own, it's very easy to forget when we win.

You forget:

Myles "Chris Smalling" Anderson

Bruno "Dennis Irwin" Ribeiro

David "Scottish Wayne Rooney" Supercock

Junior will sign next week, next month, soon etc etc

He couldn't lie straight in bed

Got to agree,If we get rid who are they going to get to replace him.?Its the old adage "damned if we do, damned if we don`t".The only good thing in our favour is that the players back him.Imagine if we had a just as bad manager that didn`t have that support.

Archived