BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

Would love a new feature on the forum, to ignore all posts that quote a user in addition to ignoring the user themselves!

Ohh and Pedro excellent post. Although I want SK sacked, people do take it too far on here IMHO.

Why do you want him sacked?

No other manager could take you further.

Championship football for the Championship standard fans for you next season or the one after that.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Championship football for the Championship standard fans for you next season or the one after that.

Apart from where Allardyce had us, of course (top 10).

You best tell us about the lower leagues as we've been in the PL for 18 out of the last 20 years.

Why? For the lies, the performances, the signings, the way he got the job, the agents fees, the way he's shown club legends the door, the media campaign he has instigated.

And for the rest of your post, come back when you've won this league. Or infact when you've spent more time than us in it.

A 'proper' manager is someone like Curbishley or Bruce, either of whom I'm positive would be a massive improvement on Kean.

The expections are so low now, celebrating back-to-wins against horrendous sides and saying that Kean is anything other than a complete disaster (check the stats), that somebody like Bruce or Curbs would blow people's minds on here.

Bruce would be a sideways step. The only plus to having Bruce as manager would be that it would invariably mean that Venkys had sold up.

Sideways? He did a crap job at Sunderland and still left with a better win % than Kean.

I really don't get it. Kean hasn't changed. He's still, as my friend who shared a bottle of wine with him said (putting it politely) a plonker. He's still a liar. He still shows total and utter contempt for fans, trying to smarm round us with how magnificent we've been recently and suggesting we're back on board, when most of us are far from it but know he's going nowhere and therefore are sensibly ignoring everything he says and just concentrating on cheering the players on. We are still far from safe and a half way decent run from Bolton or QPR could see us relegated quite easily. I still hate the sight of his face grining from ear to ear. I still find it impossible to listen to his interviews. I still don't want him anywhere near my club. I know he's here to stay but that doesn't mean I have to want him or show him any support.

• Backroom

I really don't get it. Kean hasn't changed. He's still, as my friend who shared a bottle of wine with him said (putting it politely) a plonker. He's still a liar. He still shows total and utter contempt for fans, trying to smarm round us with how magnificent we've been recently and suggesting we're back on board, when most of us are far from it but know he's going nowhere and therefore are sensibly ignoring everything he says and just concentrating on cheering the players on. We are still far from safe and a half way decent run from Bolton or QPR could see us relegated quite easily. I still hate the sight of his face grining from ear to ear. I still find it impossible to listen to his interviews. I still don't want him anywhere near my club. I know he's here to stay but that doesn't mean I have to want him or show him any support.

Yeah but we beat the mighty Wolves and Sunderland.

All very true, and I would like him as far away from Ewood as possible if we could find someone better, but you have to admit the players seem to be behind him and are playing well for him.

Jim's hit the nail on the head, he's not lost the players, not at any stage of the season. They have all played for him which makes you think that despite the propaganda they may actually like him and be playing for him,

It's been obvious for months that Kean is going nowhere. It's also been obvious that he has the backing of the dressing room despite what some self appointed 'In the knowers' might have said. Those who cant support Kean should get off his back for purely pragmatic reasons.

Unfortunately, some just cant seem to bring themselves to do that. Sadly, it appears that some have a strange hatred of Kean that supersedes any love they may have for Rovers.

I really dont understand the love in both the press and fans are starting to have all of a sudden with Kean? He is still the worst manager in the history of the league and possibly rovers. His win percentage is in the 20's so how could he possibly be Manager of the year??

Has he really done such a good job that we should be praising him?

Sideways? He did a crap job at Sunderland and still left with a better win % than Kean.

He did but having played DOUBLE the games his record is an almighty 1% better! Would not fill me with confidence, record at Wigan was 4% better.

IMO a good pl manager for a club like ours needs a win % of at least 35%.

It's been obvious for months that Kean is going nowhere. It's also been obvious that he has the backing of the dressing room despite what some self appointed 'In the knowers' might have said. Those who cant support Kean should get off his back for purely pragmatic reasons.

Unfortunately, some just cant seem to bring themselves to do that. Sadly, it appears that some have a strange hatred of Kean that supersedes any love they may have for Rovers.

Just as you seem incapable of posting without critic of our fans, others will be unable to do so in reference to Kean.

I really dont understand the love in both the press and fans are starting to have all of a sudden with Kean? He is still the worst manager in the history of the league and possibly rovers. His win percentage is in the 20's so how could he possibly be Manager of the year??

Has he really done such a good job that we should be praising him?

He has been getting sympathy then praise from the media ever since the Swansea game.

He's only having to pull off a minor managerial miracle because he got the club into such deep excrement in the first place. That said if he manages to keep us up, and I expect that if he does he'll be staying, and can carry the form we've had since christmas into next season then we might end up doing ok with him.

On another note I had a very telling conversation with my very friendly West Ham supporting postman yesterday (I live in London), it went something along the lines of this -

Him - "They're calling Big Sam the artist, 'cause he keeps drawing"

Me - "Tell you what, I'd love to be able to complain about being third in the league"

Him - "Your lot are doing well though, Kean's looking a good manager; that was a good win in the week"

Me - "Back to back wins"

Him - "exactly..."

Me - "for the first time since he took over, that's about 50 games"

Him - "ah"

Me - "first two clean sheets in getting close to a calendar year too"

Him - (confused) "Well... then he's got to go, surely?"

All very true, and I would like him as far away from Ewood as possible if we could find someone better, but you have to admit the players seem to be behind him and are playing well for him.

Well Paul robinson did tell my daughter a year or more ago now that kean was good - not as good as Allardyce and very different but still good, but if so, and we have to keep him, perhaps someone needs to send him on a how to win friends and influence people course so that he can work out how to win over fans to whom he has lied and who he has constantly disparaged all season. A large slice of humble pie and perhaps i didn't go about things the right way would go a l;ong way to appease a large number of fans who only want honesty from the manager.

• Moderation Lead

you can't except the fact kean is improving

*accept.

2 wins in 2 with 2 clean sheets, yes it's good.

But he's a long way to go to be forgiven for all that's gone before.

There can be no doubt whatsoever that Kean is improving.

He is a young Manager who is clearly developing. Just compare his coaching and cajoling from the sidelines recently compared to earlier in the season. A good example occurred in the Aston Villa game when he clearly lost patience with Petrovic. He shouted loudly "Come on, go to the ball Rado" a couple of times in huge exasperation, substituted him there and then and hasn't played him since.

Witness also the inability of Dunn, Givet and to a lesser extent Orr to get back into the team- kept out by the form of the current eleven. That wouldn't have happened a few months ago. This shows a young Manager growing in confidence and actually demonstrating some leadership!

Jim's hit the nail on the head, he's not lost the players, not at any stage of the season. They have all played for him which makes you think that despite the propaganda they may actually like him and be playing for him,

But so what?

This is the kinda crap the media come out with - 'He hasn't lost the dressing room.'

So even WITH the player's backing he's a useless excuse for a manager? Rightyo.

Archived