BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

people forget we played a very very very poor wolves side, who the following week were hammered by man utd 5-0 and the same result against bottom half west brom, who sit only a few places above us and a sunderland team without a few keys players probably resting on their laurels knowing that they have a big fa cup game coming up, those two results werent indicitive of our recent form, they were just anomalies!!!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, despite the standard of journalism in this country being rather pathetic... it does influence massive amounts of people. The sympathy Kean has in the general public is unbelievable. Well, when you see who his agent is and the amount of media spin that's been orchestrated to paint Kean in a sympathetic light then I suppose it's very believable... but what's amazing is how quickly I'm able to change somebody's mind when discussing Kean. Once they're aware of the facts they no longer have much if any sympathy with Kean and tend to agree the media has blown the protests and "abuse" towards Kean way out of proportion.

Sadly, the overwhelming majority will rely on the print media to provide them with their opinion... and thus they'll be making their assumptions based on incredible spin and little in the way of facts.

Just cant believe that the Rovers fans havent yet come up with some chants regarding this man and his works.

It is just a shame that Myles Anderson can't play because of the abuse he may receive.....

Just another lie and another way of blaming the fans for his own shortcomings. You know - "Myles would be a great signing if the fans would leave him alone". [throwup].

So after reading about the Notlob game, we are back to the current ratio of 50% clueless useless unmotivated rubbish halves to halves of playing like we have something at stake.

What was that about Kean having the players solidly with him?

If they are 50% of the time Kean is telling them to get relegated.

It is just a shame that Myles Anderson can't play because of the abuse he may receive.....

More lying dross from that witless moron Kean, he signed young Myles because of his dad, end of, he isn't Chris Smalling and he isn't good enough for the PL, nor is Goodwillie, Petrovic, Orr, Dann etc. etc. just more spin from the Ewood lies Factory....................God! I miss JW

I know its been mentioned before but what's going on with Rochina? He is surely a better option to come off the bench and go all out for an equaliser than Goodwillie and Modeste? At least he has a shot in him. Yet he's gone from being always in the squad to never seen again.

So much going on that we don't know about. Transparency is a thing of the past at Ewood.

I just want them gone, Venky's and Kean, I don't understand "turn the corner", he has always been extremely poor in terms of results, I don't care if he has us playing "total football", if he doesn't win and keep us in the league it matters little.

What I don't want it a never ending annual cycle of relegation battles until the inevitable time comes.

Anyone who wants Steve Kean at the club in a Managerial position does not care for the club.

I just want them gone, Venky's and Kean, I don't understand "turn the corner", he has always been extremely poor in terms of results, I don't care if he has us playing "total football", if he doesn't win and keep us in the league it matters little.

What I don't want it a never ending annual cycle of relegation battles until the inevitable time comes.

Anyone who wants Steve Kean at the club in a Managerial position does not care for the club.

+1

The last line is a such a loaded statement.

I want both gone from the club however as long as Venkys are here Kean is here. So if he goes who do we get? Grant? Bruce? Another no mark manager? Sorry I would keep Kean unless we got a Pardew/Curbs/O Neill type of manager, how many others feel the same as me, I don't know but I care for my club so your statement is wrong.

I know its been mentioned before but what's going on with Rochina? He is surely a better option to come off the bench and go all out for an equaliser than Goodwillie and Modeste? At least he has a shot in him. Yet he's gone from being always in the squad to never seen again.

So much going on that we don't know about. Transparency is a thing of the past at Ewood.

From hearing certain things, kean and rochina have had a huge bust up (because he wasnt even named on the bench, and dropped from the squad).

more proof that kean's man management is non existant.. and yet more proof that if you disagree with kean you are out the door!

If rochina was deployed behind the striker, he could be deadly.

kean's treatment of vukcevic, rochina and to some extent goodwillie (not the best technically, but he scored for a couple of games running and hasnt had a look in since) is an absolute disgrace.

So here we are yet again.

We have lost a match on paper we would have fancied.

Opponents in a mess but our wonderful manager decided to return to type.

Does anyone remember what it was like two years ago to actually look forward to a rovers match. Yes some didn't like sam but no one can deny he got results and had us going well.

Now we have the bald one. I have gone through several articles in the weekend papers and words fail me.

I always knew the press had little time for rovers but the blatent lies they are publishing right now leaves me lost for breath.

Its not our rovers anymore, the players either don't care or else are brain washed by kean.

Venkys do have alot to answer for but its kean thats has caused me to feel down.

He is by far the worst manager in the prem thats not open for debate. On top of that the man is pure scum of the highest order and will never be accepted by most rovers.

I stopped going to matches when he got his new contract and now I rarely watch their matches on tv. The reason being the camera keeps flashing to his disgusting grin. Will this fool ever be replaced? Not while the chicken farmers are around I fear.

I miss ewood and caring about my team but I can't accept this crap and won't.

If rochina was deployed behind the striker, he could be deadly.

kean's treatment of vukcevic, rochina and to some extent goodwillie (not the best technically, but he scored for a couple of games running and hasnt had a look in since) is an absolute disgrace.

The options to rotate or change Right Wing and the man behind the Yak are potentially exciting. You could play Rochina/Simon/Junior/Formo in all those positions. Yet its taken Kean until the Wolves game to even try Hoilett there.

Its been said before, but why waste the money on these players if he won't/can't use them to change games?

One day the truth will come out.

but what's amazing is how quickly I'm able to change somebody's mind when discussing Kean. Once they're aware of the facts they no longer have much if any sympathy with Keanquote]

Exactly.

Until a few weeks ago, some Rovers fans for example, had not even heard of Jerome Anderson.

Speaking with non Rovers fans, when they become aware of what has gone on, they think he is a t00l too.

The options to rotate or change Right Wing and the man behind the Yak are potentially exciting. You could play Rochina/Simon/Junior/Formo in all those positions. Yet its taken Kean until the Wolves game to even try Hoilett there.

Its been said before, but why waste the money on these players if he won't/can't use them to change games?

One day the truth will come out.

It's beyond frustrating and beyond any logic.

Rovers fans can see what needs to be done, BUT...

Kean cant even spell tactics, nevermind employ new tactics.

The last time he tried to influence a game, we nearly lost it (qpr at home).

Even his substitutions are predictable.

he's either stubborn, clueless / or both!

Amazing that we should produce such an uninspired and gutless performance in such a big game, especially after generating some confidence against clueless Wolves and the cream crackered Sunderland. Unfortunately, the minute things do not go to plan, Kean is like a rabbit caught in the headlights and has absolutely no idea what to do to positively affect the situation.

Kean remains badly damaged goods, unwanted by most Rovers fans and irrespective of the recent upturn in our results, a manager that few will ever fully support. I cannot and will not ever support this sly little bloke in charge of the club. Time to go Keano whether we stay up, or go down. In fact he could leave tomorrow with my blessing.

VenKean's major achievement to date is to spectacularly lower fan expectations to such an extent that remaining in this division would now be seen a feather in this manager's cap. Unbelievable really and you have to hand it to them. We all think they must be stupid, the whole job lot of them, but they have managed the scripted media releases so well, that most in the country have the owners and manager's down as the innocent party in Rovers fall from grace!

Get lost Kean. You were never wanted, liked, or more importantly respected. We will be well shut of you.

The sad thing is, of course, that whatever happens to this club, Steve Kean will come out smelling of roses.

If we stay up, he'll be lauded as a managerial mastermind (heck, they've started already).

If we go down, the fans will cop it for "not backing the manager".

And should Kean retain his job or somehow find himself sacked, he'll be raking it in.

The fans are the only losers in this tangled web.

The sad thing is, of course, that whatever happens to this club, Steve Kean will come out smelling of roses.

If we stay up, he'll be lauded as a managerial mastermind (heck, they've started already).

If we go down, the fans will cop it for "not backing the manager".

And should Kean retain his job or somehow find himself sacked, he'll be raking it in.

The fans are the only losers in this tangled web.

Yes he'll walk away with a big payoff, but let's be honest, he's never going to manage again in this country. And who would bring him in as a coach given the job he did on Allardyce?

He wIll get another job after Rovers without a doubt.

He's got a cunning agent and the media eating out of his hands.

Maybe in scotland, But in England.. :unsure: im not sure.

He'll have to start pretty low down the pyramid!

Thats the least of our worries.. how do we get him out ? :(

The last line is a such a loaded statement.

I want both gone from the club however as long as Venkys are here Kean is here. So if he goes who do we get? Grant? Bruce? Another no mark manager? Sorry I would keep Kean unless we got a Pardew/Curbs/O Neill type of manager, how many others feel the same as me, I don't know but I care for my club so your statement is wrong.

Why? When Kean was brought in, many held (including myself) some degree of willingness to see how this played out, maybe he was a good kept secret, we all know Rovers have always found a few surprises, this was still when we had a board and someone who we trust implicitly with the clubs future in JW, I would be more then happy to take another punt on someone fresh and new AS LONG as any non performance was dealt with swiftly as was the case of Ince.

Whether we stay up this year or not is now no longer the question to be asked, what is important is the long term future of the club and Steve Kean CANNOT deliver us the levels of success we have previously experienced, anyone who says otherwise is either deluded or insane.

Therefore the statement is not loaded, if you are satisfied to have Steve Kean as the Manager of this proud club under ANY circumstances, you do not care for the club.

Archived